ADVERTISEMENT

Anderson has MAJOR outbreak of virus

I do not follow this like most, but I have always “felt” that it is and has been probably more prevalent than believed and not as deadly as thought today.

For those with underlying conditions (those over 60) this is deadly.(could be 5% or more before we are done) I am guessing your larger question requires the "antibody" test, which would tell us who might have already had it. Once available, it would be nice to know how many of the infected NOW have underlying conditions. (ie scarring of lungs, etc..)

I am not sure we understand the virus well enough yet - I have not heard of any controlled studies being done which would give us hard facts. Without them we are guessing and hence the moving targets and body of knowledge.

From my project mgmt. days, the teams who clearly understood the problem and the root causes of them were the most successful. The fact that our body of knowledge and targets are a moving target tells me we haven't defined the root causes well enough to mitigate yet. Just my take

So, and I'm not being argumentative with this, what this comes down to is someone's opinion. Hope your family is better.

Without hard facts, you are correct. I am not aware of any controlled studies that are being done to really figure out the details and the root causes of the spreading. This can be seen by the moving body of knowledge and targets.

My comments are primarily about problem containment and process controls. Things which we are currently lacking.

As for family members, both still have fever and are developing a dry cough, so I am now convinced they have it. Thanks for asking !

Hey, I have to ask, do you have special knowledge that could help Governor Holcomb? What is your expertise? You seem disappointed he didn't ask you to join his task force.

Also, where are you getting your numbers other than "feels"?

In my opinion, you are fear mongering.

Yeah, I thought so. I used to be a Six Sigma level problem solver /project mgr in 2 fortune 100 companies. (Verizon and John Deere)

Long story short, we thought of problems in parts per million, always targeted and hit 85% improvements within 1-3 months and used a very scientific approach learned from Motorola & GE. - It was a best in class process in our bechmarking efforts. (ie It clearly defined the root causes of the problem with controlled studies where we could vary 1 or 2 variables at a time, so there was no doubt what we had to mitigate or improve. When you continually have an evolving body of knowledge on a topic (like the virus, how it spreads, etc..) or moving targets (6 ft to 13 feet, 14 days to as long as 10 weeks after infection,etc..) you know these steps haven't been done. We are guessing, then recalibrating - that takes longer to hit the target.

As for Holcomb it just seems odd that when he wanted help with the virus he uses health experts, when he needs help with the mental illnesses he asks for therapists, but when he needs to clearly solve major problems that requires a scientific approach, he doesn't look for the best problem solvers in industry. His call though. Probably doesn't even know what Six SIgma means, but when I was in Iowa, their governor sure understood quality management processes and six sigma capabilities - I used to work with groups in Des Moines and their Quality Management Initiatives for state-wide improvement.

Anderson Numbers come right off the front page of the Anderson Herald and from the Obits inside. The national and the state ones come from the following:

https://corona.help/

Fear Mongering? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if someone did something wrong in your field of expertise, I am guessing you would mention it wasn't right. I was a problem solver, have a masters, 5 professional certifications in different fields of study (supply mgmt, production planning, integrated rsource mgmt, quality, etc..) so I am at least knowledgeable about processes, problem solving and supply mgmt issues.

Just trying to give my professional perspective based on 30 years.

Your body tries to "expel the virus" through a "Major bout of Diarrhea"?

Can you explain the mechanism behind this?

You've never thrown up or had diarrhea from food poisoning or flus? Same concept. Just highlighting that it appears to be a symptom, based on people I know.

Yeah, I thought so. I used to be a Six Sigma level problem solver /project mgr in 2 fortune 100 companies. (Verizon and John Deere)

Long story short, we thought of problems in parts per million, always targeted and hit 85% improvements within 1-3 months and used a very scientific approach learned from Motorola & GE. - It was a best in class process in our bechmarking efforts. (ie It clearly defined the root causes of the problem with controlled studies where we could vary 1 or 2 variables at a time, so there was no doubt what we had to mitigate or improve. When you continually have an evolving body of knowledge on a topic (like the virus, how it spreads, etc..) or moving targets (6 ft to 13 feet, 14 days to as long as 10 weeks after infection,etc..) you know these steps haven't been done. We are guessing, then recalibrating - that takes longer to hit the target.

As for Holcomb it just seems odd that when he wanted help with the virus he uses health experts, when he needs help with the mental illnesses he asks for therapists, but when he needs to clearly solve major problems that requires a scientific approach, he doesn't look for the best problem solvers in industry. His call though. Probably doesn't even know what Six SIgma means, but when I was in Iowa, their governor sure understood quality management processes and six sigma capabilities - I used to work with groups in Des Moines and their Quality Management Initiatives for state-wide improvement.

Anderson Numbers come right off the front page of the Anderson Herald and from the Obits inside. The national and the state ones come from the following:

https://corona.help/

Fear Mongering? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if someone did something wrong in your field of expertise, I am guessing you would mention it wasn't right. I was a problem solver, have a masters, 5 professional certifications in different fields of study (supply mgmt, production planning, integrated rsource mgmt, quality, etc..) so I am at least knowledgeable about processes, problem solving and supply mgmt issues.

Just trying to give my professional perspective based on 30 years.

You tried.

Keep sending those letters.

Did you tell him about your Six Sigma? Maybe he didn't get your letter. Mail gets lost sometimes.

Last edited:
You've never thrown up or had diarrhea from food poisoning or flus? Same concept. Just highlighting that it appears to be a symptom, based on people I know.

I'm asking about the mechanism that the human body goes through to poop out a respiratory infection.

Food poising isn't a coronavirus infection.

For those with underlying conditions (those over 60) this is deadly.(could be 5% or more before we are done) I am guessing your larger question requires the "antibody" test, which would tell us who might have already had it. Once available, it would be nice to know how many of the infected NOW have underlying conditions. (ie scarring of lungs, etc..)

I am not sure we understand the virus well enough yet - I have not heard of any controlled studies being done which would give us hard facts. Without them we are guessing and hence the moving targets and body of knowledge.

From my project mgmt. days, the teams who clearly understood the problem and the root causes of them were the most successful. The fact that our body of knowledge and targets are a moving target tells me we haven't defined the ot croauses well enough to mitigate yet. Just my take
Antibody test would be great and yes, I do NOT think "we" know what we would like to know relative to the virus. I mentioned somewhere??? all the preliminary variable understandings that have been mentioned, but we don't know the weighting of strength of those variables or probably the extra strong weight of those main effects interactions. As an example we may find that diabetes, smoking and too high of BMI are significant variables relative to fatility, but none as great as the interaction of the three or diabetes X smoking X high BMI. If we knew to potential to get teh virus and the fatility variables weightings a more accurate portrayal of the fatility would be in place. Trump won't have that, the media won't have that when a decision must take place...as somewhere I mentioned that as well.

As a person that rarely watches TV or at least in a lower percentile of the population, I have been on a binge the last couple of weeks watching a couple of series that are based upon some truths and have a bit of embellishments concerning the Renaissance timeline in Italy. However, I did in fact catch some information that I thought makes a lot of sense. First, since I'm not as current as some I was unaware that there were some fast tests out there and that today a nose swab is capable of testing. That said, a few minutes in front of my post below is the nasal swab, but I have not heard anyone suggest what this guy states and find his proposal very interesting and possibly much less costly than what is happening today. Perhaps this is old news, but... (test everyone and isolate only those that are carriers...all with deference to a cheap, quick test for the virus which outside the nose swab I'm unaware)

Last edited:
Long story short, we thought of problems in parts per million, always targeted and hit 85% improvements within 1-3 months and used a very scientific approach learned from Motorola & GE. - It was a best in class process in our bechmarking efforts. (ie It clearly defined the root causes of the problem with controlled studies where we could vary 1 or 2 variables at a time, so there was no doubt what we had to mitigate or improve.
Back in the early 80s and having some background in classical statistics thanks to primarily Charlie Hicks (brilliant from Purdue) and Robert McLean (Un of Tenn but Purdue grad well versed in SAS and very bright as well) I went to Dayton to see what the uproar was with Dorian Shainin. Dorian was a good engineer that was a good trouble shooter using stats "behind" his methods, but clearly not the traditional calculations. What he did do was provide a trouble shooting techniques that people without any stat understanding could use. Since I was using SAS and a more classical background I wasn't as impressed...although I do like his pre-control or narrow limit gaging thoughts for certain operations...stamping being one. I have also used his "variable search methods" to see how the did.

When I got out of Purdue the thought was to change one variable at a time to understand the effects, but that does not get you the interactions needed many times and is not efficient. Instead you should "design" the experiment to test the variables in question with a planned test where you shuffle several variables at the same time. When trying to study variables and "are able to set conditions" to find the best combination available with parameters you can control in the most robust conditions to "noise" or things you may not control (perhaps no environmental control in a new location) I am a fan of Taguchi. His approach is nothing more than fractional factorial experimentation, but his contribution to fractional factorials is having linear graphs and orthogonal arrays which eliminates actually calculating the aliases which is rather tedious and something I haven't touched in 35 years.

I'm envious that you had support for your studies because most of the time people didn't understand the potential of what I could do. It pigeon holed me in and eliminated some opportunity, but I'm also still standing after hundreds were let go.

Typing this I reminded myself that I told some of my group out in New York that I would do a simple ANOVA on evaluating different tires with different cars, locations of the tires and air pressure if I recall and show them the calculations since they were trying to understand gage error and didn't know that as well as Xbar and R charts being ANOVAs (comparing the within ande between variation). I probably should do that soon.

Antibody test would be great and yes, I do NOT think "we" know what we would like to know relative to the virus. I mentioned somewhere??? all the preliminary variable understandings that have been mentioned, but we don't know the weighting of strength of those variables or probably the extra strong weight of those main effects interactions. [/MEDIA]

All good points. I think we need the variable info on both health issues and on root causes. (ie HOW is it specifically spreading - is is aerosoled?, is in our surfaces, is it from coughing, etc.. how well do masks work to stop it? etc..)

The last I heard Indiana was given machines for the 15 minute tests and a small amount of test kits which they went through very quickly. Yesterday, I heard that the machines sent were supposed to be just for training purposes, etc.. and the more robust ones weren't available yet. I also heard that the majority of these tests were going to be targeted towards the 2,000 plus health care workers, which from a priority standpoint, I understand. However, it still paints a picture of very few test kits for the public unless there is a major outbreak, so when the decision is made to reopen the economy we could find ourselves repeating the same mistakes. Curious, how important do you think local testing is in supporting a "re-opening" of the economy and in local containment?

Back in the early 80s and having some background in classical statistics thanks to primarily Charlie Hicks (brilliant from Purdue) and Robert McLean (Un of Tenn but Purdue grad well versed in SAS and very bright as well) I went to Dayton to see what the uproar was with Dorian Shainin. Dorian was a good engineer that was a good trouble shooter using stats "behind" his methods, but clearly not the traditional calculations. What he did do was provide a trouble shooting techniques that people without any stat understanding could use. Since I was using SAS and a more classical background I wasn't as impressed...although I do like his pre-control or narrow limit gaging thoughts for certain operations...stamping being one. I have also used his "variable search methods" to see how the did.

When I got out of Purdue the thought was to change one variable at a time to understand the effects, but that does not get you the interactions needed many times and is not efficient. Instead you should "design" the experiment to test the variables in question with a planned test where you shuffle several variables at the same time. When trying to study variables and "are able to set conditions" to find the best combination available with parameters you can control in the most robust conditions to "noise" or things you may not control (perhaps no environmental control in a new location) I am a fan of Taguchi. His approach is nothing more than fractional factorial experimentation, but his contribution to fractional factorials is having linear graphs and orthogonal arrays which eliminates actually calculating the aliases which is rather tedious and something I haven't touched in 35 years.

I'm envious that you had support for your studies because most of the time people didn't understand the potential of what I could do. It pigeon holed me in and eliminated some opportunity, but I'm also still standing after hundreds were let go.

Typing this I reminded myself that I told some of my group out in New York that I would do a simple ANOVA on evaluating different tires with different cars, locations of the tires and air pressure if I recall and show them the calculations since they were trying to understand gage error and didn't know that as well as Xbar and R charts being ANOVAs (comparing the within ande between variation). I probably should do that soon.

I can relate to this - Six Sigma problem solvers use variable design, Taguchi concept as well as others and I completing agree with your comments (ie There is a time and a place for more rigorous studies, but many of the comcepts to containment and better identication of the root causes, etc.. can be used in any effort.) - In general Six Sigma is a much more rigorous and scientific approach developd by Motorola and refined by GE and was a best in class approach amongst fortune 100 companies. Your post did a much better job than mine of highlighting the intricacies of the effort. Thanks

Reactions: tjreese
All good points. I think we need the variable info on both health issues and on root causes. (ie HOW is it specifically spreading - is is aerosoled?, is in our surfaces, is it from coughing, etc.. how well do masks work to stop it? etc..)

The last I heard Indiana was given machines for the 15 minute tests and a small amount of test kits which they went through very quickly. Yesterday, I heard that the machines sent were supposed to be just for training purposes, etc.. and the more robust ones weren't available yet. I also heard that the majority of these tests were going to be targeted towards the 2,000 plus health care workers, which from a priority standpoint, I understand. However, it still paints a picture of very few test kits for the public unless there is a major outbreak, so when the decision is made to reopen the economy we could find ourselves repeating the same mistakes. Curious, how important do you think local testing is in supporting a "re-opening" of the economy and in local containment?
I cannot answer local testing. I have not been anywhere for a few weeks. Kim gets the mail and sorts it with gloves (have 400)...throws those away...sprays and hand wipes anything I might want to see or touch relative to Amazon deliveries, mail or whatever. Son came over Sunday to bring me some things from Muncie and we were able to talk "outside and several feet apart" as I was cutting down and cleaning up a tree that made me realize I'm not in very good shape anymore and need to realize my clock is expiring. I used to enjoy the physical demands of using the chainsaws and cleaning up things as well as splitting the wood with a maul. Not anymore... :)

Now, relative to GM and Ventec. The major problem right now that would be so simple to fix that it blows my mind and very, very little if any, has to do wiht the function of the ventilator. First GM has not had receiving inspection for years. Parts coming from existing suppliers to Ventec AND new suppliers sourced by GM to the GMCH location for assembly do not have a material cert or a certificate of conformance. This does NOT mean the product quality is questionable, but immediately sent to a non-conformance location...probably 100 parts (20% of the parts?)...and remember for this to happen with existing suppliers to ventec suggests that ventec has not cared for the papers recently or those existing suppliers would know that. Instead, quality locally has placed them in a hold area until the paper work clears them...and anyone with a computer can type whatever. This has resulted in my counterpart on location working every day 12-15 hours a day in many cases in mostly a nonvalue terribly inefficent manner. All those people in GM working with those suppliers should immediately contact the suppliers and eliminate this situation, since it is rare something so large can be satisfied so easily. I spoke up with my boss around 8:45 with this, but this is another example of the blob. Anyway I have no feel for the current local thoughts.

I also learned that the niece (Shanie) of the Purdue Golden Girl (Selita Smith VP of Red Gold) in the fall of 69 (freshman) has died and obviously nobody can attend the funeral. Selita's brother Scott a year younger than me has lost two daughters (the oldest to cancer) and will bury her without a lot of support...
5e922223620e7.png

Last edited:
Surprise, surprise ! - Local headline states: "Bethany Point toll revidses to 22" (From the 24)

Other key quotes:

1.) State Health Commissioner Dr Kristine Box said 24 had died at Bethany Point, then the number was "revised" to 21, then an additional death took it to 22
2.) The Madison county commissioner confirmed that 16 more residents of the nursing home have now tested positive and that all have now been tested. (The obviously scrambled quickly after the problem was identified.)
3.)The Dept of Health is now in contact with each facility every day
4.) Madison county commissioner confirmed they had documentation for 22 deaths, although the state showed 15 !
5.) Commissioner says the differences in the numbers were because a number of deaths were suspected to be related to the virus, BUT . . no testing confirmation was done (ie THE NUMBERS WERE MANAGED LOWER) I guess it was a coincidence that they all died in the same week and the earlier documentation was dismissed ! I wonder why?

More Info:
Anderson has now tested 987 people (versus 254 days ago), with 261 testing positive (at this time) I wonder if they will follow up in a week? (ie 1 test shouldn't be taken to be an all clear.)

Anderson has about 44% of our ICU capacity left. (probably due to the quick deaths.)

Indiana has now tested 44,539 people, with 8,236 being positive (about 18%)
Only 16% of the states 2,872 ventilators are in use. (That sounds good !)
The State also reports that 25% of their ICU beds are currently used by COVID patients

Reactions: Bill4411
I cannot answer local testing. I have not been anywhere for a few weeks. Kim gets the mail and sorts it with gloves (have 400)...throws those away...sprays and hand wipes anything I might want to see or touch relative to Amazon deliveries, mail or whatever. Son came over Sunday to bring me some things from Muncie and we were able to talk "outside and several feet apart" as I was cutting down and cleaning up a tree that made me realize I'm not in very good shape anymore and need to realize my clock is expiring. I used to enjoy the physical demands of using the chainsaws and cleaning up things as well as splitting the wood with a maul. Not anymore... :)

Now, relative to GM and Ventec. The major problem right now that would be so simple to fix that it blows my mind and very, very little if any, has to do wiht the function of the ventilator. First GM has not had receiving inspection for years. Parts coming from existing suppliers to Ventec AND new suppliers sourced by GM to the GMCH location for assembly do not have a material cert or a certificate of conformance. This does NOT mean the product quality is questionable, but immediately sent to a non-conformance location...probably 100 parts (20% of the parts?)...and remember for this to happen with existing suppliers to ventec suggests that ventec has not cared for the papers recently or those existing suppliers would know that. Instead, quality locally has placed them in a hold area until the paper work clears them...and anyone with a computer can type whatever. This has resulted in my counterpart on location working every day 12-15 hours a day in many cases in mostly a nonvalue terribly inefficent manner. All those people in GM working with those suppliers should immediately contact the suppliers and eliminate this situation, since it is rare something so large can be satisfied so easily. I spoke up with my boss around 8:45 with this, but this is another example of the blob. Anyway I have no feel for the current local thoughts.

I also learned that the niece (Shainie) of the Purdue Golden Girl (Selita Smith VP of Red Gold) in the fall of 69 (freshman) has died and obviously nobody can attend the funeral. Selita's brother Scott a year younger than me has lost two daughters (the oldest to cancer) and will bury her without a lot of support...
TJ. with your expertise and being with GM, could you not be of service to this quagmire that is currently going on in Kokomo?

Reactions: MJ-79Boiler
I also learned that the niece (Shainie) of the Purdue Golden Girl (Selita Smith VP of Red Gold) in the fall of 69 (freshman) has died and obviously nobody can attend the funeral. Selita's brother Scott a year younger than me has lost two daughters (the oldest to cancer) and will bury her without a lot of support...

I am SO sorry to hear that ! Sadly that is more the norm right now.

TJ. with your expertise and being with GM, could you not be of service to this quagmire that is currently going on in Kokomo?
I have a counterpart on site that I communicate with and have already spoke with about 3 times today and exchanged a couple of texts and email. Here is the issue the way I understand it. I have not worked with the suppliers for Ventec before. Ventec had a list of suppliers they have used. Gm added to that list with suppliers they were comfortable with. Parts were sourced and the GM sourced suppliers never provided what Ventec wanted in their shipments and in what I understand many cases of existing suppliers as well never provided it.

Ventec apparently never advised GM what their requirements were (were they really required if existing suppliers were void as well?) and since GM has not had receiving inspection for years...the new suppliers never supplied the requirements that on site quality is demanding before using parts. This was discussed with my boss and my counterpart this morning saying the 39 Supplier Quality Engineers in Michigan need to immediately contact their couple of suppliers and open the boxes ready to ship and provide the material certs (saying the material is in spec) AND certificate of conformance (saying it is in spec) to eliminate this problem rather than ONE guy on site trying to solve something that 39 other people that already work with these suppliers could immediately do. The fact that the blob bears none of the hassles probably allows some of the lack of urgency.

FWIW it appears production is more of a model shop mode. One operator (this is the way Ventec does this) may spend an hour building a subset of the ventilator that will be used in final assembly. Naturally that will improve with time on job. It appears that mode will be used, but with maybe 6 people doing the job and with an estimate of building maybe 8 today per shift that would suggest roughly 50 per shift for all 6 people and in three shifts 150 per day or 450/month if 7 days a week. I do not know but expect with a bit more experience that each station will reduce the number of steps for assembly and more of an assembly line will take place than the "job shop" approach today. As I mentioned before this seems very labor intensive and slower than it should, but the big problem other than improving the manufacturing through familiarity (less steps and increased bodies) is the parts coming in without the required documentation

I have a counterpart on site that I communicate with and have already spoke with about 3 times today and exchanged a couple of texts and email. Here is the issue the way I understand it. I have not worked with the suppliers for Ventec before. Ventec had a list of suppliers they have used. Gm added to that list with suppliers they were comfortable with. Parts were sourced and the GM sourced suppliers never provided what Ventec wanted in their shipments and in what I understand many cases of existing suppliers as well never provided it.

Ventec apparently never advised GM what their requirements were (were they really required if existing suppliers were void as well?) and since GM has not had receiving inspection for years...the new suppliers never supplied the requirements that on site quality is demanding before using parts. This was discussed with my boss and my counterpart this morning saying the 39 Supplier Quality Engineers in Michigan need to immediately contact their couple of suppliers and open the boxes ready to ship and provide the material certs (saying the material is in spec) AND certificate of conformance (saying it is in spec) to eliminate this problem rather than ONE guy on site trying to solve something that 39 other people that already work with these suppliers could immediately do. The fact that the blob bears none of the hassles probably allows some of the lack of urgency.

FWIW it appears production is more of a model shop mode. One operator (this is the way Ventec does this) may spend an hour building a subset of the ventilator that will be used in final assembly. Naturally that will improve with time on job. It appears that mode will be used, but with maybe 6 people doing the job and with an estimate of building maybe 8 today per shift that would suggest roughly 50 per shift for all 6 people and in three shifts 150 per day or 450/month if 7 days a week. I do not know but expect with a bit more experience that each station will reduce the number of steps for assembly and more of an assembly line will take place than the "job shop" approach today. As I mentioned before this seems very labor intensive and slower than it should, but the big problem other than improving the manufacturing through familiarity (less steps and increased bodies) is the parts coming in without the required documentation
I'd love to see the operation. I'm guessing it was tossed together without pre-thought of workplace org, or continuous flow of product and that they're now scrambling to organize on the run. I'm also guessing any regard to PFMEA documentation is non-existent and that control plans are right there with other documentation.

And why weren't these 39 engineers visiting these suppliers at least on video conferencing or by face time if not in person?

Anymore it seems I’m in chucky Cheese knocking down one gopher head after another and they just keep on coming with no end in sight. None requires a lick of thought and most add absolutely no value in the “electronics arena”, but can see some value in specialty tooled product which is very…very little of what I have. None add any value in service product…it is all about a procedure and yet the new items are due to new sourcing in service builds that maybe haven’t built in some time. Most of us in industry have seen a lot of people come and go…plant closings, retirements and reductions in force in addition to the movement to Mexico back in the 80s to China more recently. When you work with suppliers, some much bigger than the entire site of your location, they do not stay stagnant. There exists changes in product, processing and site moves in all this product to address before you get into dotting the I’s and crossing the Ts.

Just this morning in addition to my correspondence with my counterpart on site and the issue I previously mentioned I finally was able to get enough information to waive a manufacturing site due to having IATF (International Automotive Task Force) failure due to clerical issues only. However, although this was started in October with the DUN location (an identifier of a manufacturing site) requested and discussed not only in EVERY subject line of what information was to concern what site I found that I received information for a Finland site instead of Indonesia. So my third letter this week to them pointed out that what they supplied was adequate, but not for the site that has always been discussed. What a waste of time.

While I’m writing that letter another request came from Michigan with one of the people charged with addressing IATF issues finding a new supplier that I too need to start to work on. I immediately find the parts received were only in March and nothing supplied for over a year before that…indicating a service build. Since nothing was supplied previously, there was no reason to pull any IATF data. Not that I’m required, but I looked back through the various site locations for this “material supplier” and could find nothing from this location the previous 3 to 4 years although I did find waivers for other locations within this supplier. Going back some more into some folders and a “previously” used qualifier for supplier qualification I found info where I waived this site in 2014 and 2011. No issues, but here I am again being tied up for no reason compounded by the fact that we can no longer upload the certs and control the correct uploads, but now depend on another to do it right or we can work their issue. The motto of the blob is to give you the responsibility to get something done, but no authority to accomplish it. I could go into a whole diatribe into how I work the training required, but that is for another day. Was GM suppose to learn anything from the bailout?

I'd love to see the operation. I'm guessing it was tossed together without pre-thought of workplace org, or continuous flow of product and that they're now scrambling to organize on the run. I'm also guessing any regard to PFMEA documentation is non-existent and that control plans are right there with other documentation.

And why weren't these 39 engineers visiting these suppliers at least on video conferencing or by face time if not in person?

From what I hear and see in some training video GMCH copied Ventec's way. I could be very wrong, but do not think Ventec has or has shared any PFMEAs or control plans (may not even have them in the form we would recognize). There are work instructions and videos, but it is more of a job shop where a single operator does several steps rather than fewer steps and more operators...more of a cell work environment.

Prior to this, I doubt Ventec had a desire to make as many units as desired today and so "their" approach naturally has not been efficient for high volume. Let me also add that the specs I've seen are maybe three or four characteristics max for a part and so generally, there is little dimensional issues to be concerned. As far as manufacturing engineering testing, I noted some training comments for the areas and almost all were exceptionally easy with one area being in depth. In that light I believe there is some calibration issues to be worked out at this time, which should be easy to do

Awww....poor SquirrelGuy. NO ONE whose posts I've ever read on here has mental problems that are evident....
You just have self-esteem issues that aren't getting any better with your incessant need to attack other posters on this forum. We feel sorry for you, but still need you to understand that you'd be happier with some kind of less stressful outlet. How about a cooking class ?
Every thread you have to be an asshole and then look at the 2 fools who like your post. You are a sad demented POS

I do not understand why posters do not use the "ignore" feature on this board. I have at least 10 people on ignore. Why

Ciao herrli.
I will wear that as a badge of honor. A liberal '' I will either ignore anything I don't like or argue like a sick fool '' Great to hear Beth!

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
I do not understand why posters do not use the "ignore" feature on this board. I have at least 10 people on ignore. Why

Ciao herrli.
Only since you wrote what you did and have mentioned being in Italy a few times AND what I thought was a like for Milan...I'm listing a book that "might" be interesting and maybe not? I have not read it, but my daughter just started it (ordered it a couple of days ago and had to stop as it was revealing a bit of a series she was watching. I know nothing about your interests and it will not bother me one bit if not interested, but listing it here anyway to seek or not as it does not matter to me. just leaving it here ;)

Amazon product ASIN B004X7TKWU
51fdVIXg07L.jpg

Only since you wrote what you did and have mentioned being in Italy a few times AND what I thought was a like for Milan...I'm listing a book that "might" be interesting and maybe not? I have not read it, but my daughter just started it (ordered it a couple of days ago and had to stop as it was revealing a bit of a series she was watching. I know nothing about your interests and it will not bother me one bit if not interested, but listing it here anyway to seek or not as it does not matter to me. just leaving it here ;)

Thank you! Will look into it. That is a period of Italian history that is very interesting.

From what I hear and see in some training video GMCH copied Ventec's way. I could be very wrong, but do not think Ventec has or has shared any PFMEAs or control plans (may not even have them in the form we would recognize). There are work instructions and videos, but it is more of a job shop where a single operator does several steps rather than fewer steps and more operators...more of a cell work environment.

Prior to this, I doubt Ventec had a desire to make as many units as desired today and so "their" approach naturally has not been efficient for high volume. Let me also add that the specs I've seen are maybe three or four characteristics max for a part and so generally, there is little dimensional issues to be concerned. As far as manufacturing engineering testing, I noted some training comments for the areas and almost all were exceptionally easy with one area being in depth. In that light I believe there is some calibration issues to be worked out at this time, which should be easy to do
I just received this from a boss of my boss when I worked Chrysler. I know NOTHING of the paper or video. I think I'll cast it to the TV and watch. If anyone has an informed opinion, please share that and why. I admit I have not followed with near the depth of some. FWIW...just got a call from my counterpart leaving the site early...telling me it is such a fing mess with parts being held without documentations...comments from the person that sent the link of which again I have NO idea whether this is any good or not? Please speak up if you can share light on something I have not yet read or watched... ;)
This is a very well documented movie with detailed research on the virus. The

Beginning 25 minutes are quite technical and could be skipped, even with a

Medical background it was over my head. If one were to begin at Minute 25 the

Meat of the research could be learned—If you would like to know what some

Experts believe is happening not only to our country but to the world.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/who-c...mentary-exposes-pandemic-origins_3305798.html

I just received this from a boss of my boss when I worked Chrysler. I know NOTHING of the paper or video. I think I'll cast it to the TV and watch. If anyone has an informed opinion, please share that and why. I admit I have not followed with near the depth of some. FWIW...just got a call from my counterpart leaving the site early...telling me it is such a fing mess with parts being held without documentations...comments from the person that sent the link of which again I have NO idea whether this is any good or not? Please speak up if you can share light on something I have not yet read or watched... ;)
This is a very well documented movie with detailed research on the virus. The

Beginning 25 minutes are quite technical and could be skipped, even with a

Medical background it was over my head. If one were to begin at Minute 25 the

Meat of the research could be learned—If you would like to know what some

Experts believe is happening not only to our country but to the world.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/who-c...mentary-exposes-pandemic-origins_3305798.html
I watched the Chinese writer last night and he swears by this very information.

I watched the Chinese writer last night and he swears by this very information.
I just watched the whole thing and found it very interesting...particularly learning how to cross it across species with testing on primates...I'm unfamiliar with the site that put it on, but the questions it raised are interesting regardless. I just wish there was as much interest is trying to understand how and why it is here and what moves need to take place. Not everybody needs to rehash the projections on an event already in play...some group needs to look at prevention for the next time...

I just watched the whole thing and found it very interesting...particularly learning how to cross it across species with testing on primates...I'm unfamiliar with the site that put it on, but the questions it raised are interesting regardless. I just wish there was as much interest is trying to understand how and why it is here and what moves need to take place. Not everybody needs to rehash the projections on an event already in play...some group needs to look at prevention for the next time...
I just watched from 15 minutes on. Scary shit.

Anderson now has 267 cases and 25 deaths (even though the state refuses to acknowledge it !

It seems, I have awakened the local community to some issues:

- "Although the Madison County Health Department has documentation for 25 COVID-19 deaths, data from the state health department show only 16 such deaths in the county" Anderson Herald, April 15

- "State officials said Monday the difference in the numbers being reported was because some of the deaths were suspected coronavirus and patients were NOT tested !" Anderson Herald, April 15

Are the numbers "under-reported" - YES. The only question remaining is WHY? (All of the deaths in question happened at Bethany Pointe, with similar symptoms AND in the same WEEK !) If local officials are convinced, WHY is the state not using the numbers. (My guess: the local officials are from a different party) This is SAD !

HEADs UP ! !

Local officials in Madison county DISAGREE with state's NEW order allowing for nursing home transfers ! ! !

"Indiana State Health Commissioner Dr Kristina Box announced Tuesday that she has issued an order to allow the transfer of patients who have tested positive for COVID-19" Anderson Herald, April 15th

Notes:

As soon as Bethany Pointe had their first few cases, they immediately denied patient transfers until patients were tested twice in a 5 day period and waited over a week (I believe) The STATE has now officially and legally overruled this local policy

Local officials said 20 of the 29 people who were slated for transfer to Henry county tested POSITIVE for the virus.

IF you have family members at other nursing homes, this NEW order should be a major concern to you !

My View: The STATE does NOT know what they are doing and does NOT have a Serious Plan for Containment. We better HOPE the virus doesn't spread within our state.

Now have 273 cases and 27 deaths. (10% death rate) - The vast majority of that is Bethany Pointe, but I think the community and the state are kidding themselves if they think that's contained to the nursing homes.

The Anderson Herald just released more information after additional research:

1.) 152 long-term care facilities have reported at least 1 positive case in Indiana
2.) State officials claim 119 deaths -That means 25% of the Indiana deaths are in Long-term facilities. (I'd say that's one of Indiana's BIGGEST "root causes" of the spread ! (AND. . was kept off the radar before the digging)
3.) The state has also reported 512 staff members have tested positive with 1 death in the same facilities.
4.) Madison count now has 294 cases and 30 deaths (still a 10% death rate)
5) Now, the Lebanon Reporter newspaper reports that there have been 12 deaths at Homewood Health Services. What's the tie? Well, they are also managed by the same people as Bethany Pointe in Anderson.
6.) In addition, the FEDERAL GOVT has NOT been releasing a count of it's own, the AP is keeping a count of their own on nation-wide deaths in the nursing homes. The latest number is 3,621 deaths - UP from 450 deaths just 10 days ago !
7.) BOTTOM -LINE: The true count of the 1 million nursing home patients will not be known because . .most states are NOT including any death that has NOT been tested. (I WONDER WHY?)
8.) Great reporting from the Anderson Herald today !

Personal note: Given this information, I am sure the same thing is happening at prisons, jails, etc.. I wonder how many people come in contact with all of these people, who then spread the virus back into their communities. This is just ONE example, I am sure, where tracking the "root causes" could lead the nation to better outcomes, but . . I don't see anyone doing it. WHY ?

IF . .they did, we could be slowing the numbers in our communities, saving lives, better utilizing our test kits and getting some people back to work faster, but . . what do we know !

We now have 1 clear source of the spread - Let's see if any of our leaders do anything about it. I personally doubt it. This is mismanagement of a crisis !

Reactions: Bill4411
The Anderson Herald just released more information after additional research:

1.) 152 long-term care facilities have reported at least 1 positive case in Indiana
2.) State officials claim 119 deaths -That means 25% of the Indiana deaths are in Long-term facilities. (I'd say that's one of Indiana's BIGGEST "root causes" of the spread ! (AND. . was kept off the radar before the digging)
3.) The state has also reported 512 staff members have tested positive with 1 death in the same facilities.
4.) Madison count now has 294 cases and 30 deaths (still a 10% death rate)
5) Now, the Lebanon Reporter newspaper reports that there have been 12 deaths at Homewood Health Services. What's the tie? Well, they are also managed by the same people as Bethany Pointe in Anderson.
6.) In addition, the FEDERAL GOVT has NOT been releasing a count of it's own, the AP is keeping a count of their own on nation-wide deaths in the nursing homes. The latest number is 3,621 deaths - UP from 450 deaths just 10 days ago !
7.) BOTTOM -LINE: The true count of the 1 million nursing home patients will not be known because . .most states are NOT including any death that has NOT been tested. (I WONDER WHY?)
8.) Great reporting from the Anderson Herald today !

Personal note: Given this information, I am sure the same thing is happening at prisons, jails, etc.. I wonder how many people come in contact with all of these people, who then spread the virus back into their communities. This is just ONE example, I am sure, where tracking the "root causes" could lead the nation to better outcomes, but . . I don't see anyone doing it. WHY ?

IF . .they did, we could be slowing the numbers in our communities, saving lives, better utilizing our test kits and getting some people back to work faster, but . . what do we know !

We now have 1 clear source of the spread - Let's see if any of our leaders do anything about it. I personally doubt it. This is mismanagement of a crisis !
A few comments. Below I have attached the letter I received yesterday from my dad's nursing home. As I previously noted, they locked things down completely there on 3-4. I know Randy Bufford, the founder and CEO of Trilogy, which has like 170+ LTC facilities in 4 states. He's been very transparent about what they are doing. Ditto for the new leadership regime at American Senior Communities. I work with Dr. Kevin Neese who is the medical director at roughly 30 LTC facilities in IN. Dr. Neese is a hospitalist by training and has worked at St. V's, Community South, and he just finished 3 years at IU downtown where he took care of arguably the sickest patients in the state. At one point he was the CMO/COO at one of the Evansville hospitals. He said one problem is that they keep getting conflicting info from all parties - the ISDH, CMS, the CDC, the NIH, etc. He said people mean well, but it has created a process where every facility interprets things differently. My take is this is just like anything else. The well managed places figure this out and do the right thing, and the places with crappy leadership deliver the tragic results like we have seen in Anderson.

Re how these are counted, my son, who is a Purdue actuarial science grad, actually is managing the death records analytics for the state. This is a new position as they have realized historically, the state has had a major garbage in, garbage out problem with this, and his job is to help clean this up. As I posted last week, there are CDC guidelines as to how to record these deaths. I will talk to him this weekend about this. As you might imagine, the state had zero analytical rigor behind this, and I am pretty sure the idea to clean this up came out of the opioid crisis. Again the state is not the entity filling out the death certificates. They all have to be signed by an MD.

Finally a comment being that I am over 60 and one of the dinosaurs on here. I would not be surprised if I had this in February and was one of the folks who did not have the classic symptoms. I had unrelenting fatigue, rubbery legs and this dull headache. This went on non-stop for over three weeks. Honestly I felt like I had a terrible hangover the entire time. Had I been in a job where I needed to be on my feet, there would have been no way. On about week 4 I came down with what I figured was rotovirus - crippling nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and the worst headache I have ever had. I was in the fetal position for about 60 hours. I had dx influenza when I was HS soph in 1973, and the agony was about the same. I am blessed to have not missed a day since '73, but I missed two days of work with this. After I recovered from this, I gradually got better and am fine now. I work with a doctor who had pretty much identical symptoms to mine, and the college daughter of one of the pharmacists I work with had an identical course like me. I hope I get enrolled in the NIH trial. If not, even if I have to pay out of pocket, I am going to get tested for the antibodies. That will likely cost me about $350. If I don't have the antibodies, I am going to be pretty wary to hang out much, at least for a few months.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm&ogbl&zx=zb1wiwgh2wmh#inbox?projector=1

A few comments. Below I have attached the letter I received yesterday from my dad's nursing home. As I previously noted, they locked things down completely there on 3-4. I know Randy Bufford, the founder and CEO of Trilogy, which has like 170+ LTC facilities in 4 states. He's been very transparent about what they are doing. Ditto for the new leadership regime at American Senior Communities. I work with Dr. Kevin Neese who is the medical director at roughly 30 LTC facilities in IN. Dr. Neese is a hospitalist by training and has worked at St. V's, Community South, and he just finished 3 years at IU downtown where he took care of arguably the sickest patients in the state. At one point he was the CMO/COO at one of the Evansville hospitals. He said one problem is that they keep getting conflicting info from all parties - the ISDH, CMS, the CDC, the NIH, etc. He said people mean well, but it has created a process where every facility interprets things differently. My take is this is just like anything else. The well managed places figure this out and do the right thing, and the places with crappy leadership deliver the tragic results like we have seen in Anderson.

Re how these are counted, my son, who is a Purdue actuarial science grad, actually is managing the death records analytics for the state. This is a new position as they have realized historically, the state has had a major garbage in, garbage out problem with this, and his job is to help clean this up. As I posted last week, there are CDC guidelines as to how to record these deaths. I will talk to him this weekend about this. As you might imagine, the state had zero analytical rigor behind this, and I am pretty sure the idea to clean this up came out of the opioid crisis. Again the state is not the entity filling out the death certificates. They all have to be signed by an MD.

Finally a comment being that I am over 60 and one of the dinosaurs on here. I would not be surprised if I had this in February and was one of the folks who did not have the classic symptoms. I had unrelenting fatigue, rubbery legs and this dull headache. This went on non-stop for over three weeks. Honestly I felt like I had a terrible hangover the entire time. Had I been in a job where I needed to be on my feet, there would have been no way. On about week 4 I came down with what I figured was rotovirus - crippling nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and the worst headache I have ever had. I was in the fetal position for about 60 hours. I had dx influenza when I was HS soph in 1973, and the agony was about the same. I am blessed to have not missed a day since '73, but I missed two days of work with this. After I recovered from this, I gradually got better and am fine now. I work with a doctor who had pretty much identical symptoms to mine, and the college daughter of one of the pharmacists I work with had an identical course like me. I hope I get enrolled in the NIH trial. If not, even if I have to pay out of pocket, I am going to get tested for the antibodies. That will likely cost me about $350. If I don't have the antibodies, I am going to be pretty wary to hang out much, at least for a few months.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm&ogbl&zx=zb1wiwgh2wmh#inbox?projector=1
I don't know if you were aware Tony but Bethany Pointe is a Trilogy nursing home. It always had a good reputation in the Anderson area although it has fallen off in the last few years. I appreciate the info but I think it would appear we are underreporting Covid-19 deaths in Indiana. It makes it kind of hard for Holcomb to know how to make the calls. I have a lot of confidence in him though. He seems like a really good guy.

I don't know if you were aware Tony but Bethany Pointe is a Trilogy nursing home. It always had a good reputation in the Anderson area although it has fallen off in the last few years. I appreciate the info but I think it would appear we are underreporting Covid-19 deaths in Indiana. It makes it kind of hard for Holcomb to know how to make the calls. I have a lot of confidence in him though. He seems like a really good guy.
I've been pleased with Holcomb. When he ran, I thought back to all the times I would watch Indiana Week in Review and all the excuses he'd make about Pence and the legislature. I was thinking, Jesus Christ that guy is going to be Governor, but he's really stepped up. I think that he just had to play the part of hardcore partisan on TV, he's been much more honest in office. He doesn't act especially partisan and does seem focused on problem solving. Of course my views could be affected since we came out of the Pence nightmare and anyone would seem like a step up.

I think he'll come out of this with stronger approvals and more supporters.
Except for maybe these guys.
https://www.wthr.com/article/hoosiers-against-stay-home-order-protest-outside-governors-mansion

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT