ADVERTISEMENT

With the addition of the West coast programs, how does that effect the current Big....

Definitely affects Purdue more in football than basketball. However, I think you can say that for most of the Big Ten.
I feel the west coast teams will have to adapt on the hardwood.

On the gridiron, I think there will be some give and take. Oregon the only team coming in with a Defense that has a pulse. That said, all 4 incoming teams are pretty good on O. Is that only because they play such bad defenses though?

I think they’ll have a speed advantage for a little while.

I feel the west coast teams will have to adapt on the hardwood.

On the gridiron, I think there will be some give and take. Oregon the only team coming in with a Defense that has a pulse. That said, all 4 incoming teams are pretty good on O. Is that only because they play such bad defenses though?

I think they’ll have a speed advantage for a little while.
I think adjusting to the West coast time zones will impact the current B1G teams more than most expect. Not sure about the West Coasters adjusting coming here. At least we are on EST and not CST.

I think adjusting to the West coast time zones will impact the current B1G teams more than most expect. Not sure about the West Coasters adjusting coming here. At least we are on EST and not CST.
Fully disagree…unless we are playing at 9am PST on the West coast and in that case we’ve done something wrong schedule wise IMo

They said they were going to avoid those games as much as they could. Most likely it will be the West Coast teams playing here and having to adjust to those 9am games.

Fully disagree…unless we are playing at 9am PST on the West coast and in that case we’ve done something wrong schedule wise IMo

They said they were going to avoid those games as much as they could. Most likely it will be the West Coast teams playing here and having to adjust to those 9am games.
What they say and what the Big10 network and espn dictate are two different things! If espn wants a 9 pm game on the west coast, it will happen.

It should increase Big Ten exposure in southern California and the west coast in general which may have a marginal impact on recruiting, though that can be a two way street. I don’t really see Painter recruiting the west coast hard, but it could open up some opportunities for football.

Reactions: pboiler18

That's fine --- I said, "more than most expect." ... we'll know more at this time next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT