ADVERTISEMENT

Would O'Connell transfer?

You think that was a good arm? Dont get me wrong, he has a lot of the things you should look for, but arm strength isnt one i would attribute to him.
I would argue his arm is strong enough, given his accuracy, poise, and decision making. With the weapons we have, you want the guy who will hit them in stride. But honestly, we will be fine with any of the 3. Nice problem to have.

Reactions: boiler2288
Someone posted that walkons can transfer and play immediately if given a full scholarship by the new school. Don’t know if that’s true or not.

generally, if you're a rostered athlete and have NOT graduated, you have to sit out a year if you transfer. It has nothing to do with walkon or not.

I don't understand this infatuation with Aiden's transfer.

He clearly came here because he wanted to be here. Has he demonstrated an ability? Yes. Do people here think he surprised himself? Oh, hell no.

I don't get this insatiable need to try to borrow trouble. He's a Boilermaker. He's a competitor. If he doesn't get the starting job, my bet is he'll still love being a part of this team.

I get it; this is something to toss around on an internet forum. It's just ridiculous to debate.

It should read Would Plummer transfer?
If Sindelar comes back I think he should consider it.

Wanna revisit this next year? Cause Plummer is about to blow up the spot.

I feel great about whoever wins the job between the two we already have

Sindelar isn’t coming back

Reactions: hops_islands
All these double letters are making me scratch my head. We have Moore, Bell, and Carr receiving passes from O’Connell or Plummer???

generally, if you're a rostered athlete and have NOT graduated, you have to sit out a year if you transfer. It has nothing to do with walkon or not.

He clearly came here because he wanted to be here. Has he demonstrated an ability? Yes. Do people here think he surprised himself? Oh, hell no.

I don't get this insatiable need to try to borrow trouble. He's a Boilermaker. He's a competitor. If he doesn't get the starting job, my bet is he'll still love being a part of this team.

I get it; this is something to toss around on an internet forum. It's just ridiculous to debate.
The infatuation is he went from being a walk on to a proven commodity that a lot of teams now. So he now has a lot more street value that he didn't have 6 months ago. So more or less, he really didn't have options before Purdue, now he will have a lot of options if he chooses.

Someone else posted that there was a recent rule change allowing walkons to play immediately at a new school that gives them a scholarship. No idea if that’s the case or not, but if it IS the case, I would bet his HS coaches will be fielding inquiries from other schools...

Someone else posted that there was a recent rule change allowing walkons to play immediately at a new school that gives them a scholarship. No idea if that’s the case or not, but if it IS the case, I would bet his HS coaches will be fielding inquiries from other schools...

someone said something 'bout something. not sure how that helps with the math, but it'll likely give some coach somewhere an additional 5-10 years to get a transfer.

There was a post about PROPOSED .... (I'm assuming that translates) .... changes.

But, as it was reported, it's fraught with issues. Especially those sports that have zero or partial schollies.

In other words, last reported, it is NOT the case.

Currently.

But, give it another year or two, and he'll have five or ten years to qualify (Your math) and the coaches another 5-10 to evaluate them.

The infatuation is he went from being a walk on to a proven commodity that a lot of teams now. So he now has a lot more street value that he didn't have 6 months ago. So more or less, he really didn't have options before Purdue, now he will have a lot of options if he chooses.

He had options before.

He has more now.

I get it.

Posters on this forum are over-thinking this issue.

someone said something 'bout something. not sure how that helps with the math, but it'll likely give some coach somewhere an additional 5-10 years to get a transfer.

There was a post about PROPOSED .... (I'm assuming that translates) .... changes.

But, as it was reported, it's fraught with issues. Especially those sports that have zero or partial schollies.

Currently.

But, give it another year or two, and he'll have five or ten years to qualify (Your math) and the coaches another 5-10 to evaluate them.
Once again, you are wrong:

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-adjusts-transfer-rules

"Additionally, walk-on student-athletes on teams that provide athletics aid and nonrecruited walk-ons can transfer and play immediately without a waiver. Those rules are effective for students who transfer to new schools this fall."

Once again, you are wrong:

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-adjusts-transfer-rules

"Additionally, walk-on student-athletes on teams that provide athletics aid and nonrecruited walk-ons can transfer and play immediately without a waiver. Those rules are effective for students who transfer to new schools this fall."

No... I know this is difficult for you... I was relating the conversation that took place.

Hence, the statement, "there was a post about ...."

Gawd... you have an unhealthy need to be told you're right.

Okay... you're right (if that helps).

...but you missed the point.

No... I know this is difficult for you... I was relating the conversation that took place.

Hence, the statement, "there was a post about ...."

Gawd... you have an unhealthy need to be told you're right.

Okay... you're right (if that helps).

...but you missed the point.
You can’t admit when you’re wrong. We get it.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
AOC does have a good arm and can be accurate but many times is not....He does not have the a fraction of athleticism compared to Plummer. I’ve noticed Brohm gets almost googley-eyed while talking about Plummer. I feel he is going to be the dude and I feel he is going to make some major noise next year. AOC story was cute and all, but he is not a big ten quarterback.

AOC does have a good arm and can be accurate but many times is not....He does not have the a fraction of athleticism compared to Plummer. I’ve noticed Brohm gets almost googley-eyed while talking about Plummer. I feel he is going to be the dude and I feel he is going to make some major noise next year. AOC story was cute and all, but he is not a big ten quarterback.
I can think of several Big Ten teams that would take him.

Reactions: mediaexpert
If Sindelar leaves, he’s at worst a Plummer twisted ankle away from playing again...

I would not say that. First of all... Sindelar leaving is a pretty big IF... but even if he does, Piferi will be in year 2 and is under scholarship. Are you 100% sure that a walk-on is going to be ahead of the 2nd year player that is on scholarship?

I would not say that. First of all... Sindelar leaving is a pretty big IF... but even if he does, Piferi will be in year 2 and is under scholarship. Are you 100% sure that a walk-on is going to be ahead of the 2nd year player that is on scholarship?
Without a doubt . First of all Elijah is gone. Pretty common knowledge within the team. Secondly AOC led us to 2 wins and was within a caught ball from Wright ( and a field goal) from a 3rd one. Pifeiri can’t throw a spiral yet. No doubt he is ahead next year.

6th year- Sindelar
3rd year- Plummer
2nd year- Piferi
1st year- Alaimo

All on scholarship... why wouldn’t the walk-on be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart?
Why are you assholes hung up on whether someone is a walk-on? The kid just led his team to 3 4th quarter comebacks in the last 4 games. He looked fantastic doing it. Hell, at Northwestern, he repeatedly threw into a 15 mph wind when the opposing quarterback didn’t dare.

I let my eyes be the judge. The young man can play, and he will play.

I didn't state anything as fact. Just related the prior post. If I was wrong about what was previously posted, we can discuss.

Your insatiable need to be right is, again, duly noted.
You said:

“There was a post about PROPOSED .... (I'm assuming that translates) .... changes.

Currently.”

This was incorrect.

Why are you assholes hung up on whether someone is a walk-on? The kid just led his team to 3 4th quarter comebacks in the last 4 games. He looked fantastic doing it. Hell, at Northwestern, he repeatedly threw into a 15 mph wind when the opposing quarterback didn’t dare.

I let my eyes be the judge. The young man can play, and he will play.

I do not think I deserved to be called an asshole Mr. O’Connell

Just to get this blog to the positive side. Can anyone picture if Sindelar, Moore and Bailey did not get hurt and if in the next game Neal came back? Sindelar was passing for almost an average of 500 yards per game. And then Bell joins them. How great we could have been?

One thing for sure is Sindelar, if he had stayed healthy, would have been drafted in the top 10. I don't know how bad his shoulder is, but if he is fine then I think he is the leader next year. If he is not, we are in great shape with AOC. And if he gets injured, we have Plummer, who will do a fine job also.

It’s very ‘Purdue fan’ of you to call us assholes for having an opinion about how a player has played. You don’t need to use this as an opportunity to prove you are a ‘good person’ by rallying behind the 4th string walk on QB with no offers. Do you know how college football works? Do you think Piferi, Plummer and Alaimo came to Purdue over other big schools to play behind a walk on? No. Go find a different message board to prove how great of a person you are. I’m here to talk football, not Walt Disney storylines.

Reactions: IUhaterade
It’s very ‘Purdue fan’ of you to call us assholes for having an opinion about how a player has played. You don’t need to use this as an opportunity to prove you are a ‘good person’ by rallying behind the 4th string walk on QB with no offers. Do you know how college football works? Do you think Piferi, Plummer and Alaimo came to Purdue over other big schools to play behind a walk on? No. Go find a different message board to prove how great of a person you are. I’m here to talk football, not Walt Disney storylines.
STFU, dumbass. No one likes you.

Reactions: BoilerAlumni12
I don’t think “ anyone “ intends to come to a school and be behind a walkon. However if you don’t beat them out, you don’t beat them out. Pifeiri enrolled early and my guess had every opportunity to beat out O’Connell in the spring, summer and fall.... just couldn’t do it. And now will languish behind him going forward.

AOC is starting QB. So far the rest have shown nothing spectacular and sindelar is not coming back. So he is not an option.

Just to get this blog to the positive side. Can anyone picture if Sindelar, Moore and Bailey did not get hurt and if in the next game Neal came back? Sindelar was passing for almost an average of 500 yards per game. And then Bell joins them. How great we could have been?

One thing for sure is Sindelar, if he had stayed healthy, would have been drafted in the top 10. I don't know how bad his shoulder is, but if he is fine then I think he is the leader next year. If he is not, we are in great shape with AOC. And if he gets injured, we have Plummer, who will do a fine job also.
Wouldn't have been great at all. Weak defense, unimaginative offense most of the year, not very good special teams....and suspect coaching so bad 90% on this board want folks fired. That's not a recipe for being great.

AOC is starting QB. So far the rest have shown nothing spectacular and sindelar is not coming back. So he is not an option.
Yeah I guess Plummers 420 yds, 327 yds and 242 yards and 7 TDS against Maryland, Iowa and Nebraska , and earning Big 10 player of the week, while getting sacked 21 times behind a horrendous line .....didn’t show you much. You watch the games?

Yeah I guess Plummers 420 yds, 327 yds and 242 yards and 7 TDS against Maryland, Iowa and Nebraska , and earning Big 10 player of the week, while getting sacked 21 times behind a horrendous line .....didn’t show you much. You watch the games?
He wont be ready for spring.

He wont be ready for spring.
Not so sure about that? CJB said after his surgery in Oct that it was a hairline high ankle fracture. He said there was no comparison to the serious ankle dislocation that Blough sustained and no evidence of ligament or tendon damage.

Im no medical expert but I would think it depends on how many pins/screws were needed? Routine recovery for this type of injury should not exceed 8 weeks. Plenty of time before March practice starts

Not so sure about that? CJB said after his surgery in Oct that it was a hairline high ankle fracture. He said there was no comparison to the serious ankle dislocation that Blough sustained and no evidence of ligament or tendon damage.

Im no medical expert but I would think it depends on how many pins/screws were needed? Routine recovery for this type of injury should not exceed 8 weeks. Plenty of time before March practice starts
Yep. Woulda been ready for a bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT