ADVERTISEMENT

Zeke gone. Now what?

I believe what you are seeing is painter going after a much higher ranked player and coming in second to some very good and respected programs. he's not losing out to northwestern or UW or Minnesota or Toledo. He's losing out to Arizona, UCLA, Oregon, MSU and Kansas.

I believe Painter would have no problem if he continued recruiting quality 3 star players. And he could build a very respectable program. But he's trying to elevate the program from respectable status to elite status. He's going after some very high elite athletes. unfortunately, those athletes like to either play at blue blood schools or with other elite athletes. They say elite athletes tend to come in packages and/or recruit other elite athletes. What painter really needs is a player who is an elite athlete who can help recruit other elite athletes.

What Painter really needed was a guy like Swanigan or Carsen Edwards to recruit other players to play with him. I've read many posts about IT contacting other potential recruits. I read people hoping Carsen would recruit Romeo when they were both on the US team, but I didn't read much about Carsen actually actively recruiting Romeo. I never read about Swanigan actively recruiting other elite players to join him at Purdue. And that's what happened at Vandy and Duke. the players at Vandy recruited Romeo a lot more than the coaches did. and the players at Duke recruited themselves to all play at Duke. they made it easy for Coach k.

it would also be nice is one of our assistant coaches could recruit.

I believe what you are seeing is painter going after a much higher ranked player and coming in second to some very good and respected programs. he's not losing out to northwestern or UW or Minnesota or Toledo. He's losing out to Arizona, UCLA, Oregon, MSU and Kansas.

I believe Painter would have no problem if he continued recruiting quality 3 star players. And he could build a very respectable program. But he's trying to elevate the program from respectable status to elite status. He's going after some very high elite athletes. unfortunately, those athletes like to either play at blue blood schools or with other elite athletes. They say elite athletes tend to come in packages and/or recruit other elite athletes. What painter really needs is a player who is an elite athlete who can help recruit other elite athletes.

What Painter really needed was a guy like Swanigan or Carsen Edwards to recruit other players to play with him. I've read many posts about IT contacting other potential recruits. I read people hoping Carsen would recruit Romeo when they were both on the US team, but I didn't read much about Carsen actually actively recruiting Romeo. I never read about Swanigan actively recruiting other elite players to join him at Purdue. And that's what happened at Vandy and Duke. the players at Vandy recruited Romeo a lot more than the coaches did. and the players at Duke recruited themselves to all play at Duke. they made it easy for Coach k.

it would also be nice is one of our assistant coaches could recruit.
This is probably your best post ever. I fully agree that Painter is doing what we all wanted and trying to elevate us to that "elite" status and he needs help.

We all wanted Painter to go this route when he was going after the RJ and DJ Byrd's instead. Now that he has a good AD he's upped his game and is pushing us in the right direction.

Anyway great post.

This is probably your best post ever. I fully agree that Painter is doing what we all wanted and trying to elevate us to that "elite" status and he needs help.

We all wanted Painter to go this route when he was going after the RJ and DJ Byrd's instead. Now that he has a good AD he's upped his game and is pushing us in the right direction.

Anyway great post.
Does RJ mean Ronnie Johnson? He was a top 100 recruit.

Boggles my mind how any of these top kids can choose Kansas or Arizona with all the bullshit they have going on there. These are two very tainted programs and will end up ruining alot of kids lives once this whole Adidas thing comes out. Sean Miller and Bill Self are a disgrace to the game just like Pitino.

People keep running your mouths. If he leaves and goes to another school you'll see how well he recruits

Reactions: Schnelk
I believe if you're a one and done type player thinking about Kansas , you probably assume if the hammer comes down, the school will appeal it, and it will take another 2-4 years before any sanctions come down. and by that time, you'll be in the NBA.

or you look back in history and look at UNC and see that after going on trial for their academic scandal, no sanctions were ever imposed, so you expect the same to happen to Kansas and Arizona and everyone else involved.

And those are my expectations. I have to believe when the dust settles, there will be evidence implicating over half of the NCAA schools, and the NCAA will rule the findings are too much and will just do nothing, and grant amnesty/pardon to all of the schools involved. much like the NFL/NBA admitting a bad call was made by an official and taking no action to change the results of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT