ADVERTISEMENT

Does the Coronavirus concern you?

Slowly Bob....President Trump said because fewer people are traveling, they are shopping in the U.S. and staying at American hotels.

Which means Bob....it's good for American businesses that more shopping is done at home, that vacations are taken here. Simple...Econ 101.
You've got to be f'g kidding......again....for maybe the 500th time....
TRAVELERS stay at hotels/motels : US vacationers, US business travelers, international travelers....
If the coronavirus is HERE in the US......domestic vacationers will be more likely to stay at home.
If it's here in the US, business travel will be cut back. If it's here in the US, guess what happens to foreign trips to Disney World ?? And every other tourist destination.
Unbelievable.
Shopping ? Give yourself another chance to think...and avoid Dumbassville……...

9pFPIRlz_400x400.jpg

Charleston isn't NY, LA or Miami. Sure, it's a popular place to visit but not in Feb/March. There's not a great deal of international visitors coming here other than maybe a few visiting Boeing, Volvo, BMW, Cummins or the ports authority. Charleston isn't even much of a spring break destination in March.
I wouldn't get yourself overly concerned with any impact on Charleston.
https://www.postandcourier.com/heal...cle_bddfe4ae-5fd3-11ea-9ce4-5f495366cee6.html

Let's be realistic here. There would be no reason for him to bar someone from his restaurant based upon the clothes that they are wearing.

It would be the height of hypocrisy to deny service based upon one's affiliation with the Kenan Advantage Group.
https://www.thekag.com/

:)

That was funny, but on a serious note, I wouldn't wear my Trump gear to a restaurant. You might have a lefty server who decides to add a little something extra to the daily special.
But, definitely wear it in the airport, shopping, etc.

Key word is active. ACTIVE. There are no u’s in active. Must have confused you. Over 60,000 people have recovered.

Try clicking the link, look at the data.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Getting the CV is not a death sentence. It's similar to the flu in that if you're elderly, an infant, have comorbidities or a compromised immune system, it's not the best thing for you. But, the overwhelmingly vast majority of people will recover, just like in cases of the flu.
People need to stop freaking the f$%k out.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Getting the CV is not a death sentence. It's similar to the flu in that if you're elderly, an infant, have comorbidities or a compromised immune system, it's not the best thing for you. But, the overwhelmingly vast majority of people will recover, just like in cases of the flu.
One thing I did hear on the news is that CV hasn't killed anyone under 15. Don't know if this is true but seniors are at the highest risks. Attached is a quick comparison of recent outbreaks.
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-compared-to-sars-swine-flu-mers-zika-2020-3

You can blame the president for the freak out. But of course the buck never stops with your supreme leader. As of yesterday he was bragging about a 4 percent death rate in America. Unfortunately this administration dropped the ball on getting the tests out there.

Reactions: Mr_Scott
You can blame the president for the freak out. But of course the buck never stops with your supreme leader. As of yesterday he was bragging about a 4 percent death rate in America. Unfortunately this administration dropped the ball on getting the tests out there.

Go away.

Less than 48,000 active cases worldwide.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

This is a really good dashboard on the statistics. Not surprising that most of the recoveries and sicknesses are in China. Europe looks to be still accelerating. Still seems there is a lot of underreporting (10 in Russia?), but that bodes well for the overall death rate. South Korea has been the most active in testing their population and the death rate is much lower than other parts of the world.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Reactions: Monkey Pox
This is a really good dashboard on the statistics. Not surprising that most of the recoveries and sicknesses are in China. Europe looks to be still accelerating. Still seems there is a lot of underreporting (10 in Russia?), but that bodes well for the overall death rate. South Korea has been the most active in testing their population and the death rate is much lower than other parts of the world.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

That’s why fumbling on the initial testing in the USA was such a massive error this administration made. As of yesterday trump was still tweeting USA figures that show a bloated 4 percent death rate here. So much for calming fears.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/06/coronavirus-testing-failure-123166

I've dealt with a lot of ignorant people in my life.
I've dealt with a lot of stupid people in my life.
I've dealt with a lot of folks who can't tell the difference in a Maytag washer and their own ass.

Congrats....you're the only one that qualifies to be at the top of all 3. Shouldn't you be on your IU site singing the praises of Lil' Arch?

I've dealt with a lot of folks who can't tell the difference in a Maytag washer and their own ass.

Congrats....you're the only one that qualifies to be at the top of all 3. Shouldn't you be on your IU site singing the praises of Lil' Arch?
Tell me more about how the presidents get drug tested.

Reactions: Mr_Scott and PUBV

Re: All the people you've " dealt with" ??
Whatever they had......it must have been contagious.....

You avoid large event or accept cancellations in order to slow down the rate of spread. There is a report from N. Italy regarding the health care system becoming overwhelmed - slowing down the rate of spread can help prevent the same thing happening here.

If you're young & relatively healthy, it looks like you don't have much to personally worry about, but the precautions are for those who do.
For all the media bashing, I do think the awareness it is generating will help containment. But as with everything today, it’s all political, trump can wear a campaign hat to the cdc but question his actions and it’s now politicizing it.
Sadly, this is probably just a warm up for a true pandemic, and we are scoring very low.

For all the media bashing, I do think the awareness it is generating will help containment. But as with everything today, it’s all political, trump can wear a campaign hat to the cdc but question his actions and it’s now politicizing it.
Sadly, this is probably just a warm up for a true pandemic, and we are scoring very low.

Wow...you seem really nervous about this.
Are you elderly?
Do you have a compromised immune system?
Do you have underlying medical issues?

If none of those apply, you're really getting yourself worked up for no reason.

Wow...you seem really nervous about this.
Are you elderly?
Do you have a compromised immune system?
Do you have underlying medical issues?

If none of those apply, you're really getting yourself worked up for no reason.
Ah yes, the defining core value of a conservative. If it isn’t happening to you personally, then it really doesn’t matter.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the defining core value of a conservative. It it isn’t happening to you personally, then it really doesn’t matter.

Go ahead and freak out. Run outside like your hair's on fire, get to Costco, buy all the hand sanitizer, toilet paper and Kleenex you can get your hands on.
The sky is falling!!

Go ahead and freak out. Run outside like your hair's on fire, get to Costco, buy all the hand sanitizer, toilet paper and Kleenex you can get your hands on.
The sky is falling!!
we just want the public to be tested. Unfortunately this administration dropped the ball. Pretty simple. I do worried about 94 year old WW2 veteran grandpa who is in a home.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT