ADVERTISEMENT

Kalkbrenner

With Holmgren and Furst available in 2021, I think Dickinson, a traditional big, would be the best complement to either of those pickups.

Boomer Esiason played here? ;)
With Holmgren and Furst available in 2021, I think Dickinson, a traditional big, would be the best complement to either of those pickups.

Kalkbrenner is more of a 5 Haarms type. Good to have a shot blocker to protect the rim with our defensive intensity out front. Holmgren/Furst would shift to forward which is what they want I believe.

Last edited:
2021 Kaufman is visiting this weekend isn’t he? What are our chances with him?

Landing Kaufman early would be a good thing as I feel his recruiting is going to blow up like Ivey’s. He is a big that can shoot very well. I could see a lot of interest from Purdue.

I know Purdue will be hard after Furst as well. First to offer him and have Ivey recruiting him hard. Landing Furst and Kaufman would be a heck of a haul adding to what Purdue already has. If you offered that to me today, I would take it and say thank you. Painter can win with those types of players. Especially if they stick around for a few years and get seasoned.

If they took a third in that class, my guess is that it would be a guard. Not sure if it would be a big multi-positional type guard, PG, or one that can shoot (or all three in one if I am not being too picky).

Purdue has momentum and it is continuing to build off it. Landing a class loaded with top instate/national talent would be fantastic. Would love to see Purdue be the team to beat with all Indiana recruits. Getting players like Ivey, IT, Newman, and Gillis and keeping them in state has been extremely refreshing.

Landing Kaufman early would be a good thing as I feel his recruiting is going to blow up like Ivey’s. He is a big that can shoot very well. I could see a lot of interest from Purdue.

I know Purdue will be hard after Furst as well. First to offer him and have Ivey recruiting him hard. Landing Furst and Kaufman would be a heck of a haul adding to what Purdue already has. If you offered that to me today, I would take it and say thank you. Painter can win with those types of players. Especially if they stick around for a few years and get seasoned.

If they took a third in that class, my guess is that it would be a guard. Not sure if it would be a big multi-positional type guard, PG, or one that can shoot (or all three in one if I am not being too picky).

Purdue has momentum and it is continuing to build off it. Landing a class loaded with top instate/national talent would be fantastic. Would love to see Purdue be the team to beat with all Indiana recruits. Getting players like Ivey, IT, Newman, and Gillis and keeping them in state has been extremely refreshing.
It will be great for Kaufman to be around the 2019 and 2020 class guys this weekend to see who he would be playing with.

It would also be great to get someone that is in UL and IU’s backyards.

Reactions: TX4GB
Yet another CB for Kalkbrenner to Purdue...3 in 2 days!!!! This time...it is Chris Fisher Recruiting Insider for Cats Pause who sees images of Kalkbrenner in Black and Gold in his crystal ball. 9/6/19 @1128am

Let's go get Kaufman too while the iron is hot...Special Ks (Kalkbrenner and Kaufman).

How many schollies in 2021 are available?

Yet another CB for Kalkbrenner to Purdue...3 in 2 days!!!! This time...it is Chris Fisher Recruiting Insider for Cats Pause who sees images of Kalkbrenner in Black and Gold in his crystal ball. 9/6/19 @1128am

Let's go get Kaufman too while the iron is hot...Special Ks (Kalkbrenner and Kaufman).

How many schollies in 2021 are available?

Currently 2 - Haarms and Eastern are the only two juniors. If nobody leaves the program (transfers, profesional ball, etc.), then that's what we will have. If a couple players declare for the draft, I think we as fans would be okay with that as it would likely mean we had a very successful year! However, if everyone is back for the 2020-2021 season, LOOK OUT!

Reactions: TX4GB

Painter wants an elite shooter in every class so I’d guess the last would be a SG/SF

Landing Furst and Kaufman would be a heck of a haul adding to what Purdue already has. If you offered that to me today, I would take it and say thank you. Painter can win with those types of players. Especially if they stick around for a few years and get seasoned.

If they took a third in that class, my guess is that it would be a guard. Not sure if it would be a big multi-positional type guard, PG, or one that can shoot (or all three in one if I am not being too

I don’t think Purdue would take 2 PFs in a two man class would they?

Holmgren is all world, so I’m not holding my breath on him.

I haven’t heard anything about Christie lately either...

I honestly feel we can land anyone. We are starting to become a spot light for players. CMP has become so good at making players better along with winning. We will most likely have 3 top 100 for 2020. I think it will even get better for 2021.

Painter wants an elite shooter in every class so I’d guess the last would be a SG/SF

Kaufman is the elite shooter.

6’8 athletic shooter. Could play the 3. His game is very different than Furst. Would absolutely take both in a heartbeat.

Trinity's Ryan Kalkbrenner is setting the recruiting world on fire ...https://www.youtube.com › watch

Nice touch from outside w/good foot movement! After watching the highlights of both Dickinson and Kalkbrenner...Kalkbrenner appears to have quicker foot speed and greater range on his shot. I like Kalkbrenner's potential...he will grow into his body and you cannot teach that 7'6" inch wingspan .
not that he appears to be quicker, but is much quicker...much more versatile. Pair him with Holmgren and nobody beats them. they can go out on the court and inside..open it up for drivers and drive the ball themselves..and apparently can hit a jumper. I'll be very happy if Kalbrenner says Purdue...and probably die with a smile if it is followed up with Holmgren

Do we not still have that other scholarship for 2020 we have not used which could be saved and used for the 2021 class ?

not that he appears to be quicker, but is much quicker...much more versatile. Pair him with Holmgren and nobody beats them. they can go out on the court and inside..open it up for drivers and drive the ball themselves..and apparently can hit a jumper. I'll be very happy if Kalbrenner says Purdue...and probably die with a smile if it is followed up with Holmgren
I would not complain with any combination of the big kids we have in the recruiting mix but I too like the style of play Kal brings. Paired with Holmgren the next year might be the best 4 / 5 combination ever at Purdue. The length, athleticism and skills of each, especially Holmgren, are freakish. Holmgren is a two guard trapped in 7’ body. Must be tough be him.:)

tumblr_ov9gm5RQPk1rld6c8o2_r2_540.gif

Not until we win a Natty with those two!

I trust that recruits are more aware of the make-up of the teams recruiting them than 247 is. Someone pointed out a few months ago that 247 is claiming that Purdue already has 5 centers on the team. It's still there.

https://247sports.com/recruitment/ryan-kalkbrenner-128882/recruitinterests/

They are still counting Haas and Swanigan.

Also shows Haarms as a sophomore still.

Glad to not see a Kalkbrenner decision after Stanford and KU visited with him. Hopefully Painter can use the in-home visit to tie up any potential loose ends or unanswered questions from this past weekend's official visit and close the deal!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT