ADVERTISEMENT

Someone Zach can look up to…

This kid is "just tall" so when he doesn't see the floor or averages 2 points and 2 rebounds a game, people will not understand how he wasn't NPOY

• Haha
Reactions: Roeder
He went to IMG on Julia Edey's recommendation. Painter went to a couple of practices and a few calls. Kid is still growing. Daniel exposed his lack of mobility and unwillingness to follow the scouting report. Those who said Zach was just tall can beat that drum for Oliver. Super nice kid I wish him well. But Daniel did expose his short comings.

I just think it's hilarious that he was 7'7" 2 weeks ago at the U18 tournament but when he stepped foot on Florida's campus he's 7'9". I get still growing but come on.

I just think it's hilarious that he was 7'7" 2 weeks ago at the U18 tournament but when he stepped foot on Florida's campus he's 7'9". I get still growing but come on.
Ok this not throwing shade at Kanon in any way, but I have him seen him listed at 6’8, 6’9 and 6’10 on different sites in the last few days. And then these players actually measured at the combine and be will be 6’7 haha.

Similar to Bronny James being listed at 6’4 and he actually is 6’1. Brice is rumored to be 6’6…then I saw him next to Haralson (also listed at 6’6) at USA camp…Brice was at least 2-3 inches shorter 😂

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Ok this not throwing shade at Kanon in any way, but I have him seen him listed at 6’8, 6’9 and 6’10 on different sites in the last few days. And then these players actually measured at the combine and be will be 6’7 haha.

Similar to Bronny James being listed at 6’4 and he actually is 6’1. Brice is rumored to be 6’6…then I saw him next to Haralson (also listed at 6’6) at USA camp…Brice was at least 2-3 inches shorter 😂

True 😁 Shoes help them grow.

Closer to home....
Do you think TKR & Furst are really 6-9" & 6-10" respectively?

I don't... 6-7"ish maybe??

Welll I think they may be closer to 6’9 and 6’10…unksss they’re on their tiptoes in this team photo from last year:

Could be but I severely doubt it. Players seem to grow a lot @ Purdue from their HS heights. Anyway, not going down the photo rabbit hole. If you think they are legit heights......well great. No harm either way.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Could be but I severely doubt it. Players seem to grow a lot @ Purdue from their HS heights. Anyway, not going down the photo rabbit hole. If you think they are legit heights......well great. No harm either way.
Haha for sure. Instead of players growing, we need them to add weight 😂 (looking at you Loyer and DJ!)

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Sometimes I measure my kids and draw a light pencil line on the inside of our kitchen doorframe, dated so they can see how they grow. Lots of folks do this. Funny thing - if I measure a growing kid in the morning and they want to measure themselves in the afternoon there’s at least a 3/4 inch difference. I’d imagine for tall athletes a few years older the difference is even more.

My point: someone might possibly accurately measure in at one height when measured at the optimal time of day (just out of bed) and be measured significantly shorter leter in the day.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Sometimes I measure my kids and draw a light pencil line on the inside of our kitchen doorframe, dated so they can see how they grow. Lots of folks do this. Funny thing - if I measure a growing kid in the morning and they want to measure themselves in the afternoon there’s at least a 3/4 inch difference. I’d imagine for tall athletes a few years older the difference is even more.

My point: someone might possibly accurately measure in at one height when measured at the optimal time of day (just out of bed) and be measured significantly shorter leter in the day.
So you’re saying, colleges measure kids right when they get out of bed, but the mba combine measures them later in the day?

Is that how Bronny James went from 6’4 all year to 6’1 at the combine? 😂 😂

Good point. Weight from gravity compresses spinal disks and cartilage. When laying prone while sleeping, these tissues expand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT