ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Clingman vs Edey

I felt Edey ate Clingman for lunch in the championship, what's with the fuss about him going higher in the draft , did I miss something????
Not that I'm agreeing with all of this, but...

1. Younger
2. More of a defensive presence
3. Not over-rating the championship game because UConn didn't give him any help on purpose.
4. UConn was so balanced that Clingan wasn't asked to do much offensively.

Now obviously we counter that with the combine performance of Edey. There have been several threads here speculating on the bust potential of Clingan. I don't disagree, but you never know.

Not that I'm agreeing with all of this, but...

1. Younger
2. More of a defensive presence
3. Not over-rating the championship game because UConn didn't give him any help on purpose.
4. UConn was so balanced that Clingan wasn't asked to do much offensively.

Now obviously we counter that with the combine performance of Edey. There have been several threads here speculating on the bust potential of Clingan. I don't disagree, but you never know.
I don't get the age thing. Edey is less than 2 years older. But teams like Clingan because he doesn't require the ball and they watched a guy like Walker Kessler be successful as a rim protector and that's what teams are wanting. Teams may feel they will have to feed Edey in the post and won't be able to play pick and roll with him like Clingan. I wish a team would make Edey a focal point and tell the rest of the NBA to shove it. Surround him with a ton of shooters and a good point guard. What's the worst that can happen? A crappy team keeps being crappy?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT