ADVERTISEMENT

Would O'Connell transfer?

It’s very ‘Purdue fan’ of you to call us assholes for having an opinion about how a player has played. You don’t need to use this as an opportunity to prove you are a ‘good person’ by rallying behind the 4th string walk on QB with no offers. Do you know how college football works? Do you think Piferi, Plummer and Alaimo came to Purdue over other big schools to play behind a walk on? No. Go find a different message board to prove how great of a person you are. I’m here to talk football, not Walt Disney storylines.
This isn’t about Disney storylines. O’Connell’s play has him in strong consideration to start. He led Purdue to game-winning drives in two games and had us on the verge of winning a third. I like Plummer and I think there will be strong competition between the two. I’d love for Piferi and Alaimo to also be in the mix. Let the Brohm’s decide who has earned the nod.

Reactions: jindy and NVboiler
Plummers likely been riding a stationary bike everyday for the past couple weeks. Probably will start running after Christmas break.

On a side note, I'm considering buying the wife a Peloton for Christmas. Could I be making a mistake?

Plummers likely been riding a stationary bike everyday for the past couple weeks. Probably will start running after Christmas break.

On a side note, I'm considering buying the wife a Peloton for Christmas. Could I be making a mistake?
Will she use it? They’re nice but kind of pricey.

Big mistake. Buy a clothes drying rack instead and go on vacation with the $$$’s difference between the two. Have heard many times from friends, relatives etc. Eventually, nobody uses the exercise equipment and they start hanging clothes on it.
A fitbit or smart phone app and 10k steps a day does the job.

Reactions: pb1941 and NVboiler
Big mistake. Buy a clothes drying rack instead and go on vacation with the $$$’s difference between the two. Have heard many times from friends, relatives etc. Eventually, nobody uses the exercise equipment and they start hanging clothes on it.
A fitbit or smart phone app and 10k steps a day does the job.
She does need to lose approx. 10-15lbs but I don't want to seem obvious. Thanks for advice

I think you're only allowed to own one if you have a fantastic mountain view with floor-to-ceiling windows in your kitchen. If so, I say go for it!

I think you're only allowed to own one if you have a fantastic mountain view with floor-to-ceiling windows in your kitchen. If so, I say go for it!
I'm easily influenced by slick advertising. That's how I ended up buying the "Uro Club" late one nite. Hollow golfclub, you can pee into

Reactions: pb1941
This isn’t about Disney storylines. O’Connell’s play has him in strong consideration to start. He led Purdue to game-winning drives in two games and had us on the verge of winning a third. I like Plummer and I think there will be strong competition between the two. I’d love for Piferi and Alaimo to also be in the mix. Let the Brohm’s decide who has earned the nod.

I actually thought O'Connell played better than Plummer. His arm seems stronger and his decision making is solid. His biggest weakness seems to be accuracy on the deep ball. But that can be worked on with receivers.

You said:

“There was a post about PROPOSED .... (I'm assuming that translates) .... changes.

But, as it was reported, it's fraught with issues. Especially those sports that have zero or partial schollies.

In other words, last reported, it is NOT the case.

Currently.”

This was incorrect.

I referred to the post. It wasn't something I was advancing. Thus, unless I was wrong about there being a post, I was correct. There WAS a post about that. Unfortunately, for you.

You're too desperate for me to be wrong.

Keep trying.

Regardless of his offers/scholarship status, I believe AOC’s lack of running/scrambling ability/athleticism tremendously limits the play calling. Also did not see many back shoulder plays called while he is in the game which is concerning since this is a staple of the offense. If he wins the job next spring, I’ll be all in on him. I just don’t see it happening.

I actually thought O'Connell played better than Plummer. His arm seems stronger and his decision making is solid. His biggest weakness seems to be accuracy on the deep ball. But that can be worked on with receivers.

As I've said multiple times I love what O'Connell did with his time the last few games and certainly want to see him compete for the starting job at Purdue. He does not, though, have a stronger arm than Plummer and Plummer is also a better runner. Given that the Purdue offense wants to utilize the deep ball often, Plummer's stronger arm makes a big difference.

I hope to see both back at Purdue, battling for the starting spot (with Piferi and maybe even Sindelar) - it's a good issue to have.

Reactions: Purdue85
I referred to the post. It wasn't something I was advancing. Thus, unless I was wrong about there being a post, I was correct. There WAS a post about that. Unfortunately, for you.

You're too desperate for me to be wrong.

Keep trying.
You said that “currently” O’Connell couldn’t transfer and play right away. That is INCORRECT. He absolutely can.

No, my point was there was a prior thread, dealing with the subject.

Goodness, dude. You have it BAD. Take a break from the forum, if necessary. Grab a cocktail. Or, stay away from the cocktails. Do something different.
You clearly stated it was “proposed”. It’s not. It’s a rule.

If she looks like one of the broads doing the Peloton adds.....no, it would not be a mistake.

She does need to lose approx. 10-15lbs but I don't want to seem obvious. Thanks for advice
My real advice. I try my best to do 10k steps a day 5 x per week. Weekends are about half that amount unless there was bad weather during the week. I’ve lost 21 pounds and have been able to keep it off without dieting at all for nearly 2 years now. I’m almost 54 years old and feel much better. I encouraged my 76 year old parents to do the same this past summer so they could enjoy their bucket list Hawaiian vacation. They started walking daily over 5 months ago & changed their diet. Father was fortunate to lose 45 lbs and Mother lost 20+ lbs as well. At the end of their vacation about a week ago, they thanked me for being persistent with them. They enjoy getting out and about in Hawaii and took a few easy hikes that they never would have done while they visited 4 islands.
Also, walking is a good stress reliever to get some fresh air.

Reactions: boiler2288
My real advice. I try my best to do 10k steps a day 5 x per week. Weekends are about half that amount unless there was bad weather during the week. I’ve lost 21 pounds and have been able to keep it off without dieting at all for nearly 2 years now. I’m almost 54 years old and feel much better. I encouraged my 76 year old parents to do the same this past summer so they could enjoy their bucket list Hawaiian vacation. They started walking daily over 5 months ago & changed their diet. Father was fortunate to lose 45 lbs and Mother lost 20+ lbs as well. At the end of their vacation about a week ago, they thanked me for being persistent with them. They enjoy getting out and about in Hawaii and took a few easy hikes that they never would have done while they visited 4 islands.
Also, walking is a good stress reliever to get some fresh air.
How fat are you now?

I completely agree. He looked much better than Plummer and was extremely calm.
His calmness and leader ship are aspects of a good quarterback and really what great quarterbacks are made of

He doesn’t seem to get rattled by the game when it would be stressful for most people. Instead it’s almost like he causes him to become more focused and allows him to “Dig in” He has that “it“ factor.

As I recall the story on him is he came from a really small school so he was overlooked but obviously has all the tools necessary to compete at this level, and who knows after this? All it takes is opportunity for guys like that

As I recall the story on him is he came from a really small school so he was overlooked but obviously has all the tools necessary to compete at this level, and who knows after this?

Adlai Stevenson HS is one of the largest schools in IL with 4,000+ enrollment. They won largest state class fb championships in 2014 and 2015.

Although, Aiden put up phenomenal stats his senior year, you are correct in that he was overlooked by college recruiting services. Kid probably matured physically later than most?

Adlai Stevenson HS is one of the largest schools in IL with 4,000+ enrollment. They won largest state class fb championships in 2014 and 2015.

Although, Aiden put up phenomenal stats his senior year, you are correct in that he was overlooked by college recruiting services. Kid probably matured physically later than most?
Thanks for the correction I was thinking he was from a small school in northern Michigan. I still am very impressed with how he handles himself on the field. Seems very much like Tom Brady the way he goes about his business. He already shows he has the tools physically and mentally so now it will be interesting to see what can happen with the full complement of players around him

Didnt start until his senior year. Most schools have their QBs by that time.

Reactions: jindy and jmohlman
Didnt start until his senior year. Most schools have their QBs by that time.
if memory serves, I remember people wondering how Big Ben wound up only at Miami OH, he only had one great year and that was his SR year and was overlooked.

Reactions: jmohlman
Thanks for the correction I was thinking he was from a small school in northern Michigan. I still am very impressed with how he handles himself on the field. Seems very much like Tom Brady the way he goes about his business. He already shows he has the tools physically and mentally so now it will be interesting to see what can happen with the full complement of players around him

Bit of trivia: AOC actually already has more passing yards than Purdue legend Len Dawson. I'm not saying anything about the relative skill levels, but it just shows how much the game has changed.

Bit of trivia: AOC actually already has more passing yards than Purdue legend Len Dawson. I'm not saying anything about the relative skill levels, but it just shows how much the game has changed.
Not so fast my friend.... over a 3 yr career, Dawson threw for 3,325 yds and 29 tds.
O'Connel has 1,100 yds to date with 8 tds.

Last edited:
Just for the record his ceiling was pretty damn high. In no way did Plummer outplay Sindelar.

The spring(and into early fall) QB competition will be a good one between Plummer, O'Connell, Piferi and maybe Sindelar. I have full faith that Purdue will start the season with a very good player behind center, regardless of who it is. After all, three of the above guys threw for 978 or more yards this year in limited games. If Sindelar could've just gotten another 22 yards it would've been three with 1,000 yards - can't imagine many(if any) schools have had that happen.

The spring(and into early fall) QB competition will be a good one between Plummer, O'Connell, Piferi and maybe Sindelar. I have full faith that Purdue will start the season with a very good player behind center, regardless of who it is. After all, three of the above guys threw for 978 or more yards this year in limited games. If Sindelar could've just gotten another 22 yards it would've been three with 1,000 yards - can't imagine many(if any) schools have had that happen.
Yep. I agree. I think Elijah needs to do what’s right for him.

I have a very inexpensive spin bike from Sunny and use the Peloton app. The app is great, you just have to improvise a bit on the cadence and resistance numbers the trainers are stating during workouts. I use a tablet clipped in to the handlebars. Great way to utilize the Peloton interface at 1/10th the cost and get a great workout. The app also features numerous other workout types besides spinning for variety. Something to consider at least.

Yep. I agree. I think Elijah needs to do what’s right for him.

Yeah, whatever Sindelar chooses to do is good with me. He obviously has lots of upside, especially in a pass heavy offense. Plummer and O'Connell both bring a lot to the table as well. Plummer has a noticeably better arm of the two and is more mobile but O'Connell is very accurate as well and is far better than pretty much any walk-on QB I can remember. Point is that I'm comfortable with any of them earning the starting nod and won't complain with whomever is chosen. I do get a little tired of some posts on here tearing one guy down just to push their choice - they're all Purdue guys, after all.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT