ADVERTISEMENT

WTF secondary?

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Palmer has 7/237? Are you fing kidding me?
How do you allow one guy to get behind you again and again? I don’t care if you have to triple team him, quit letting one guy beat you.
That’s firable ineptitude from the secondary coach.

How do you allow one guy to get behind you again and again? I don’t care if you have to triple team him, quit letting one guy beat you.
Kinda got sick of watching the repeat over and over…can you say ‘in-game adjustments?’

Amen...firable indeed...and, somebody should legitimately be fired after all of the problems to date, and, especially after them being even worse somehow tonight.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Luckily, like DiNardo was saying postgame, we don’t see any teams with explosiveness the rest of the season. That may help but it hasn’t just been Nebraska doing this either
It has happened repeatedly...literally has been an issue in EVERY game this year, aside of the scrimmage against ISU (and, there were even some issues in that one).

Purdue lost a game because of it....it was huge in the loss to Penn St., and, it was in position to lose against FAU, Maryland and tonight because of it.

Inexcusable and ridiculous...that it is not only not getting fixed or better, but, was even worse tonight screams that somebody has no idea what they are doing.

It is a combination of personnel, lack of development, and, scheme....but, that recipe sucks.

He has world class track numbers clown.

You are dumb. Be grateful Nebraska is a broken tean, clown. The talent is much greater on the Husker side.

You should view your head coach differently.

You are dumb. Be grateful Nebraska is a broken tean, clown. The talent is much greater on the Husker side.

Did you reply twice to the same post?

Nebraska is completely inept...have gotten what they deserved for firing some guys that they never should have...a program still living in the past.

Did you reply twice to the same post?

Nebraska is completely inept...have gotten what they deserved for firing some guys that they never should have...a program still living in the past.
Solich and Pelini both averaged like 9 wins a season there. Not good enough for Bug-a-ha!

Reactions: DAG10
Cam had a terrible game. We have been playing 1 deep safety most of the season it seems. That beats the run (which is critical in our division) but asks our DBs to be superstars in man coverage (which they are not). Our kryptonite is going to be a team that can slow our offense and burn our secondary. Let’s keep this offense churning and pray for the best. Good win boys.

What does Palmer burning our DBs deep everytime have anything to do with Allen’s tackling?

No Jefferson yesterday was a big factor.

I'd rather stop the run anyway. We won't see another Palmer for the rest of the season. It reminded me of Tennessee and their athletes kept getting behind th secondary then too. Just a matchup problem. But hey, we won so I'll take it.

We have trouble in the secondary. No doubt. We have bad tackling stretches. No doubt.

However, a big part of this is that our DL gets no pressure on the QB and/or the pocket never collapses. It gives the QB the opportunity to pick us apart in the secondary when he has time to make all his reads, some additional time to make all his reads a second time on some of those plays. We were not hearing about our secondary in the first half when the line was putting pressure on the QB.

If it's deemed to be coaching he should be fired.Every week Brohm says we have to fix the play of the secondary but it doesn't get fixed.

We have trouble in the secondary. No doubt. We have bad tackling stretches. No doubt.

However, a big part of this is that our DL gets no pressure on the QB and/or the pocket never collapses. It gives the QB the opportunity to pick us apart in the secondary when he has time to make all his reads, some additional time to make all his reads a second time on some of those plays. We were not hearing about our secondary in the first half when the line was putting pressure on the QB.
Humpich a non factor again

Look, Allen hasn't exactly been consistent this year. I think he's a good player. But the number of missed tackles and times he's been beat over the top is concerning for a free safety.
Allen: gets big interception...

Purdue fans; Allen is Awesome!!!

Allen: gets beat in coverage...

Purdue fans: Allen is the worst!!!!

Tell me I'm wrong.

Reactions: Dennis H.
The secondary coach is the DC. You may be on to something.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin and DAG10
The secondary coach is the DC. You may be on to something.
was like watching a BIG 12 game. I remember about 4 or 5 yr ago I was watching OU at KState. OU was up 41 -14 middle of the 3 rd. KState started throwing long passes for easy TD's and long gains. The game went to the wire like 55 - 52

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin

The talent is so great, that as an also run program, no matter who is hired, you’re a mid level B10 team.

Look, Allen hasn't exactly been consistent this year. I think he's a good player. But the number of missed tackles and times he's been beat over the top is concerning for a free safety.
I was really disappointed a year ago, and, never understood the hype...he has been a huge liability this year, whereas he was supposed to be a leader and provide stability.

He had what looked like a good game against Minnesota, but, it was VERY misleading....the first interception in the end zone, he was totally beat and completely out of position.

He can't tackle...he is slow...he constantly has guys running by/past him (which should not happen).

Reactions: Boiler8285
Allen: gets big interception...

Purdue fans; Allen is Awesome!!!

Allen: gets beat in coverage...

Purdue fans: Allen is the worst!!!!

Tell me I'm wrong.
You are wrong...he has had multiple interceptions that had absolutely nothing to do with him making a play or being good in coverage...the guy is constantly out of position or getting beat...he is not good back there...can't tackle, and, coverage skills are very poor.

Reactions: grm14
Inconsistent is one thing. Being called "a disappointment" and the "worst tackler we have" and "always out of position and getting run by" is just overly emotional even for knuckleheads.
Disagree...he is arguably the worst tackler, he is run by consistently, and, he is often out of position...it was noticeable a year ago in that I was so annoyed by it, and, I absolutely as a result focus on it, as, I just can't understand how he is back there every week.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
He has world class track numbers clown.

You sound like a cornhusker fan. What kind of speed are we talking about?

Second point, and something no one acknowledges in their postings, did someone miss an assignment? Is it possible that a safety was supposed to give help and the corner was relying on that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT