ADVERTISEMENT

Does the Coronavirus concern you?

The flu does not kill 2% of the people who get it. It also knocks people on their ass quickly, such that a large percentage will not be riding the subway while being highly contagious. Most folks will still try commuting to work with cold symptoms, which is how one might reasonably interpret this illness in the first couple of days.
He doesn’t know one way or the other. Trump and conservative media just keep talking about the flu, he’s a team player, so spouts off about “the flu,” that’s all.

Reactions: indy35
This is real in case anybody is wondering.

Let's all praise the almighty Trump for his response to a still growing public health concern.

Pence's bootlicking knows no bounds. "Praise for the president's Coronavirus response". Are you freaking kidding me?

Ah yes....Little Billy. An avowed Trump hater, a Republican in name only, a turncoat, and a wimpy little lying POS. The GOP version of Adam Schiff.

Ah yes....Little Billy. An avowed Trump hater, a Republican in name only, a turncoat, and a wimpy little lying POS. The GOP version of Adam Schiff.
" Little Billy " ??
Bill Kristol has been a respected conservative columnist, FoxNews contributor and panelist, author, conservative think tank official and part of many conservative causes, in his long career.
There's nothing little about him
There's nothing wimpy about him.
He's not known to be a liar, certainly not at the pathological level your boy is well known to be.
He and Adam Schiff both have IQ's in the 140+ range...about 30 pts. higher than your boy.
His only problem with your type is his profound disregard for D. Trump. Which gives him plenty of
company among lifelong Republicans with integrity.

The flu does not kill 2% of the people who get it. It also knocks people on their ass quickly, such that a large percentage will not be riding the subway while being highly contagious. Most folks will still try commuting to work with cold symptoms, which is how one might reasonably interpret this illness in the first couple of days.

The CV doesn't have a 2% mortality rate either. News came out yesterday from the NEJM that it's more likely about a 0.1% mortality rate.
Similar to the flu.
Of course, just like the flu, if you have comorbidities, a compromised immune system, etc, you're much more likely to have a negative outcome.

He doesn’t know one way or the other. Trump and conservative media just keep talking about the flu, he’s a team player, so spouts off about “the flu,” that’s all.

It's funny that the Dems and lefties are really hoping the CV becomes a larger problem.
They don't care how if effects people, the economy, jobs, etc. as long as it has a negative impact on Trump, that's all that matters.

It's funny that the Dems and lefties are really hoping the CV becomes a larger problem.
They don't care how if effects people, the economy, jobs, etc. as long as it has a negative impact on Trump, that's all that matters.
That’s so unfortunate, but it appears to be true in hearing what their political pundits are spewing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/don-jr-dems-want-coronavirus-to-end-dads-streak-winning-2020-2

Donald Trump Jr. accused Democrats on Friday of hoping the coronavirus "comes here and kills millions of people so that they can end Donald Trump's streak of winning."

Reactions: doubleyous and PUBV
More right wing media nonsense. I have faith in the professionals quietly doing their jobs and getting a handle on CONVID-19. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but if this does impact a large portion of the nation, either directly through illness and/or economically, I do wonder how much it will test the beliefs of a segment of society that currently trusts propaganda over reality.

More right wing media nonsense. I have faith in the professionals quietly doing their jobs and getting a handle on CONVID-19. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but if this does impact a large portion of the nation, either directly through illness and/or economically, I do wonder how much it will test the beliefs of a segment of society that currently trusts propaganda over reality.
Trump can't control this story. He can't deflect it, he can't Tweet it away, he can't call it names, he can't lie about it and make it stick. His self promotion instincts have no effect when the realities and facts about the virus are public knowledge.

In short, his usual schtick won't work this time.

Trump can't control this story. He can't deflect it, he can't Tweet it away, he can't call it names, he can't lie about it and make it stick. His self promotion instincts have no effect when the realities and facts about the virus are public knowledge.

In short, his usual schtick won't work this time.
I went with my wife to an informal work related gathering she had Sunday afternoon. CONVID-19 was a topic of discussion, both the potential impact on business, where the conversation started, as well as personally. It started as a lucid conversation on the potential that Charleston, with its large number of visitors from around the nation/world probably has a higher the average chance of CONVID-19 showing up here. Talk moved to agreement that the impact on food and bev. in Charleston would be devastating if travel becomes restricted and/or tourism slows down and ideas on how to brace for it and weather it.

Then it went goofy, until reality set back in. One person chimed in with the conservative media spin that was out at that time i.e. overblown, media hysteria, the flu..., plenty of nods and agreement from the group. Then the same person, on a roll, told how they had a business trip to Cali this week, didn't want to go but had to and then relayed how they canceled another business trip two weeks from now. Reason, doesn't want to be on a plane with the potential of catching it and bringing it home to the family. As the head nods of agreement continued, you could literally see it sink in, the propaganda won't save you from the reality.

I went with my wife to an informal work related gathering she had Sunday afternoon. CONVID-19 was a topic of discussion, both the potential impact on business, where the conversation started, as well as personally. It started as a lucid conversation on the potential that Charleston, with its large number of visitors from around the nation/world probably has a higher the average chance of CONVID-19 showing up here. Talk moved to agreement that the impact on food and bev. in Charleston would be devastating if travel becomes restricted and/or tourism slows down and ideas on how to brace for it and weather it.

Then it went goofy, until reality set back in. One person chimed in with the conservative media spin that was out at that time i.e. overblown, media hysteria, the flu..., plenty of nods and agreement from the group. Then the same person, on a roll, told how they had a business trip to Cali this week, didn't want to go but had to and then relayed how they canceled another business trip two weeks from now. Reason, doesn't want to be on a plane with the potential of catching it and bringing it home to the family. As the head nods of agreement continued, you could literally see it sink in, the propaganda won't save you from the reality.

I'd be surprised, due to lack of testing, if the virus isn't already more widespread than is being reported.

The Republicans saying this stuff are disgusting.
Have you watched any news lately? Every f'ing day you see Chuckie and Nancy whining about how little the President of the United States of By God America is doing to protect her citizens. My God man, you're so one-sided, so delusional, and so phony in your statements. Take off your give away glasses and face the truth.

Charleston isn't NY, LA or Miami. Sure, it's a popular place to visit but not in Feb/March. There's not a great deal of international visitors coming here other than maybe a few visiting Boeing, Volvo, BMW, Cummins or the ports authority. Charleston isn't even much of a spring break destination in March.
I wouldn't get yourself overly concerned with any impact on Charleston.

Have you watched any news lately? Every f'ing day you see Chuckie and Nancy whining about how little the President of the United States of By God America is doing to protect her citizens. My God man, you're so one-sided, so delusional, and so phony in your statements. Take off your give away glasses and face the truth.

FFS Twin - Just yesterday the POTUS was asking whether or not a flu vaccine would help deal with Coronavirus. Not only is Trump a demagogue, he's also an idiot, and I'm not sure which quality is worse.

Why don't you tell him about the magic plant you discovered?

Here's my deal....even if you're around someone infected, even if you touch them, not every one is going to get it. As someone posted, most who have or will, have an immune system that is weakened. It's contagious from a distance of 6 feet, but again, not all who are near it will get it.

Should we take it seriously? Sure. Should we continue to live our daily lives as we always have...sure. Should we run grocery stores out of stock...not unless there's one hell of a sale. It reminds me of when the weatherman says, "We have a huge winter storm"....and then announces 3" of snowfall is coming.

Reactions: bonefish1
FFS Twin - Just yesterday the POTUS was asking whether or not a flu vaccine would help deal with Coronavirus. Not only is Trump a demagogue, he's also an idiot, and I'm not sure which quality is worse.

Why don't you tell him about the magic plant you discovered?
You know, that plant works. You know nothing about it, yet you and your liberal friends condemn everything you know nothing about. It works for me, it's worked for family and friends, and it kept me free of colds or other illnesses that would have endangered my wife while she was battling cancer and allowed me to be with her every day.

Charleston isn't NY, LA or Miami. Sure, it's a popular place to visit but not in Feb/March. There's not a great deal of international visitors coming here other than maybe a few visiting Boeing, Volvo, BMW, Cummins or the ports authority. Charleston isn't even much of a spring break destination in March.
I'll be there in a couple of weeks. Looking for a house right next door to K.

Oh wait....you have the fishing boat. Got any houses for sale close by?:D

Do any of you unconcerned citizens have an elderly mother or father, grandparent, relative or family friend that has health problems, lives in an assisted living or retirement facility? We know they are more susceptible to the virus. Are you concerned about them or just yourself?

Do any of you unconcerned citizens have an elderly mother or father, grandparent, relative or family friend that has health problems, lives in an assisted living or retirement facility? We know they are more susceptible to the virus. Are you concerned about them or just yourself?
You know Bob, even without a Cvirus, or SARS, or flu season, I was always concerned about my elderly parents. What a REALLY dumb question.

Haha. Wow, you really are an expert on Charleston.

So, you think Trump should be immune from criticism because it's "politicizing" something. Got it. He has you just where he wants you.

So, you think Trump should be immune from criticism because it's "politicizing" something. Got it. He has you just where he wants you.
Viable criticism is one thing. Bitching and whining and lying about Trump because your a liberal is another. And yep....I'll vote for DJT over any communist your party puts up.

My father had a bad heart valve about 9 years ago and ended up getting a valve transplant from a pig (Yes, he now has a pig valve in his heart. I joke with him that he can't eat bacon anymore because that would make him 2% cannibal).
He went in for his 6 month check-up yesterday and the doc told him that everything looks fine. She did mention though that he should be more concerned than the average citizen because the virus would have a 40% mortality rate for people with his condition. She told him that if there was any kind of meaningful break-out within 50 miles, he should probably consider wearing a mask. So his concern level is certainly a bit higher than mine is.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Viable criticism is one thing. Bitching and whining and lying about Trump because your a liberal is another. And yep....I'll vote for DJT over any communist your party puts up.

lol so criticizing guidance that's inconsistent with what his own experts are telling Americans...is not "viable."

Guidance (a "hoax") that, if taken at face value by any non-trivial percentage of Americans, could unnecessarily speed up and compound transmission is not "viable."

Unreal.

Reactions: indy35
My father had a bad heart valve about 9 years ago and ended up getting a valve transplant from a pig (Yes, he now has a pig valve in his heart. I joke with him that he can't eat bacon anymore because that would make him 2% cannibal).
He went in for his 6 month check-up yesterday and the doc told him that everything looks fine. She did mention though that he should be more concerned than the average citizen because the virus would have a 40% mortality rate for people with his condition. She told him that if there was any kind of meaningful break-out within 50 miles, he should probably consider wearing a mask. So his concern level is certainly a bit higher than mine is.

This may surprise some people on this board, but people who have an ounce of empathy are also concerned for your father. Empathy is a critical component of humanity, and it's unfortunate that our POTUS has none.

You know, that plant works. You know nothing about it, yet you and your liberal friends condemn everything you know nothing about. It works for me, it's worked for family and friends, and it kept me free of colds or other illnesses that would have endangered my wife while she was battling cancer and allowed me to be with her every day.

Does it grow into the clouds like Jack & The Beanstalk? I always wanted to meet a giant!

They're much, much, much more likely to contract something like the flu, pneumonia or something like that as opposed to the CV. So, no, not really worried about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT