ADVERTISEMENT

Does the Coronavirus concern you?

It's not a big deal to me. I don't care at all. I have changed no plans including vacations. But that doesn't mean trump was doing nothing. I would try to move the goalposts if I were you too though...keep turning it up to 11. I'm sure the iu fans on here will like your posts.

Same here. Haven't done anything with the investments. Haven't changed spring break travel plans, no going out and buying any hazmat suits.

Hey numbnuts....if mass testing were enacted in January, guess what would have happened: You would have had mass negative results, which would have confirmed that the spread was not as severe as was thought.
And, just like with the flu, you don't test asymptomatic people because the numbers will skew the true prevalence and positive predictive value of the diagnostics. (I could explain this to you in statistical and clinical terms but you wouldn't understand)

You want massive negative results. You could have kept mass negative results by quickly identifying potential outbreaks. Now instead we didn't do that and everyone went back to their communities without testing and jsut spread the virus. Even worse those that currently still have symptoms are having trouble accessing testing TODAY.

So numbnuts you act like having lots of negative tests would have been a bad thing. Its THE thing that would have allows this to remain isolated.

Instead you have an NBA player touching all of the mics in a press conference 2 days before he tests positive for the virus --- because he thinks its all one big joke. Probably read a lot of memes on social media that downplayed this or maybe listened to our governing leadership who spent weeks downplaying this instead of taking the proper steps that would have prevented this.

But now here we are, and now private corporations, events, etc are having to take matters in their own hands and do the responsible thing ... in spite of the President's leadership, not because of it.

Hey numbnuts....if mass testing were enacted in January, guess what would have happened: You would have had mass negative results, which would have confirmed that the spread was not as severe as was thought.
And, just like with the flu, you don't test asymptomatic people because the numbers will skew the true prevalence and positive predictive value of the diagnostics. (I could explain this to you in statistical and clinical terms but you wouldn't understand)

You know how I can quickly tell when someone is about to say some dumb shit? When they start their post with "Hey numbnuts..." Grow up.

It without a doubt was here in early Feb, during the time Trump was actively and publicly contradicting his own experts while trying to make this whole story become a part of his victimhood narrative.

Proactively being able to isolate outbreak centers before they got out of hand would've slowed the spread to a manageable level and not put us on this cusp-of-crisis we're at now. Ya know, doing the things that other countries directly demonstrated can actually work.

So, you don't want to test unless the results will be positive? And you're trying to lecture me about "statistics" and "clinical terms?" Spare me your data illiterate taeks. The point is that tests should have been distributed, available, and easy to track.

Dying on the sword for Trump is so hilarious to me.

You want massive negative results. You could have kept mass negative results by quickly identifying potential outbreaks. Now instead we didn't do that and everyone went back to their communities without testing and jsut spread the virus. Even worse those that currently still have symptoms are having trouble accessing testing TODAY.

So numbnuts you act like having lots of negative tests would have been a bad thing. Its THE thing that would have allows this to remain isolated.

Instead you have an NBA player touching all of the mics in a press conference 2 days before he tests positive for the virus --- because he thinks its all one big joke. Probably read a lot of memes on social media that downplayed this or maybe listened to our governing leadership who spent weeks downplaying this instead of taking the proper steps that would have prevented this.

But now here we are, and now private corporations, events, etc are having to take matters in their own hands and do the responsible thing ... in spite of the President's leadership, not because of it.

If you're asymptomatic, there's zero reason to be tested.
Why? Because if you're asymptomatic, you're either A) unlikely to be infected or B) your viral load is so low that it's below the diagnostic sensitivity level of the test.
You clearly don't understand how diagnostics work.
Here's a little education:
Let's take your example of testing everyone and use woman as an example to test for pregnancy.
If you test 100 women randomly, you might find a few who are pregnant who didn't know it. But, what your test is going to show you is that it has an inability to accurately predict who is pregnant because out of 100 woman, it only correctly found 2 pregnant. That reduces the PPV of the test, which is not a good thing and means the results aren't reliable because you would have expected to have a lot more women test positive (pregnant).
Well...I'm sure this is over your head, but the bottom line is that mass testing is a dumb idea.

You know how I can quickly tell when someone is about to say some dumb shit? When they start their post with "Hey numbnuts..." Grow up.

It without a doubt was here in early Feb, during the time Trump was actively and publicly contradicting his own experts while trying to make this whole story become a part of his victimhood narrative.

Proactively being able to isolate outbreak centers before they got out of hand would've slowed the spread to a manageable level and not put us on this cusp-of-crisis we're at now. Ya know, doing the things that other countries directly demonstrated can actually work.

So, you don't want to test unless the results will be positive? And you're trying to lecture me about "statistics" and "clinical terms?" Spare me your data illiterate taeks. The point is that tests should have been distributed, available, and easy to track.

Dying on the sword for Trump is so hilarious to me.

I was having trouble choosing between numbnuts, dumbas$ and dip$hit.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
If you're asymptomatic, there's zero reason to be tested.
Why? Because if you're asymptomatic, you're either A) unlikely to be infected or B) your viral load is so low that it's below the diagnostic sensitivity level of the test.
You clearly don't understand how diagnostics work.
Here's a little education:
Let's take your example of testing everyone and use woman as an example to test for pregnancy.
If you test 100 women randomly, you might find a few who are pregnant who didn't know it. But, what your test is going to show you is that it has an inability to accurately predict who is pregnant because out of 100 woman, it only correctly found 2 pregnant. That reduces the PPV of the test, which is not a good thing and means the results aren't reliable because you would have expected to have a lot more women test positive (pregnant).
Well...I'm sure this is over your head, but the bottom line is that mass testing is a dumb idea.

Nobody was advocating for random mass-testing of the general public, dude.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Nobody was advocating for random mass-testing of the general public, dude.

So, when you said "Why wasn't mass-testing and social distancing already put in place once US cases were confirmed?"

Who was supposed to get mass tested?
There's only been 1,200 total confirmed infections in the US. That's not a lot in a country of 330 million.

So, when you said "Why wasn't mass-testing and social distancing already put in place once US cases were confirmed?"

There's only been 1,200 total confirmed infections in the US. That's not a lot in a country of 330 million.

Holy crap. You are as dumb as Trump is. 2 weeks ago "we only have 15 cases, next week we'll be down to 5 ... maybe 0."

Today its 1300. And that is just of those that we have confirmed who have been able to get tests. The numbers are likely MUCH higher than that.

And the contagion factor is exponential.

That 1300 will explode. Now it's just about by how fast.

Mass test availability along with the proper resources/infrastructure to catch cases early. We have likely only caught a small fraction of the cases and only weeks after the outbreaks had begun.

How long are you gonna do this? Lol. You understand there are quite possibly thousands of people in this country with the virus who don't know it and showing only cold symptoms. They are unwittingly passing it to others. You understand one person can infect tens of others......and those pass it on as well. Do the math FFS.

15 wasn't a lot a week ago right? Italy went from 600 to 10000 in a week and a half.

How long are you gonna do this? Lol. You understand there are quite possibly thousands of people in this country with the virus who don't know it and showing only cold symptoms. They are unwittingly passing it to others. You understand one person can infect tens of others......and those pass it on as well. Do the math FFS.

15 wasn't a lot a week ago right? Italy went from 600 to 10000 in a week and a half.

Don't worry. Next week we'll just hear that 10,000 isn't that many.

Millions get the flu every year you know?

Having the virus does not mean you're infected, you're just a carrier. Same with flu, same with MRSA.

If you're under the age of 70, don't have preexisting conditions, what's the likelihood you die if you get CV?
It's very, very small.
In fact, it's even very very small (<3%) if you're over 70 and have all the preexisting risk factors.

Having the virus does not mean you're infected, you're just a carrier. Same with flu, same with MRSA.

If you're under the age of 70, don't have preexisting conditions, what's the likelihood you die if you get CV?
It's very, very small.
In fact, it's even very very small (<3%) if you're over 70 and have all the preexisting risk factors.

WAHAAHAHHAHAAATTTTT. Just stop spreading your stupidity before you get someone killed.

maBXNdM.png

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Bone.....this is the ideal situation for liberals. Basically the only people dying are old folks. Primarily old white guys. And liberals hate old rich white guys so it's the perfect storm for them. I'm guessing 99.9% of them are sitting there hoping the Prez is the next one.

The only people fighting to keep as few old white people from dying are liberals. You morons are tripping over yourself to protect your fearless leader instead of yourselves.

It's very, very small.
I agree with everything but the last statement.

What's your point? Because you aren't high risk you don't GAF about those that are? Is that a good position for Trump to take? Either you care about your fellow countrymen or you don't. I don't understand your position. As I said before, I have friends and relatives that are high risk. That means I care about this. It doesn't have to be personally dangerous to me for me to care.

I agree with everything but the last statement.

What's your point? Because you aren't high risk you don't GAF about those that are? Is that a good position for Trump to take? Either you care about your fellow countrymen or you don't. I don't understand your position. As I said before, I have friends and relatives that are high risk. That means I care about this. It doesn't have to be personally dangerous to me for me to care.

Who said I don't care? I GAF, I'm just not going to lose sleep over it. I have relatives who are high risk as well. I hope they're taking the necessary precautions.
But like I said to Beth, do you care about all the other people who will die today from things like smoking, drug overdose, lightning strikes? Or, do you only care about your fellow countrymen who die from CV?

But, since you asked, here's my point: Even if we have a 10X number of active infections before it starts to level off, that's only 13-15,000 people. That's still a very small number. Sure, it sucks for those 13-15K people, just like it sucks for the 19 MILLION who will get the flu and 15,000 who will die from it.

Who said I don't care? I GAF, I'm just not going to lose sleep over it. I have relatives who are high risk as well. I hope they're taking the necessary precautions.
But like I said to Beth, do you care about all the other people who will die today from things like smoking, drug overdose, lightning strikes? Or, do you only care about your fellow countrymen who die from CV?

But, since you asked, here's my point: Even if we have a 10X number of active infections before it starts to level off, that's only 13-15,000 people. That's still a very small number. Sure, it sucks for those 13-15K people, just like it sucks for the 19 MILLION who will get the flu and 15,000 who will die from it.
Wow.

So it's just a matter of what the acceptable body count is.

So 15k is ok? Do you know it isn't going to be more than that? Can you get out that crystal ball again and tell us what the number will be? Cause that info would be helpful.

You're making assumptions based on info from China.......and when you don't know what they are doing to reach those supposed numbers?

We have no vaccine, we have NO idea how many are infected, but the virus can't possibly kill more than 15k. Is that your argument?

Maybe you would have been the guy in 1917 that said influenza couldn't possibly kill as many as tuberculosis.

You've gone from Obama whataboutism to viral whataboutism.

Death is death right? Acts of nature or self destruction are the same as people dying from an unknown disease with no cure.

Last edited:
There have only been 11k tests done in the US, pathetic. There are probably thousands of positive cases out there that haven't been tested. South Korea is testing 10k A DAY.

Wow.

So it's just a matter of what the acceptable body count is.

So 15k is ok? Do you know it isn't going to be more than that? Can you get out that crystal ball again and tell us what the number will be? Cause that info would be helpful.

You're making assumptions based on info from China.......and when you don't know what they are doing to reach those supposed numbers?

We have no vaccine, we have NO idea how many are infected, but the virus can't possibly kill more than 15k. Is that your argument?

Maybe you would have been the guy in 1917 that said influenza couldn't possibly kill as many as tuberculosis.

You've gone from Obama whataboutism to viral whataboutism.

Death is death right? Acts of nature or self destruction are the same as peopkke dying from an unknown disease with no cure.

The death toll could be 150, 1500 or 15000. I have no idea. But the assumptions based on what happened in China is the best data we have to go on right now. Right now, it's the model.

My personal belief (and you can have yours and 35 can have his) is that it won't be as bad as the media and some are making it out to be. I could be either right or wrong. Again, you may feel like this is the apocalypse, I don't.
I'm not going to do anything different. I'm still going to work, travel, shop, dine out, etc.

There have only been 11k tests done in the US, pathetic. There are probably thousands of positive cases out there that haven't been tested. South Korea is testing 10k A DAY.
11,000 tests as reported for the CDC and public health labs. Repeating, private labs do not or don’t need to report negative test results. So the the actual number of tests conducted could be thousands higher than 11,000. Many, many thousands higher if that makes you happy.

Reactions: bonefish1
The death toll could be 150, 1500 or 15000. I have no idea. But the assumptions based on what happened in China is the best data we have to go on right now. Right now, it's the model.

My personal belief (and you can have yours and 35 can have his) is that it won't be as bad as the media and some are making it out to be. I could be either right or wrong. Again, you may feel like this is the apocalypse, I don't.
I'm not going to do anything different. I'm still going to work, travel, shop, dine out, etc.
It's not the media fool. It's the institutions. It's the responsible people in out society looking out for the health of the public. Stop blaming the media for anything you don't agree with.
They just postponed all high school sports here in NC until April 6. No baseball for my 17 year old, he was gonna start on the mound tomorrow. I dont like that ONE BIT but I understand it and am not going to question or bitch about it.

My wife has now been ordered to work from home for the next two weeks. She is a software programmer, so it is certainly not a problem.

And it's also very convenient as it appears as though DeWine is going to cancel all school here in Ohio for the next three weeks.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
My wife has now been ordered to work from home for the next two weeks. She is a software programmer, so it is certainly not a problem.

And it's also very convenient as it appears as though DeWine is going to cancel all school here in Ohio for the next three weeks.

The governor of Ohio has already cancelled school for 3 weeks. So that is convenient!

We were offered the chance to shuttle quarantine bound passengers from flights to barracks on a local marine corps base. I turned the business down because I didn’t want my buses on TV associated with Coronavirus. Sure enough, a company took it and it wasn’t my branded buses on TV when one of the passengers was positive for Coronavirus. It was a good decision on my part....

But not because of the virus itself... it was a good call because people are morons, and don’t worry about getting their flu shot but will lose their GD minds about this glorified upper respiratory infection of a virus.
This aged well.

I underestimated the contagion and didnt think about the impact on others (I.e. flattening the curve).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT