ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue men's basketball Week 2 of Summer practice T&O (thoughts and observations)

Casey Bartley

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 25, 2022
Maybe I'm a sicko, but there's not much better than the first couple weeks of summer basketball practices. It's the first glimpse of freshmen - players who have existed in high school gyms, on YouTube clips, and projected in a myriad of ways. Watching them grapple with college ball, college players, and Purdue's scheme and rules makes for riveting watching.

Last year, it was only Myles Colvin to watch and his time was cut short by Team USA activities. There was a lot less unknown last year, but this year? Everywhere you look there are new freshmen.

However there were two freshman that weren't available. We'll get to that in a bit, but first -

The three freshmen all stood out in different ways - it's pretty clear from first look that Matt Painter appears to have done it again.

The highlights? Jacobsen's size, throwing down alley oop dunks and getting out in transition.

That was good, but it wasn't THE highlight.

Raleigh Burgess being both bigger and more filled out than anticipated? Also he can shoot? Nope, not that either.

It was one play, a tiny play, just a little disturbance in a back and forth offense-defense scrimmage that had my spidey-senses blaring because it's something I'd been looking forward to since CJ Cox committed to Purdue...

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Reactions: RRanney1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News