ADVERTISEMENT

Anderson has MAJOR outbreak of virus

You're like a broken f=-ng record. And thanks for reminding me with every post you make why I'll vote for Trump again.
Because you’ve shown once again that you’re a complete moron that believes everything he hears from far right wing media? This latest exchange just another example. Then you tried to pass it off as if you saw it on an official website. What a joke.

Reactions: Bill4411
Because you’ve shown once again that you’re a complete moron that believes everything he hears from far right wing media? This latest exchange just another example.
No, it simply proves that you're a one trick shetland pony. You have no clue how to think for yourself, you listen to your tarnished leaders and suck up everything they say. And again....you're laughing every time you post. You're really a Trump support who watches Hannity every day.

No, it simply proves that you're a one trick shetland pony. You have no clue how to think for yourself, you listen to your tarnished leaders and suck up everything they say. And again....you're laughing every time you post. You're really a Trump support who watches Hannity every day.
You made a claim, and now you’re getting upset because I asked you to provide a reference for your claim. If you had even the slightest justification, you wouldn’t be treating it like such a “gotcha” question.

Last edited:
Here's the latest:

ANOTHER 58 cases and 7 deaths in just the last 24 hours. For whatever reason (fill in the blank) our numbers are being under-reported at present.
(They should be showing at least 22 - 30 in my mind vs 18. Our numbers will continue to climb. We have 11 nursing homes in the area and then you can't tell me that NO visitors left those facilities without the virus. Anderson is OUT of control. 3 cases to over 200 in 2 weeks, 58 in the last 24 hours.

The last testing number was around 500 (up from 300) but that is also telling me that the percentage of those tests coming back as positive are now over 40% (versus about 33% the last time I estimated it) The "velocity" of infections is ramping up. If people near Anderson think this isn't coming to their community next, they are kidding themselves. We still have people on the interstates, had a lot of nursing home visitors before they were locked down and still have mothers taking their kids inside the stores with no gloves or masks for anyone, etc..

Local officials are reporting 18 deaths, but . . the front page of our local newspaper said we originally had 11, "before" the 4 were reported in the Anderson-Summitville location and "before" another 7 were reported this morning.

Then they said that just Bethany Pointe had 24, but only 16 had been confirmed. Even 16 and the 4 from Anderson-Summitville would be 20. They also said up front that they thought ALL of Bethany point was infected and mentioned 45 patients. Today's front headlines say they had over 90 patients in January. Where did the other 45 go? Did they transfer to others around the state? From prior stories I know "some" did. They wouldn't give a number, but they DID say patients tested positive after leaving Anderson.

Bottom line:

1.) Our death numbers should be closer to 22-30
2.) Our infection rate and velocity of it is up Signficantly (3 to over 200 in 2 weeks) and
3.) Still not getting many tests (About 500 tested, so a 40+% positive rate)
4.) I think the number of new infections and deaths are now occurring faster than people can count them. The numbers are now just a directional indicator

Another 31 cases today. Our velocity is NOT a good sign !

- Doubling every week
- Greater, per capita, death rate than New York
- 3 cases to 235 since March 31st
- Over 40% of the reported tests are coming back positive. (Which statistically tells you that we have a LOT of infected still on the street.)
- At this rate, we will have 2% of our population infected by May

You're like a broken f=-ng record. And thanks for reminding me with every post you make why I'll vote for Trump again.
They are not being inflated, but posters like Indy35 are driving people away from the site. I have talked to both Alan and Brian Neubert about this. Most people on here don't want to fight about Trump on every f*cking thread. There have been several people cancel their memberships over this. It's ruining all the boards. I have been on KHC since the beginning, but just canceled my membership. Why don't most Trump haters realize that spending every waking moment of their lives telling everyone they hate Trump, and if you don't cower to them you are some sort of idiot, is not a fun way to go about every minute of every day.

Last edited:
They are not being inflated, but posters like Indy35 are driving people away from the site. I have talked to both Alan and Brian Neubert about this. Most people on here don't want to fight about Trump on every f*cking thread. There have been several people cancel their memberships over this. It's ruining all the boards. I have been on KHC since the beginning, but just canceled my membership. Why don't most Trump haters realize that spending every waking moment of their lives telling everyone they hate Trump, and if you don't cower to them you are some sort of idiot, is not a fun way to go about every minute of every day.
Twin says deaths are being falsified as Covid related and I wanted him to explain himself. If you’d rather continually make excuses for lies because you’re on the same political side, that’s a you problem, nothing to do with me. Good riddance.

F*ck you Indy you little insolent prick. I am the one who provided the data on what the hell is going on with the death certificate issues, and despite the fact that I can't stand arrogant passive aggressive assholes like you who would never have to stones to talk like you do face-to-face, I backed you up on that issue. Just because people don't agree with your ideology does not make them stupid. So once again, go f*ck yourself. Have a nice day.
So angry. If this was the only time Twin, hunk, SDBoiler, atl, etc completely made something up, you could have a point. But it’s constant. Glad that you have personal experience and can call out the complete lie when it comes to that issue. I’ll continue to expect the usage of facts and logical thinking for posters, if that bothers some people, so be it.

Last edited:
Twin says deaths are being falsified as Covid related and I wanted him to explain himself. If you’d rather continually make excuses for lies because you’re on the same political side, that’s a you problem, nothing to do with me. Good riddance.

If anything, they are UNDER-reported ! Anderson's paper repeatedly show 18-19 dead, state reports 14 and my tracking of articles and obits with specific reference to virus deaths say 22 or more

Heck, just on the 7th, our main headline said 11 deaths at Bethany Point (state said 9 at that point) How is that possible ? Every article that showed testing info. showed all the tests were positive.

I personally think the numbers are being massaged DOWNWARD. (ie If they had other issues they aren't reporting it - although all of the deaths are from the same locations and same time period. - coincidence huh ?

Hate to see you go, Tony. It truly is a shame when one deranged turd in the punch bowl who so wrongly thinks he's smarter than every single poster on the board runs people off. I know folks who have cancelled their memberships as well because of the 24/7 Trump/conservative/right wing/anything you disagree with them on venom. Disagreements equal lectures, name calling, and passive aggressive BS about how wrong and stupid you are.

Shocking that people would be turned off by that, isn't it?

Alan and Brian should do the right thing and just get rid of him. Why keep somebody around when they don't bring a soul in but instead constantly drive people away? Bad business. But at least they're aware of the issue. Because it definitely is an issue.

Reactions: herrli and SKYDOG
F*ck you Indy you little insolent prick. I am the one who provided the data on what the hell is going on with the death certificate issues, and despite the fact that I can't stand arrogant passive aggressive assholes like you who would never have to stones to talk like you do face-to-face, I backed you up on that issue. Just because people don't agree with your ideology does not make them stupid. So once again, go f*ck yourself. Have a nice day.

yxz.gif

Reactions: atlboiler2156
Hate to see you go, Tony. It truly is a shame when one deranged turd in the punch bowl who so wrongly thinks he's smarter than every single poster on the board runs people off. I know folks who have cancelled their memberships as well because of the 24/7 Trump/conservative/right wing/anything you disagree with them on venom. Disagreements equal lectures, name calling, and passive aggressive BS about how wrong and stupid you are.

Shocking that people would be turned off by that, isn't it?

Alan and Brian should do the right thing and just get rid of him. Why keep somebody around when they don't bring a soul in but instead constantly drive people away? Bad business. But at least they're aware of the issue. Because it definitely is an issue.
Had to hit the unignore button to see who you all were talking about. Laughed then hit the ignore button again. Short of GBI banning posters like him/her, the ignore feature is the only way to deal with it. If everyone put "personal attack" posters like him/her on ignore they would eventually go away as no one would engage in conversation with them. Posters responding to them are just as culpable as they are feeding the problem.

Had to hit the unignore button to see who you all were talking about. Laughed then hit the ignore button again. Short of GBI banning posters like him/her, the ignore feature is the only way to deal with it. If everyone put "personal attack" posters like him/her on ignore they would eventually go away as no one would engage in conversation with them. Posters responding to them are just as culpable as they are feeding the problem.
Ha, I agree and finally pulled the trigger after last night. Have never put anybody on ignore by the way. Ever.

Reactions: SKYDOG and herrli
I've never hit the ignore button, but honestly Indy is getting close with his incessant name calling, hate filled posts, and inability to reason.
Says the guy that thought deaths were being inflated as Covid related. Where did you see that on Indiana’s official site again?

Why don't most Trump haters realize that spending every waking moment of their lives telling everyone they hate Trump, and if you don't cower to them you are some sort of idiot,

trump embraces dissent/keyboard warriors
this catapulted him to victory

take the offensive, type away

F*ck you Indy you little insolent prick.
So once again, go f*ck yourself.
see how effective it is

trump embraces dissent/keyboard warriors
this catapulted him to victory

take the offensive, type away

see how effective it is

It might be around 10 minutes and 26 seconds before we see,
" Well, now, I never said I approved of all of his tweets".....

As if his thousands of utterly indefensible tweets DON'T offer a clear view into the disorders of his mind.

Reactions: MJ-79Boiler
Says the guy that thought deaths were being inflated as Covid related. Where did you see that on Indiana’s official site again?
Dude, enough is enough. I never said it was on the Indiana Covid site. You insinuated and still do that I did. When we all put you on ignore you'll have no one to downgrade, belittle, call names, make false accusations about except your liberal friends, whom I'd guess would wish you'd quit too. You are so far over the edge of reality you can't even spell it.

Dude, enough is enough. I never said it was on the Indiana Covid site. You insinuated and still do that I did. When we all put you on ignore you'll have no one to downgrade, belittle, call names, make false accusations about except your liberal friends, whom I'd guess would wish you'd quit too. You are so far over the edge of reality you can't even spell it.
Downgrading, belittling, calling names, and making false accusations is an awfully backwards way of showing empathy and compassion IMO.

No Indy, that was from the Indiana CV site. You're starting to really go off that deep end. I'm worried about you.
Yes you did, right there, you said it was from the Indiana CV site. Don’t you remember typing that?

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/th...-outbreak-of-virus.190760/page-2#post-2565750

Last edited:
It would be informative to get into the waybackDeLoreanhottubtimemachine to discover Patient Zero in the name-calling imbroglio. My money is on the TAKs rather than TDS sufferers.

Tony - i recommend putting idiots like 35 and Monkey Brain on ignore.

Latest Update:

- Now about 254 cases, 18 dead (although I still say 22.-25 dead)

- After sending a lengthy email to the head of the local herald paper, the paper has an article this morning highlighting that the death numbers in Madison county and those of the state ARE indeed different ! (timing is probably a coinsidence, I do not know - I did offer to assist local planning & educating efforts though, as I already did to my state Senator and Governor . . crickets so far)

- They claim there are lags, differences on death certificates, not reported from nursing homes, etc.. (bottom line to me: They are UNDER-reported right now) It has been 3-5 days and the state numbers have NOT caught up ! (on Bethany Point and Summitville-Anderson nursing homes)

- To the state's credit, over 900 have now been tested, versus about 500 a day or so ago ! (about 27% are positive versus the 40% which were probably skewed by the nursing home outbreak -However, it's still a high rate and people need to be warned of the issues more clearly. My fear is that they may not check these people in another 5 days. (it's VERY easy to be negative early on and to be positive after 4-5 days, or the incubation period)

Note: Fox news reported this morning that the virus can spread over 13 feet, NOT 6 feet !
(Dr. Marc Siegal - I have been telling my family all week it had to be at least 10 feet, based on testimonials from nursing homes, other articles, etc..) No wonder it's so easy to spread in the major stores.

Note: I am hearing that Indy is now trying to make 1 hospital the main hub for virus patients. I think this is VERY smart and something I have mentioned here. That will allow them to better utilize the best PPE equipment at that location, hopefully make it stretch further at other sites, safeguard healthcare workers elsewhere and provides a much better containment chance than cross-pollinating all of the hospitals. They NOW need a way to minimize the incoming virus at other sites. (ie testing nurses and doctors in the medical pools being moved around, a thorough clean-up of areas that had patients, temperature checks of people coming into the buildings, etc..)

PS I realize it's ALWAYS easy to snipe from the peanut gallery, but planners and proj mgmt types are used to that and generally use all information and ideas that come their way, as long as the comments are NOT personal attacks and are meant well. I hope those on the board and those in state leadership positions look at it in this manner. (ie It no difference where the ideas come from, if they can help)

thanks for update
Latest Update:

- After sending a lengthy email to the head of the local herald paper, the paper has an article this morning highlighting that the death numbers in Madison county and those of the state ARE indeed different ! (timing is probably a coinsidence, I do not know - I did offer to assist local planning & educating efforts though, as I already did to my state Senator and Governor . . crickets so far)

- They claim there are lags, differences on death certificates, not reported from nursing homes, etc.. (bottom line to me: They are UNDER-reported right now) It has been 3-5 days and the state numbers have NOT caught up ! (on Bethany Point and Summitville-Anderson nursing homes)

- To the state's credit, over 900 have now been tested, versus about 500 a day or so ago ! (about 27% are positive versus the 40% which were probably skewed by the nursing home outbreak -However, it's still a high rate and people need to be warned of the issues more clearly. My fear is that they may not check these people in another 5 days. (it's VERY easy to be negative early on and to be positive after 4-5 days, or the incubation period)

Note: Fox news reported this morning that the virus can spread over 13 feet, NOT 6 feet !
(Dr. Marc Siegal - I have been telling my family all week it had to be at least 10 feet, based on testimonials from nursing homes, other articles, etc..) No wonder it's so easy to spread in the major stores.

Note: I am hearing that Indy is now trying to make 1 hospital the main hub for virus patients. I think this is VERY smart and something I have mentioned here. That will allow them to better utilize the best PPE equipment at that location, hopefully make it stretch further at other sites, safeguard healthcare workers elsewhere and provides a much better containment chance than cross-pollinating all of the hospitals. They NOW need a way to minimize the incoming virus at other sites. (ie testing nurses and doctors in the medical pools being moved around, a thorough clean-up of areas that had patients, temperature checks of people coming into the buildings, etc..)

PS I realize it's ALWAYS easy to snipe from the peanut gallery, but planners and proj mgmt types are used to that and generally use all information and ideas that come their way, as long as the comments are NOT personal attacks and are meant well. I hope those on the board and those in state leadership positions look at it in this manner. (ie It no difference where the ideas come from, if they can help)
thanks for update

Reactions: MJ-79Boiler
FYI - My Brother and sister in law still have fever. Starting to think that "some" people are getting a Major bout of Diarrhea early on as the body tries to expel the virus. Both of them had what was described as similar to a pre-colonoscopy type experience. I have heard from others that spent a good chunk of a day or night in the bathroom. No hard facts, just another possible symptom to be aware of.

Latest Update:

I do not follow this like most, but I have always “felt” that it is and has been probably more prevalent than believed and not as deadly as thought today. The word “felt” was used on purpose because I do NOT have enough information to be informed in those areas. If we knew that (and I realize it moves as the people move) we might get a better handle on the magnitude of virus prevalence and if correlated testing was done (person A today and Person A later and so forth) for just how big of a problem is this based upon what I don’t think we know today.

I realize we have a moving target here with medical equipment availability and good practices by people…both that should lessen the magnitude of the high end projections…which you said “that” projection was about 35% above the data point for the best fit line. If we know the population percent that had this or has it now, then there could be some magnitude to the potential size as an adjustment to predictions. I read somewhere that 15-40% was a number. I’m guessing that density of population enhances the probability of exposure and so it would be nice if roughly 5-6 people were randomly selected from each House Rep location (since that is based on population) as an estimate. Now if my question has already been answered, and I admit I don’t follow this that closely…my apologies for wasting everyone’s time. It just seems that predictions are based with no cap short of infinity (or at least on the whole USA population) on the potential of deaths, but again I could be wrong. Random “feelings” from a guy that admits there is much he doesn’t know…

Not knowing that sure makes it hard to have an understanding on the economy and the virus since both are in effect...not just today, but perhaps down the road. I do not believe that any president in my lifetime had as difficult decision as Trump will have to make...with so much unknown. A speculation of what might happen in the magnitude of deaths versus a given on the economy collapse and its' implications down the road for this country.

Latest Update:

- Now about 254 cases, 18 dead (although I still say 22.-25 dead

So, and I'm not being argumentative with this, what this comes down to is someone's opinion. Hope your family is better.

I do not follow this like most, but I have always “felt” that it is and has been probably more prevalent than believed and not as deadly as thought today. The word “felt” was used on purpose because I do NOT have enough information to be informed in those areas. If we knew that (and I realize it moves as the people move) we might get a better handle on the magnitude of virus prevalence and if correlated testing was done (person A today and Person A later and so forth) for just how big of a problem is this based upon what I don’t think we know today.

I realize we have a moving target here with medical equipment availability and good practices by people…both that should lessen the magnitude of the high end projections…which you said “that” projection was about 35% above the data point for the best fit line. If we know the population percent that had this or has it now, then there could be some magnitude to the potential size as an adjustment to predictions. I read somewhere that 15-40% was a number. I’m guessing that density of population enhances the probability of exposure and so it would be nice if roughly 5-6 people were randomly selected from each House Rep location (since that is based on population) as an estimate. Now if my question has already been answered, and I admit I don’t follow this that closely…my apologies for wasting everyone’s time. It just seems that predictions are based with no cap short of infinity (or at least on the whole USA population) on the potential of deaths, but again I could be wrong. Random “feelings” from a guy that admits there is much he doesn’t know…

Not knowing that sure makes it hard to have an understanding on the economy and the virus since both are in effect...not just today, but perhaps down the road. I do not believe that any president in my lifetime had as difficult decision as Trump will have to make...with so much unknown. A speculation of what might happen in the magnitude of deaths versus a given on the economy collapse and its' implications down the road for this country.
I guess where I am going is that someday there will be a decision and I have no doubt it (whatever it is) will be criticized. If Trump opens up the workplace and things get much worse than a typical flu year, the criticism will flow. If Trump opens up the workplace and things are pretty normal, the criticism will flow that Trump put people’s lives at risk when he didn’t have enough reason to open up the workplace (he played with lives and was lucky). If Trump doesn’t open up the workplace, he will be criticized for contributing to the demise of the economy hurting almost everyone, leaning to "some" speculation not being as important based upon projections, and marked as picking a dollar over life. Under the current environment, this is a NO win for Trump with the least damage coming from opening up the workplaces and things are pretty normal should that happen and obviously the best result a country could hope “if” the economy and lives were the considerations.

We know (well, I thought I read?) that this is more contagious than the previous flu types and that older people with immune system issues are at higher risk. I wish we had a feel for the variables at play to better project the death rates. What is the model when the variables are considered “compared” to the projected death rate and the standard errors about that prediction? It appears men are more vulnerable than women, but that opportunity is not 50/50 at birth let alone when someone is in the 80s. Does the extra X in hormones lead to a clue and how should that weighting be figured into the model? We know there are some that would call this virus racist since it affects blacks more than whites. Is this a cellular issue difference (sickle cell ex.) or is this difference due to lifestyle AND more urban location? With a much higher percent of black deaths and yet maybe 15% of the population…how does this affect the total percentage projections? What are the main effects weightin of location, smoking, diabetes, general respiratory issues, heart, bmi, sex, race and at least the first level interactions between those main effects for the proper weighting of those relationships in the population? That in addition to better understanding of how prevalent it is today and a couple of weeks from now would be nice having a better feel for the potential growth in the public. Trump won’t have all that, the media won’t have that and we won’t have that, but will it matter to most?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Tony, I admit I’ve got sucked into the General Discussion Board when I never looked at it before. It is GBI’s version of the Dark Web. Funny any poster who posts anything from the the side of party of Lincoln gets labeled as ignorant, uninformed or worst yet a racist.

Tony, I admit I’ve got sucked into the General Discussion Board when I never looked at it before. It is GBI’s version of the Dark Web. Funny any poster who posts anything from the the side of party of Lincoln gets labeled as ignorant, uninformed or worst yet a racist.
Using some facts to back up your point of view would go a long way.

I feel bad for you BSIT if this is like the Dark Web for you and you feel you’re always attacked for what you post. I find this board sometimes informative, sometimes entertaining. I’m saddened by people asking for others to be banned when we have the free will to ignore/not respond to whatever we want on here.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan

Doubleyous is even worse.He has to make every thread about him. If someone dare have a different opinion they have mental problems etc and he just beats every thread into the ground until it is all about him.

...words - removed for ease.

Hey, I have to ask, do you have special knowledge that could help Governor Holcomb? What is your expertise? You seem disappointed he didn't ask you to join his task force.

Also, where are you getting your numbers other than "feels"?

In my opinion, you are fear mongering.

I feel bad for you BSIT if this is like the Dark Web for you and you feel you’re always attacked for what you post. I find this board sometimes informative, sometimes entertaining. I’m saddened by people asking for others to be banned when we have the free will to ignore/not respond to whatever we want on here.
Thanks for your concern. I’m doing ok and don’t even have one person on ignore. Now back to our regular scheduled programming

Reactions: herrli
FYI - My Brother and sister in law still have fever. Starting to think that "some" people are getting a Major bout of Diarrhea early on as the body tries to expel the virus. Both of them had what was described as similar to a pre-colonoscopy type experience. I have heard from others that spent a good chunk of a day or night in the bathroom. No hard facts, just another possible symptom to be aware of.

Your body tries to "expel the virus" through a "Major bout of Diarrhea"?

Can you explain the mechanism behind this?

Looks like we have an outbreak at a “facility” here in St Joseph county. From what I’ve heard, could be a very sad situation

Doubleyous is even worse.He has to make every thread about him. If someone dare have a different opinion they have mental problems etc and he just beats every thread into the ground until it is all about him.
Awww....poor SquirrelGuy. NO ONE whose posts I've ever read on here has mental problems that are evident....
You just have self-esteem issues that aren't getting any better with your incessant need to attack other posters on this forum. We feel sorry for you, but still need you to understand that you'd be happier with some kind of less stressful outlet. How about a cooking class ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT