ADVERTISEMENT

Does the Coronavirus concern you?

Haha. Wow, you really are an expert on Charleston.

Do you disagree with me? Go downtown on any given weekend and it's highly unlikely you hear anything but English being spoken. It's not a large international travel destination. And the chances of anything happening in Mt. P are even slimmer.

Last edited:
Do you disagree with me? Got downtown on any given weekend and it's highly unlikely you hear anything but English being spoken. It's not a large international travel destination. And the chances of anything happening in Mt. P are even slimmer.
Years ago I would agree but with more and more people traveling internationally for business and pleasure, all it takes is for one to come back as a symptom free carrier to cause an outbreak. With that being said I don’t think this will kill a lot of people in the USA but people who have underlying health conditions need to be extra careful

Then you should think about them before you dismiss this virus out of hand.

Not dismissing it out of hand, I'm just not worried about it.
There's only 100 cases in the US (out of 335 million people) and 6 deaths (all by the way who were immunocomprimised, just like what happens with the flu).
But, since you're clearly very worried, he's the most recent data to talk you off the ledge:

There are now more than 100 confirmed cases in the U.S., with 18 of those in Washington state, which also has the first related deaths (six).

92,312 confirmed coronavirus cases worldwide, with more cases popping up outside China than inside.

—3,131 deaths have been linked to the virus. Deaths worldwide exceed those from SARS. And 48,190 individuals have recovered from COVID-19.
(Bonefish: It's not the death sentence it's been made out to be by the media. And don't say "well 3K out of 92k is over 3% mortality rate." Most of those patients who died were already suffering from another illness. CV was just the last straw for them. Just like getting the flu would have been.)

Cases of coronavirus in South Korea have skyrocketed to 5,186, where about 60% of the cases are somehow linked to members of a secret religious sect.

There's only 100 cases in the US (out of 335 million people) and 6 deaths (all by the way who were immunocomprimised, just like what happens with the flu).
But, since you're clearly very worried, he's the most recent data to talk you off the ledge:

There are now more than 100 confirmed cases in the U.S., with 18 of those in Washington state, which also has the first related deaths (six).

92,312 confirmed coronavirus cases worldwide, with more cases popping up outside China than inside.

—3,131 deaths have been linked to the virus. Deaths worldwide exceed those from SARS. And 48,190 individuals have recovered from COVID-19.
(Bonefish: It's not the death sentence it's been made out to be by the media. And don't say "well 3K out of 92k is over 3% mortality rate." Most of those patients who died were already suffering from another illness. CV was just the last straw for them. Just like getting the flu would have been.)

Cases of coronavirus in South Korea have skyrocketed to 5,186, where about 60% of the cases are somehow linked to members of a secret religious sect.

TIL that unwell people should not be counted in mortality numbers if it doesn't fit your agenda.

Reactions: indy35
TIL that unwell people should not be counted in mortality numbers if it doesn't fit your agenda.

Your body's immune system is pretty amazing. It's constantly being bombarded with germs, bacteria and viruses that it has to recognize and destroy before they do damage. Same thing with CV, same thing with flu.
Flu is highly contagious, but not everyone exposed gets infected. Just like CV, many more people will be exposed than infected and ultimately who die. But those who have bad immune systems will have more trouble fighting the virus.

Here's my deal....even if you're around someone infected, even if you touch them, not every one is going to get it. As someone posted, most who have or will, have an immune system that is weakened. It's contagious from a distance of 6 feet, but again, not all who are near it will get it.

Should we take it seriously? Sure. Should we continue to live our daily lives as we always have...sure. Should we run grocery stores out of stock...not unless there's one hell of a sale. It reminds me of when the weatherman says, "We have a huge winter storm"....and then announces 3" of snowfall is coming.
The coronavirus pandemic "reminds (you) of " a huge winter storm" that winds up being a 3" snow forecast by your local tv weatherman ??

It "reminds" some of us of people suffering & dying as a result of the virus.
It "reminds" some of us about the major effect that it will have on business, industry, and daily life
consequences.
It "reminds" Market investors of what can happen to investment wealth when threatened by a worldwide
health crisis...

It "reminds" this forum of what level of intellectual capacity you possess.

And there were 15 a week ago. And there will be no vaccine for a year.......regardless of the time frame your idiot president tries to sell you.

And I'm not "worried" about it either.........unless it appears in Indiana where my mother is in assisted living. That's my point........that it's about more than just you. There are actually Americans who worry about people other than themselves.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Do you disagree with me? Go downtown on any given weekend and it's highly unlikely you hear anything but English being spoken. It's not a large international travel destination. And the chances of anything happening in Mt. P are even slimmer.
Where did I say I'm concerned about my catching it? I get you have a point you want to make so that's all you hear. Now if there is an area that know carries a risk and don't need to be there, yeah there is a chance I might pass on going there.

So there is no international travel to and from Charleston? Better let British Airways know, it's about that time of year they start back up with direct flights between CHS and LHR a few times a week, let alone the cruise ships and cargo. And yes I have interacted with international travelers on the peninsula, Mt. P and Sullivan's many times, just off the top of my head, oh and that's right, a German couple at of all places Tanger outlet last year, so throw in North Chuck as well.

Last edited:
So which restaurant (s) do you own in Charleston if you do? There are some great ones.
Looking to open the 1st or 2nd quarter '21. I will be purchasing one of two properties late summer, possibly both. We were also approached this weekend about buying into an existing restaurant concept one of the owners of the group my wife works for is developing.

And there were 15 a week ago. And there will be no vaccine for a year.......regardless of the time frame your idiot president tries to sell you.

And I'm not "worried" about it either.........unless it appears in Indiana where my mother is in assisted living. That's my point........that it's about more than just you. There are actually Americans who worry about people other than themselves.

So, are you worried about your mother catching the flu?

I've got too many other things to worry about other than the CV.
A work promotion
My family
My investments
My trip to WL this weekend for the Rutgers game
Boys night out for my birthday in 3 weeks
Spring break with the family in Puerto Rico in early April.
So, like I said, I have a lot of other things to worry about.

Where did I say I'm concerned about my catching it? I get you have a point you want to make so that's all you hear. Now if there is an area that know carries a risk and don't need to be there, yeah there is a chance I might pass on going there.

So there is no international travel to and from Charleston? Better let British Airways know, it's about that time of year they start back up with direct flights between CHS and LHR a few times a week, let alone the cruise ships and cargo. And yes I have enacted with international travelers on the peninsula, Mt. P and Sullivan's many times, just off the top of my head, oh and that's right, a German couple at of all places Tanger outlet last year, so throw in North Chuck as well.

I didn't say "NO" internationals travel to CHS, but it's not like 50% of the people visiting CHS are foreigners, especially this time of year. It's probably more like 5%, if that.
Trust me, I'm much more worried about a bad flu outbreak at my daughters school than I am a couple of CV cases in CHS.

Looking to open the 1st or 2nd quarter '21. I will be purchasing one of two properties late summer, possibly both. We were also approached this weekend about buying into an existing restaurant concept one of the owners of the group my wife works for is developing.
Rusty Rudder property?

Rusty Rudder property?
No. Not certain what's going on up there though, the place always seemed busy, not that I'm up there that much, and north of 41 seems to be under served. My wife did toy with the idea of a restaurant up there before we heard it was closing and got involved with these other properties.

The coronavirus pandemic "reminds (you) of " a huge winter storm" that winds up being a 3" snow forecast by your local tv weatherman ??

It "reminds" some of us of people suffering & dying as a result of the virus.
It "reminds" some of us about the major effect that it will have on business, industry, and daily life
consequences.
It "reminds" Market investors of what can happen to investment wealth when threatened by a worldwide
health crisis...

It "reminds" this forum of what level of intellectual capacity you possess.
And it reminds me why you're such a liberal, Hillary loving, wish everything could be blamed on Trump procrastinator.

And it reminds me why you're such a liberal, Hillary loving, wish everything could be blamed on Trump procrastinator.
But see, fool, I'm NOT a liberal. Understand ? N...O....T.. a liberal. I'm the one who had to rescue the reputation of Richard Lugar, in one of our conversations - an all-time favorite of mine- because your sorry ass considers him a RINO.
I helped raise campaign money for former Congresswoman Susan Brooks, in her Indiana 5th District races. I've voted for innumerable GOP candidates...just no degenerate pieces of human garbage, like your boy.
Why don't you join the hard-core Trumpsters , and go spit on John McCain's grave, next chance you get ? Another RINO, according to the pussy-grabber. Another NON-hero.

Didn't particularly like Hillary C., as you suggest. In my view, no other choice in '16.
Love her ? Just another one of your goofy-ass delusions. Of which there are many.

But see, fool, I'm NOT a liberal. Understand ? N...O....T.. a liberal. I'm the one who had to rescue the reputation of Richard Lugar, in one of our conversations - an all-time favorite of mine- because your sorry ass considers him a RINO.
I helped raise campaign money for former Congresswoman Susan Brooks, in her Indiana 5th District races. I've voted for innumerable GOP candidates...just no degenerate pieces of human garbage, like your boy.
Why don't you join the hard-core Trumpsters , and go spit on John McCain's grave, next chance you get ? Another RINO, according to the pussy-grabber. Another NON-hero.

Didn't particularly like Hillary C., as you suggest. In my view, no other choice in '16.
Love her ? Just another one of your goofy-ass delusions. Of which there are many.
Only a liberal or a fool would vote for Hillary. You pick which you are. As for McCain.....listen to the men who were POW's with him. As for Lugar, it really was time for him to depart government.

Only a liberal or a fool would vote for Hillary. You pick which you are. As for McCain.....listen to the men who were POW's with him. As for Lugar, it really was time for him to depart government.
66,000,000+ Americans voted for Hillary Clinton.
And each and every one of the 66,000,000 was more intelligent than you. Every... last..... one.
Why don't you link us to the account(s) you read of McCain's fellow POW's during his FIVE YEARS OF
TORTURE in the North Vietnamese Prisoner of War Camp ? Then I'll respond.
Richard Lugar lost a GOP Primary battle to Richard Murdock - the "God wanted the pregnancy to result
from the rape" guy. Yeah, THAT's the guy you'd crawl through crushed glass to vote for. Fool.

Because the Democrats won't work with the Republicans.
What is there to work on? THERE IS NO PLAN.

The normal process is for an admin to present a plan and then the two parties hash out a bill both sides can live with.

Two problems.
THERE IS NO PLAN.
TRUMP DOESN'T NEGOTIATE. IT'S HIS WAY OR NOTHING HAPPENS.

You're such a brain dead Trump shill you can't even use basic logic.

Reactions: doubleyous
66,000,000+ Americans voted for Hillary Clinton.
And each and every one of the 66,000,000 was more intelligent than you. Every... last..... one.
Why don't you link us to the account(s) you read of McCain's fellow POW's during his FIVE YEARS OF
TORTURE in the North Vietnamese Prisoner of War Camp ? Then I'll respond.
Richard Lugar lost a GOP Primary battle to Richard Murdock - the "God wanted the pregnancy to result
from the rape" guy. Yeah, THAT's the guy you'd crawl through crushed glass to vote for. Fool.
Trump won...Hillary lost. Electoral college did it's job. As for McCain, if you're too lazy to look it up, then don't read it. And even though I didn't like McCain, I voted for him as again, the Dem's gave us no choice, other than a community organizer.

As for Murdock, I didn't vote for him, but did vote for Lugar in the primary.

And all those Hillary voters....of which you admitted you're one....are dumber than a possum with a yellow paint stripe.

Of course, its the Democrats fault that the Republicans don't have any healthcare plan whatsoever.
Has Trump failed to sign a bill that the house has sent to him? If not then have your Nancy get one for him to sign.

Now they're even reporting when someone tests negative....this is so stupid.
And in other news, water is wet.

Coronavirus update: Patient at University of Chicago Medical Center tests negative for COVID-19

Here in Columbus, OH, they have announced that the Arnold Classic (as in Schwarzenegger) will be (essentially) cancelled. This was a major event with dozens of competitions from gymnastics, fencing, martial arts, wrestling, bodybuilding, cheerleading / dance, and several others. They are allowing the athletes to still compete, but I believe without audiences.

My son is a gymnast and his gym was hosting the event. This is going to be a fairly significant financial hit to both the city and to the gymnastics gym (they have to pay to be the event host but earned money from ticket sales / merchandising, etc.). Hotels will have to refund money and local restaurants are going to take a bit of a hit down near the convention center.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/dewine-ginther-set-press-conference-on-arnold-classic/

This makes me start to think that the whole "NCAA tournament will proceed, but without audiences" rumor that I thought was a premature overreaction, might actually happen.

Trump won...Hillary lost. Electoral college did it's job. As for McCain, if you're too lazy to look it up, then don't read it. And even though I didn't like McCain, I voted for him as again, the Dem's gave us no choice, other than a community organizer.

As for Murdock, I didn't vote for him, but did vote for Lugar in the primary.

And all those Hillary voters....of which you admitted you're one....are dumber than a possum with a yellow paint stripe.
1) I'm not "too lazy to look it up", fool. NOBODY's going to "look it up" because everybody knows that it's just a Swiftboat smearjob that has no standing among Americans with an ounce of common sense.
I.e. - not you.
The 25 yr. old " Community Organizer" vs the 70 yr. old Pussy-Grabber.....who's destined to eventually have history's blessing ?.....

( Dumber'n a possum with a yellow paint stripe ??….Aw, shucks, folks.....ol' Twinster….ain't he a wordsmith ??….)

1) I'm not "too lazy to look it up", fool. NOBODY's going to "look it up" because everybody knows that it's just a Swiftboat smearjob that has no standing among Americans with an ounce of common sense.
I.e. - not you.
The 25 yr. old " Community Organizer" vs the 70 yr. old Pussy-Grabber.....who's destined to eventually have history's blessing ?.....

( Dumber'n a possum with a yellow paint stripe ??….Aw, shucks, folks.....ol' Twinster….ain't he a wordsmith ??….)
Dipshit....just so you can understand.

rk-possum-jpg.33464

No. Not certain what's going on up there though, the place always seemed busy, not that I'm up there that much, and north of 41 seems to be under served. My wife did toy with the idea of a restaurant up there before we heard it was closing and got involved with these other properties.
What's your menu going to look like? Even though you're a lib, I'd come sample the fixin's.

Reactions: Mr_Scott
IN OUR COUNTRY....THAT MEANS THE USA.

USING OUR HOTELS...THAT MEANS MARRIOTT, HOLIDAY INN, MOTEL 6....OWNED BY OTHERS IN THIS COUNTRY.

My God your DTS is eating you up.
Please review the posts above about how the Arnold expo has been cancelled. The city of Columbus was expecting 54 million dollars in revenue being generated this weekend. They will be lucky to get 10% of that.

It was a loaded question, with no good way for Trump to answer, but there's a difference between putting a positive spin on a situation and spouting utter bulljive.

Granted, IMO, this is a self-inflicted wound, because I personally think it is still an overreaction, but with people coming from 30 different countries for this expo, I can at least understand the "better safe than sorry" attitude.

Reactions: Mr_Scott
Please review the posts above about how the Arnold expo has been cancelled. The city of Columbus was expecting 54 million dollars in revenue being generated this weekend. They will be lucky to get 10% of that.

It was a loaded question, with no good way for Trump to answer, but there's a difference between putting a positive spin on a situation and spouting utter bulljive.

Granted, IMO, this is a self-inflicted wound, because I personally think it is still an overreaction, but with people coming from 30 different countries for this expo, I can at least understand the "better safe than sorry" attitude.
Just read where two basketball teams have cancelled trips to Washington the state next week out of fear of the CV. I think it's an over-reaction.

Then wtf did you mean? Trump said its having a positive effect on hotels and shopping. You said the same.
Slowly Bob....President Trump said because fewer people are traveling, they are shopping in the U.S. and staying at American hotels.

Which means Bob....it's good for American businesses that more shopping is done at home, that vacations are taken here. Simple...Econ 101.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT