ADVERTISEMENT

Kalkbrenner

1c1608c7a7e4d9076b74f91a5235d99c_300x187.jpeg

Self can put these in the trophy case.

Carlson officially visits this weekend. I am assuming that the scholarship is first come first serve. Any chance he commits this weekend? It seems like Kansas has given Ryan more to think about.

Carlson officially visits this weekend. I am assuming that the scholarship is first come first serve. Any chance he commits this weekend? It seems like Kansas has given Ryan more to think about.

Not much activity from the 247 so called experts for Carlson to Purdue. Not sure why X leads but they recruited JP Macura from Minny. Morton and Ivey were unexpected so maybe there will be a shocker. The drama!

I can’t wait for all of the threads to butcher the name to Carson instead of Carlson if he does sign.

Not much activity from the 247 so called experts for Carlson to Purdue. Not sure why X leads but they recruited JP Macura from Minny. Morton and Ivey were unexpected so maybe there will be a shocker. The drama!

I can’t wait for all of the threads to butcher the name to Carson instead of Carlson if he does sign.

JP Macura... a player you would think would be a Cline. However, he is such a sorry ass clown that he could never hope to be a Cline. I always hoped Cline and Macura could face off in the tournament so Ryan could wipe the shit eating grin Macura always has right off his face

Edit: Google image search JP Macura for an example of said grin

Reactions: pboiler18 and TX4GB
Yeah I think you take the first of Kalkbrenner, Dickinson and Carlson to commit. From there, you leave the offer to Dickinson open and make room if he wants to come.

Reactions: TX4GB
I do think we will get one of the three. However, I do have what I hope is a hypothetical question.

What happens if we would happen to lose out on all three? Do we just hold this scholarship for 2021 or is there someone else we might be possibly pursuing for 2020?

I do think we will get one of the three. However, I do have what I hope is a hypothetical question.

What happens if we would happen to lose out on all three? Do we just hold this scholarship for 2021 or is there someone else we might be possibly pursuing for 2020?

Maybe use it for a 1 year grad transfer and then save it for 2021. I don’t know of anyone else in 2020 other than these 3 and 2021 looks loaded. I am sure there might be a surprise. Other coaches leaving could impact things in the Spring like when Boudreaux came over here when Mack left X. Self and KU might be reprimanded (not likely by NCAA due to $).

Reactions: dumpsterFyre

We could go 0-3......not worried one bit. With CMP landing CE after striking out on others, and with the 2 stud guards we already have, Purdue is good with any if these guys....or none of them.

Anyone hear how his visit went? Also, didn't Kalkbrenner also visit this weekend?

Reactions: pboiler18
Well, Carlson verballed to Wisconsin today, so it appears we are down to Kalkbrenner or Dickinson as candidates for that 3rd spot in the 2020 class.

Well, Carlson verballed to Wisconsin today, so it appears we are down to Kalkbrenner or Dickinson as candidates for that 3rd spot in the 2020 class.
Hopefully Kansas didn’t screw things up with us and kalkbrenner because I have a feeling that we’re not getting Dickinson

Reactions: DAG10
Looks like he visited Creighton this past weekend.

This is why when looking at these sites that have predictions of prospects down to whatever school means nothing at all. 3 on the list look were he chose to go wasn’t even on his list or crystal ball was he leaning towards Wisconsin. These guys who with there crystal ball predictions are not in the houses of these recruits it’s just a guessing game. No difference than nba mock drafts 90% of the mock drafts sites just guess who might get drafted were and too what team yet none are in those executives offices or at those workouts when these guys are being interviewed or working out. I got confirmation that those mocks drafts means nothing very reliable source to. It’s unfortunate this kid chose another school bcuz Purdue iMO was a good fit but in recruiting u Miss a few sometimes that’s just how it goes.

Reactions: Schnelk and TX4GB
This is why when looking at these sites that have predictions of prospects down to whatever school means nothing at all. 3 on the list look were he chose to go wasn’t even on his list or crystal ball was he leaning towards Wisconsin. These guys who with there crystal ball predictions are not in the houses of these recruits it’s just a guessing game. No difference than nba mock drafts 90% of the mock drafts sites just guess who might get drafted were and too what team yet none are in those executives offices or at those workouts when these guys are being interviewed or working out. I got confirmation that those mocks drafts means nothing very reliable source to. It’s unfortunate this kid chose another school bcuz Purdue iMO was a good fit but in recruiting u Miss a few sometimes that’s just how it goes.
How is your boy's jump shot coming? He could be extra special this year with it. That added dimension could get him in the League. Looking forward to seeing him play!!

Reactions: pboiler18
I'm not sure how accurate crystal ball predictions are. one thing I will give them credit for. they are fairly accurate on the official visits.

I noticed Carlson visited both Purdue and UW in September. it looks like he made his decision after his visits. if a player doesn't visit or if he cancels his visit, my money says he's not going to commit either. and if a player cancels a visit or commits elsewhere it usually means he's talked to the coach.

the other thing I take from the national sites is if a coach continues to make offers, then a scholarship is available and he plans to use it. I have no idea who is Painter's first choice or what player wants to come to Purdue. But based on visits and offers, it sure looks like painter wants to add another big man. it may happen.

I'm not sure how accurate crystal ball predictions are. one thing I will give them credit for. they are fairly accurate on the official visits.

I noticed Carlson visited both Purdue and UW in September. it looks like he made his decision after his visits. if a player doesn't visit or if he cancels his visit, my money says he's not going to commit either. and if a player cancels a visit or commits elsewhere it usually means he's talked to the coach.

the other thing I take from the national sites is if a coach continues to make offers, then a scholarship is available and he plans to use it. I have no idea who is Painter's first choice or what player wants to come to Purdue. But based on visits and offers, it sure looks like painter wants to add another big man. it may happen.
Get Kalk and then Furst for 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: DAG10
How is your boy's jump shot coming? He could be extra special this year with it. That added dimension could get him in the League. Looking forward to seeing him play
October 19 gold and black game we all will find out

They way I see it is that many times the kids pick where they feel most comfortable and have chemistry with the coaching staff and other players. Sometimes you have it, and some times you dont. If a player has better chemistry with another team and staff they are better off there anyway.

If all of the major schools get put on probation and can't compete for the next few years, then sure, we can land him.

All of our focus should be on Kaufman and Furst (and it is).
If a player continues to show interest by keeping Purdue on his 'favorite' list, why surrender? Until he announces a new list of schools in contention, assume that you are still in the running. I don't care who else is on his list. You'll never win those battles if you surrender every time a blue blood shows up.

If a player continues to show interest by keeping Purdue on his 'favorite' list, why surrender? Until he announces a new list of schools in contention, assume that you are still in the running. I don't care who else is on his list. You'll never win those battles if you surrender every time a blue blood shows up.

It's fine to continue to talking to him and visiting him. Furst and Kaufman should be the priorities, however. We stand a way better chance with those two. Painter knows what he's doing, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT