ADVERTISEMENT

How can anyone defend what Drew Brees said?

Anyone can claim anything they want in their lawsuit. How do we know they weren't fired for being bad at their job? I'm sure there also lawsuits pending by white, straight, Christian, conservative males who will claim they were fired because of their political views.
But, I doubt in any of these cases, they'll be able to prove they were fired just for being gay. It's very likely performance related.
It appears that included in the litigation of the two gay cases were/are whether their sexual orientations were the reasons for termination. However, had you read the linked article you would have seen, in the trans case "... the company’s owner, Thomas Rost, fired Stephens. Rost acknowledged firing Stephens 'because he was no longer going to represent himself as a man. He wanted to dress as a woman.'”

Last edited:
Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Anyone can claim anything they want in their lawsuit. How do we know they weren't fired for being bad at their job? I'm sure there also lawsuits pending by white, straight, Christian, conservative males who will claim they were fired because of their political views.
But, I doubt in any of these cases, they'll be able to prove they were fired just for being gay. It's very likely performance related.
Given the nature of your past posts that I have read I would conclude that you are a "law and order," "believe in the American way," "love America" type of person, which I am not at all trying to demean.
However, what I find utterly intriguing is that someone with such beliefs appears unwilling facially to accept the American judicial system's ability to factually determine the basis for a firing during litigation. It would seem that such a person should and would be accepting of the findings and verdicts in litigation. If one refuses to accept the facts as determined and defined in a fully litigated case, how can he/she be a true believer of "the American way?"

People like you are exactly why there are anti-discrimination laws out there. I don’t need to or even want to expound further on this because it clearly goes in one ear, twirls around that empty chasm where your brain should be, and floats right on out the other.

Just go on enjoying your straight white male privilege and pretend everyone else enjoys the same treatment you get.

Clearly you're triggered that it doesn't matter to me whether you're gay, straight, black, white, tall, short, thin, fat., etc, etc. You're not getting any special treatment from me, not matter how loud you scream that you're oppressed and deserve special treatment.
Not to go all MLK on you, but I'll judge you on the content of your character.
I'm not debating that they're aren't people who don't like gays. Just like there are people who don't like Jews. Just like there are people who don't like conservatives.

It appears that included in the litigation of the two gay cases were/are whether their sexual orientations were the reasons for termination. However, had you read the linked article you would have seen, in the trans case "... the company’s owner, Thomas Rost, fired Stephens. Rost acknowledged firing Stephens 'because he was no longer going to represent himself as a man. He wanted to dress as a woman.'”

Serious question here: Can a private company, similar to a private club, make employment decisions differently than a public company? I'm assuming government contracts and the such have some impact on that. But, just like Augusta National didn't allow female members until recently, is it the same in employment situations for a private company?

Given the nature of your past posts that I have read I would conclude that you are a "law and order," "believe in the American way," "love America" type of person, which I am not at all trying to demean.
However, what I find utterly intriguing is that someone with such beliefs appears unwilling facially to accept the American judicial system's ability to factually determine the basis for a firing during litigation. It would seem that such a person should and would be accepting of the findings and verdicts in litigation. If one refuses to accept the facts as determined and defined in a fully litigated case, how can he/she be a true believer of "the American way?"

As I said, anyone can bring a lawsuit for anything. In my line of work, it's not uncommon when an employee is terminated that there's the threat of a lawsuit based on any number of factors.
If someone brings a wrongful termination lawsuit, I agree, let the courts decide and if the defendant is found guilty, then let justice prevail.
But cherry picking a few examples does not support your point.

Reactions: mediaexpert
Follow Brees on social media and you'll see he'll promote/advertise anything for the right price. Regardless of his actual views, him or his team should research the companies behind what he is promoting if he doesn't want to get backlash after the fact.

Serious question here: Can a private company, similar to a private club, make employment decisions differently than a public company? I'm assuming government contracts and the such have some impact on that. But, just like Augusta National didn't allow female members until recently, is it the same in employment situations for a private company?
I really don't know. It's not my area of practice and I refer them out.
The area of law is actually quite specialized and subject to many federal and state rules and standards which seem to be somewhat subject to flux due to repeated statutory changes and court rulings.

As I said, anyone can bring a lawsuit for anything. In my line of work, it's not uncommon when an employee is terminated that there's the threat of a lawsuit based on any number of factors.
If someone brings a wrongful termination lawsuit, I agree, let the courts decide and if the defendant is found guilty, then let justice prevail.
But cherry picking a few examples does not support your point.
Perhaps I misinterpreted your position. I took it from your posts that you simply were asserting that firings for sexual preferences simply didn't happen. My single sourced post was in reply to that understood/misunderstood position, which I believe it clearly refutes.

I really don't know. It's not my area of practice and I refer them out.
The area of law is actually quite specialized and subject to many federal and state rules and standards which seem to be somewhat subject to flux due to repeated statutory changes and court rulings.

See...once in a while I have a good question :)

Reactions: 70boiler
Perhaps I misinterpreted your position. I took it from your posts that you simply were asserting that firings for sexual preferences simply didn't happen. My single sourced post was in reply to that understood/misunderstood position, which I believe it clearly refutes.

No, I'm sure they do happen. But I'm sure it also happens for other reasons in addition to sexual preference. But SP happens to be a wedge issue and an easy target. I think they'd be very hard to prove if that in fact is the charge.
It reminds me of the scene in the new "21 Jump Street" when Channing Tatum punches the gay black kid in the school parking lot.....well, you just have to watch it to understand the reference.

Reactions: 70boiler

I did read it but it also referred to religion so I thought it might be a “freedom of religion” defense. Maybe trying to extend cake baking decision ??

Well, there is a NY Times examintion of what was televised HERE.

I am so sorry I have been so busy that I did not get back to you sooner, but you just reinforced my point. I SAW PEOPLE ON ROOFTOPS CHEERING. Too many people today believe the media is gospel. Just because the media does not show the footage or the media falsely explains what I saw. This does not change the image in my mind. I saw what I saw.

BTW, I just found this: A retired police captain, Peter Gallagher, said he cleared a rooftop celebration of 20 to 30 people at 6 Tonnele Ave., a four-story apartment building with an unobstructed view of Lower Manhattan, in the hours after the second tower fell. If the media wanted to be objective, they could have reported this. My question to you - why didn't they? What don't they report both sides of the story? The media wants to tell THEIR story.

The media is owned by large corporations that want open borders and are fine with Chine stealing US IP, as long as they open their market to us. President Trump is curtailing this graft and the media is NOT happy with him and thus they are not objective.

I did read it but it also referred to religion so I thought it might be a “freedom of religion” defense. Maybe trying to extend cake baking decision ??
"See if it sticks" defense series I assume.
When I did some civil litigation I well remember filing/receiving pleadings along the lines of saying "Defendant denies performing the actions alleged; that if he performed one or more of said actions he denies that he was in any way negligent; that if he performed any of said alleged acts and if he was negligent in so doing, denies that said actions proximately caused said incident and/or the injuries alleged; and further Defendant asserts that Plaintiff was contributorily negligent and was the proximate cause of the incident and injuries alleged."

Toddbrewster. Your post is very interesting as it does not jibe with reports from my friends who live in the West Village of Manhattan. Both of them were at work in different parts of Manhattan when the planes hit the towers. They both reported total chaos with lost power so no subway service, traffic lights, TV, radio, etc . People were panicked because they did not know what was happening and feared for their lives. They had no way of knowing who was attacking the city or if they were being bombed or what. I could go on but I am sure you get the picture. For people to be “partying” on rooftops just does not make sense.

Toddbrewer: according to snopes, these rumors about Muslims cheering and celebrating 9/11 have been debunked and are not true. I know what Omar said and I am dismayed and disgusted, so I am not broadly defending Muslims.

Yes, my aunt worked in the building next door to the Towers. After the first attack, they were told to leave and go home. When outside, the 2nd plane hit and she had to get into a phone booth with other people. When she got out, many people walked to the water and there NYC had the largest water evacuation ever (it outdid Dunkirk). She lived on the Island, so she walked uptown towards the 59th Street Bridge. She was covered with chalky dust and got very thirsty and reluctantly went into a deli to get a soda. Prices aren't marked, so she expected to be gouged, but the manager saw her look and waved her through. I tear up every time I tell that story, which is often.

Most NY'ers don't see color except for green, but this is what makes America great. One of Trump's best line is to put America first and that should be our unifying call. I think it is sickening how in the past 50 years, we have to label everyone, so not to discriminate. What this does is give everyone the mentality that this person is nasty to me because they are this way and I am that. People are nasty, because that is accepted as normal. We all need to love one another and respect each other and let's start by family, friends and expand to city, state and country. I played many sports in my time and when on crutches, strangers open doors and even help me carry my brief cases and this is care I get from people the same and different from me. And believe me, I look much different from everybody - lol. However, what about the guy next to me that looks healthy, but has heart problems. Why are you not helping him? And more importantly why aren't I?

Toddbrewer: my friends reported so many kind acts and I know I experience kindness and generosity in my own relationships and interactions so I totally agree with you. Today at the supermarket almost every person had their own bags and on my way out of the store I witnessed a person who seemed poor returning her bags to the container for recycling. It made me want to weep. In the meantime the rich who are already obscenely rich (a billion? Not enough for these monsters like the Sacklers) are destroying all kinds of things for more money and power. Americans in general, are decent people but our government has somehow gone astray. I am not using straws, carrying my own bags, recycling, etc while my government has deregulated 46 regulations on clean water, etc. Decent Americans who work hard for their families and our country are suffering. Disheartening. Sorry for the rant but I am a big environmentalist and it is difficult to remain sane

I am so sorry I have been so busy that I did not get back to you sooner, but you just reinforced my point. I SAW PEOPLE ON ROOFTOPS CHEERING. Too many people today believe the media is gospel. Just because the media does not show the footage or the media falsely explains what I saw. This does not change the image in my mind. I saw what I saw.

BTW, I just found this: A retired police captain, Peter Gallagher, said he cleared a rooftop celebration of 20 to 30 people at 6 Tonnele Ave., a four-story apartment building with an unobstructed view of Lower Manhattan, in the hours after the second tower fell. If the media wanted to be objective, they could have reported this. My question to you - why didn't they? What don't they report both sides of the story? The media wants to tell THEIR story.

The media is owned by large corporations that want open borders and are fine with Chine stealing US IP, as long as they open their market to us. President Trump is curtailing this graft and the media is NOT happy with him and thus they are not objective.
1) Believe BethBf when she tells you that cheering Islamic sympathizers on NY rooftops remain unverified and unconfirmed EIGHTEEN years after 9/11. Don't care to imagine what "cheering" people may have been actually cheering ABOUT at that time. Peter Gallagher, the NYPD captain , INTERVIEWED the 20-30 people he claims were cheering ?? Exactly.
2) Your 3rd paragraph returns this forum to the cockamamie accusations about the media that regularly appear.
3) A sentence that begins, "President Trump is curtailing this graft...." immediately puts it into the potential Looney Tunes category.......

1) Believe BethBf when she tells you that cheering Islamic sympathizers on NY rooftops remain unverified and unconfirmed EIGHTEEN years after 9/11. Don't care to imagine what "cheering" people may have been actually cheering ABOUT at that time. Peter Gallagher, the NYPD captain , INTERVIEWED the 20-30 people he claims were cheering ?? Exactly.
2) Your 3rd paragraph returns this forum to the cockamamie accusations about the media that regularly appear.
3) A sentence that begins, "President Trump is curtailing this graft...." immediately puts it into the potential Looney Tunes category.......

I have explained this 3 times that I saw it. You and Beth and the other liberal idiot on FB are about the most closed minded people I have ever read. I saw it, BUT Snopes said it isn't true, but the NY Times said Gallaher did not interview the people. What the heck of you talking about??? Think about it - I SAW IT!!!

You want to debate your asinine claims that the economy was better under Obama, please rant away. But I saw this and no matter what you say I saw it - has this sunk in yet?

I have explained this 3 times that I saw it. You and Beth and the other liberal idiot on FB are about the most closed minded people I have ever read. I saw it, BUT Snopes said it isn't true, but the NY Times said Gallaher did not interview the people. What the heck of you talking about??? Think about it - I SAW IT!!!

You want to debate your asinine claims that the economy was better under Obama, please rant away. But I saw this and no matter what you say I saw it - has this sunk in yet?
YOU SAW WHAT, fool ???
You said that you "saw people on the rooftop cheering " ??
EXACTLY WHO WERE THESE PEOPLE AND EXACTLY WHAT WERE THEY CHEERING ABOUT ????

DID YOU GET OVER TO THIS ROOFTOP TO PERSONALLY VIDEOTAPE AND INTERVIEW THESE PEOPLE ??

THEN WHAT, MAY WE ASK, CAN WE ALL DEFINITIVELY CONCLUDE FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE ???!!!

Snopes/NYT/Obama/economy....
poor tb...he's a little befuddled.

YOU SAW WHAT, fool ???
You said that you "saw people on the rooftop cheering " ??
EXACTLY WHO WERE THESE PEOPLE AND EXACTLY WHAT WERE THEY CHEERING ABOUT ????

DID YOU GET OVER TO THIS ROOFTOP TO PERSONALLY VIDEOTAPE AND INTERVIEW THESE PEOPLE ??

THEN WHAT, MAY WE ASK, CAN WE ALL DEFINITIVELY CONCLUDE FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE ???!!!

Snopes/NYT/Obama/economy....
poor tb...he's a little befuddled.

Isn’t it interesting and fascinating that on the General Discussion board of goldandblack, we have someone who saw folks cheering from rooftops on 9/11 while being in NYC? What are the odds that Donald Trump would find this board? Amazing!!

GO OFF, Todd. I mean just lay it all out there. But give me a second to refresh my popcorn and get into my comfy chair. This level of crazy needs my undivided attention.

ToddBrewster. Sorry I didn’t understand that you were in NYC when the planes struck the towers. Was your experience similar to my friends’?They live on Perry Street in the West Village but work in mid town. Where were you?

Purduefan1. I think Trump claimed that the cheering Muslims were in New Jersey. This board is extremely meaningful and important to the running of this country so I am fairly sure that the WH monitors closely. Maybe not quite as closely as Painter and his staff monitor the basketball forum (my favorite) but still. Just sayin

Purduefan1. I think Trump claimed that the cheering Muslims were in New Jersey. This board is extremely meaningful and important to the running of this country so I am fairly sure that the WH monitors closely. Maybe not quite as closely as Painter and his staff monitor the basketball forum (my favorite) but still. Just sayin

My bad. Trump covered NJ and Todd here covered midtown Manhattan during the chaos. At a minimum I need to at least keep the crazies in their proper locations. Lol

I would be interested in a more detailed description of what you saw. Could you be more specific. Time, place, description of the people. I'm interested.

I was working from home. I tuned in to see the 2nd plane flying and then hitting the 2nd tower and at first I was confused wondering if this was a replay. While watching the footage over the next few hours, the camera cut away to show Middle Eastern Men in Middle Eastern wardrobe standing on a rooftop watching an event on the horizon. They were all watching solemnly. When they saw the cameramen, they started cheering. Some pumped their arms and others were clapping. The men were all squeezed together on the rooftop. . I had to leave the room and I couldn't watch any more. The picture is as clear as if I saw it yesterday.

I didn't count them, but I doubt there were thousands. However, they may have shown others or they may have repeated the tape, so the President thought there were more and he could be right. When the President described it, he was 100% right exactly how I remembered it with the exception being that I doubt there were not thousands on that specific roof.

My point is I sell to small businesses. A few years ago, small business had no money for marketing and many tried to do it themselves. When I went to sympathize with them, some (and I presume Democrats) would say what the media said, but the economy is doing much better now. I would be shocked, because they believe the media and not what they can actually see with their own eyes.

I am flabbergasted that college graduates don't believe someone who saw something with his own eyes or worst things they have seen with their own eyes and would rather believe what the media tells them. Growing up I never could process how the Germans could live near the Concentration Camps and not realize what was going on. Propaganda is a huge influence. I know understand lemmings.

I would be interested in a more detailed description of what you saw. Could you be more specific. Time, place, description of the people. I'm interested.

I was working from home. I tuned in to see the 2nd plane flying and then hitting the 2nd tower and at first I was confused wondering if this was a replay. While watching the footage over the next few hours, the camera cut away to show Middle Eastern Men in Middle Eastern wardrobe standing on a rooftop watching an event on the horizon. They were all watching solemnly. When they saw the cameramen, they started cheering. Some pumped their arms and others were clapping. The men were all squeezed together on the rooftop. . I had to leave the room and I couldn't watch any more. The picture is as clear as if I saw it yesterday.

I didn't count them, but I doubt there were thousands. However, they may have shown others or they may have repeated the tape, so the President thought there were more and he could be right. When the President described it, he was 100% right exactly how I remembered it with the exception being that I doubt there were not thousands on that specific roof.

My point is I sell to small businesses. A few years ago, small business had no money for marketing and many tried to do it themselves. When I went to sympathize with them, some (and I presume Democrats) would say what the media said, but the economy is doing much better now. I would be shocked, because they believe the media and not what they can actually see with their own eyes.

I am flabbergasted that college graduates don't believe someone who saw something with his own eyes or worst things they have seen with their own eyes and would rather believe what the media tells them. Growing up I never could process how the Germans could live near the Concentration Camps and not realize what was going on. Propaganda is a huge influence. I know understand lemmings.

You should probably stop sniffing glue, Todd. Mercy.

Hold it !!
Hold it RIGHT THERE !!!!!

YOU DIDN'T PERSONALLY WITNESS AN ACTUAL NYC AREA MUSLIM 9/11 CELEBRATION ?????!!!!!
YOUR RECOLLECTION OF WHAT YOU "ACTUALLY SAW" WAS A TRANSMISSION OF THE GAZA STRIP CELEBRATION THAT ALL AMERICANS EVENTUALLY SAW ON TV ????!!!!

Thanks, then, for stringing all of us along with your tale of a "personally witnessed" celebration. Personally saw a TELEVISION replay of Middle East footage.

Nice one.

1) So, BJS, if you're advised by medical professionals to undergo castration due to Stage 4 testicular cancer, your answer is " No, I don't want to be a "trans" ???
2) Do you know what percentage of MTF (male-to-female) transgender people go through the long process of hormonal therapies, lasting years, who DON'T have any surgical (castration) procedure ?? As soon as you do, come back to this board and maybe keep from making a bigger fool of yourself than you already have.
3) Castrated bulls. Brilliant augmentation note for a LGTBQ conversation. No connection.
4) A MTF transitional person is a Trans woman. Period,

So I will ask how may men who have castrations for medical reasons wear dresses, hi heals and make-up. Come on DD your smarter than that.
Apples and Oranges my little snowflake.

Last edited:
Let's review.

I saw footage of Muslims cheering during 911.. Democrat - you saw it on TV, it can't be true, because you did not see it live. And the networks have no footage.

New York Times - witnesses said that they heard that it was true. Democrats - we need to impeach Kavanaugh, because this is indisputable evidence. Besides, the FBI did a rush job.

I say the media publishes their agenda. They publish propaganda, because they want open borders and the ability to market China. Democrat - You are looney tunes, the NY Times is the standard of professional journalism.

LOL!

So these "Middle Eastern Men in Middle Eastern wardrobe" just happened to be being filmed at that moment, were watch solemnly until they saw the camera and they, along with you, knew at that point who was flying the plane and their motives? Knew enough, in real time, that they cheered and you left the room. Is that what you're saying?

Let's review.

I saw footage of Muslims cheering during 911.. Democrat - you saw it on TV, it can't be true, because you did not see it live. And the networks have no footage.

New York Times - witnesses said that they heard that it was true. Democrats - we need to impeach Kavanaugh, because this is indisputable evidence. Besides, the FBI did a rush job.

I say the media publishes their agenda. They publish propaganda, because they want open borders and the ability to market China. Democrat - You are looney tunes, the NY Times is the standard of professional journalism.

LOL!
Let's review further. There is a single report of televised "celebratory" activity which was of a small group of Palestinians in Palestine celebrating. Despite searches by numerous fact finding outlets that seems to be the sole occurence of such activity that was actually televised. You saw a televised "celebratory" group.
Draw your own conclusion...

Let's review.

LOL!
I would also suggest that you educate yourself on the reliability of eyewitness recollections. A good starting point might be this abstract and report.

Last edited:
I would also suggest that you educate yourself on the reliability of eyewitness recollections. A good starting point might be this abstract and report.

Finally a good reply. I am very familiar with this and I actually agree with it. There are many times when an eyewitness makes a mistake due to different factors. A big difference her is that my recollection mirrors the President except on 2 accounts. I watched middle eastern men on a rooftop looking off into the distance and cheering. The picture is etched in my mind. Our basic recollection is the same.

Another good point that another poster brought up inadvertently is that this was probably filmed on VHS and that is probably why the footage wasn't saved. However, it was clear enough to see at the time exactly what was going on.

Nevertheless, this discussion has proven why we should not trust the media. I am glad no one tried to defend the NY Times, because what they did is inexcusable and I think voters are seeing they along with other liberal or corrupt journalists have been doing this for 4 years.

The funny part was I was all in for Obama in 2008. I really had high expectations for him. He was everything I wanted in a President. He wanted to give everyone in America a participation trophy. We wound up making excuses for everyone for their failure and he and McConnell completely divided the country.

So I will ask how may men who have castrations for medical reasons wear dresses, hi heals and make-up. Come on DD your smarter than that.
Apples and Oranges my little snowflake.
Could ANYBODY be more completely ignorant on this subject than you ?
1) LESS THAN 0.1% of trans women in the US and the United Kingdom have genital surgery to remove organs.
2) Not my fault that you're too f'g lazy to spent 90 seconds googling a site that would help with your cluelessness
3) Trans women with female attire, makeup, and hair are highly likely to have undergone a lengthy period of hormonal and other drug therapies that substantially alter their physical appearance.
( PS: 6-4;230 . not real snowflakish)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT