ADVERTISEMENT

With all the WR departures I'm wondering...

Last year at receiver it was the Charlie Jones show and little else.
Btw. Did Kane declare for the draft? If so we will need to find a replacement. Safety/Linebacker hybrid. I think Stevens was Kane‘s backup this year.

Any of the WRs. Kane and Allen on D.

There
You can’t argue with them on it. Just block them and move on. Even if you can point to examples like Kane and Allen or Sheffield, Rice and Mockabee they will just immediately point to qb or o-line and still blame Brohm.

The bottom line is Brohm always had a good passing game. Even the year Sindelar got hurt and we had unproven freshmen throwing the ball we threw for nearly 100 ypg more than we did this year.

Brohm would have found a way to have a go to wr do well.

You can’t argue with them though. Fingers crossed Walters and staff improve this year. Between transfers and the incoming class, they will have reset like half the roster so no more excuses. He will and should get several more years to prove his worth. Boiler up!

You can’t argue with them on it. Just block them and move on. Even if you can point to examples like Kane and Allen or Sheffield, Rice and Mockabee they will just immediately point to qb or o-line and still blame Brohm.

The bottom line is Brohm always had a good passing game. Even the year Sindelar got hurt and we had unproven freshmen throwing the ball we threw for nearly 100 ypg more than we did this year.

You can’t argue with them though. Fingers crossed Walters and staff improve this year. Between transfers and the incoming class, they will have reset like half the roster so no more excuses. He will and should get several more years to prove his worth. Boiler up!

What BS are you spewing? Go back to the IU board. Rice was good at Purdue... when?
Kane was anything but a good tackler... when? Cam Allen was not good at being in zone, are you surprised he wasn't good in man? Sheffield couldn't beat out Jackson Anthrop, but it's Walters who couldn't get the best out of him...

Reactions: z_one

STFU hoosier lover! All you do is spread venom. You are here simply to be divisive. Brohm is gone. Shut the hell up about a coach that chose to leave. The rest of us have moved on. Either do the same or GTHO.

It’s a crying shame Purdue couldn’t land WR Mylan Graham from southern IN. Rivals has been raving about him for months now.
Getting real tired of O$U coming to Indiana and cherry picking talent. Gotta start keeping some of these guys here!

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
It’s a crying shame Purdue couldn’t land WR Mylan Graham from southern IN. Rivals has been raving about him for months now.
Getting real tired of O$U coming to Indiana and cherry picking talent. Gotta start keeping some of these guys here!
C Patterson recruited and brought Mylan, Nitron, and Braunte on campus for OV. all three committed elsewhere. It was not because of our recruiting efforts. But in the transfer portal age, it is about keeping relationship, because you never know how it pans out with the original destination. Dylan R to Nebraska come to mind.

Northern* Ft. Wayne area.
The Indiana class was stacked with playmakers at the top this year and it is a shame Purdue missed out but that’s a hard get when you have a coaching change.
Would have been awesome to get a few of those guys though!

Reactions: tenwest
C Patterson recruited and brought Mylan, Nitron, and Braunte on campus for OV. all three committed elsewhere. It was not because of our recruiting efforts. But in the transfer portal age, it is about keeping relationship, because you never know how it pans out with the original destination. Dylan R to Nebraska come to mind.
Spot on! I knew those guys would be a long shot but it was definitely nice to see them visit. With how crazy the portal world is coaches can’t afford to burn any bridges with recruits because you never know…..

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
same w/ iowa and mich ( Williams and Edmond)

Reactions: tenwest
STFU hoosier lover! All you do is spread venom. You are here simply to be divisive. Brohm is gone. Shut the hell up about a coach that chose to leave. The rest of us have moved on. Either do the same or GTHO.
I won’t. And I don’t consider refusing to blame our former coach for this year as being divisive.

Walters is doing a great job of reloading talent assuming we get some wrs. There was also positive signs with several aspects of our defense and our running game.

Hopefully we continue to see these improvements.

Any of the WRs. Kane and Allen on D.

There
lol what WRs? Sheffield is the only one who ever did a thing, and he pretty much did his usual Sheffield this year.

Kane had his best statistical season with 79 tackles and 6 TFL. Allen's tackling numbers down in a new role but still had his usual 3 INT.

Keep on making things up in your head to prove to yourself that Ryan Walters is garbage, though. Keeps things interesting around here.

same w/ iowa and mich ( Williams and Edmond)
Edmond committed to Michigan because Mich lost couple corner back recruits to Ohio St. Funny how when Edmond was a Purdue commit, he was a 3* and once he committed to Michigan he is automatically a 4* and 3rd best Indiana player in the 2024 class. i can tell Edmonds like Purdue but can not fault the kid for switching to Mich.
i trust C Walter has a good eye in DB talent. Wisconsin also pursued Edmonds while he was a Purdue commit.

as for X Williams, i read that although he visited Purdue, he never got an offer from Purdue and decided to go to Iowa. I think Purdue felt Meriwhether is a better fit at RB than Williams.

Edmond committed to Michigan because Mich lost couple corner back recruits to Ohio St. Funny how when Edmond was a Purdue commit, he was a 3* and once he committed to Michigan he is automatically a 4* and 3rd best Indiana player in the 2024 class. i can tell Edmonds like Purdue but can not fault the kid for switching to Mich.
i trust C Walter has a good eye in DB talent. Wisconsin also pursued Edmonds while he was a Purdue commit.

as for X Williams, i read that although he visited Purdue, he never got an offer from Purdue and decided to go to Iowa. I think Purdue felt Meriwhether is a better fit at RB than Williams.
yeah, I always get a kick out of that star rating stuff when recruits go to other schools. The other day Cuse got a 4 star from GA and now he's 3 also Galloway was a 4 star for LSU but comes here and listed as a 3 star just to name a few

I won’t. And I don’t consider refusing to blame our former coach for this year as being divisive.

Walters is doing a great job of reloading talent assuming we get some wrs. There was also positive signs with several aspects of our defense and our running game.

The folks that keep bringing up our former coach the most are the ones blaming him for our underperformance this season.

Hopefully we are done doing that now. We’ll see.

Our former coach? Last I looked you are full fledged Hoosier. Who do you think you are kidding? You are the one talking about Brohm. Jerk

The folks that keep bringing up our former coach the most are the ones blaming him for our underperformance this season.

Hopefully we are done doing that now. We’ll see.
Boerik is the tool that is bringing him up. I'm ready to move on, so should everyone else.

Who did I say didn’t play as well this year?

I refrain from bashing on kids specifically. It’s your boy BC who bagged on Burks and others for not improving their PFF scores even though they became much more productive on the field.
Are you illiterate?

I said Burks pff DID improve under Walters. The poor pff stuff was all from his last year under brohm.

Which shows you that Walters staff took a guy with some attributes who has never really done much, and got him to a pff just below payne durham in 2022.

Pff on Burks

2022 - worse than Gregory Phillips, Jared sparks and amad anderson .. not as a person, in terms of what they do on the field

2023 - about payne Durham 2022 good

What… don’t you get?

Are you illiterate?

I said Burks pff DID improve under Walters. The poor pff stuff was all from his last year under brohm.

Which shows you that Walters staff took a guy with some attributes who has never really done much, and got him to a pff just below payne durham in 2022.

Pff on Burks

2022 - worse than Gregory Phillips, Jared sparks and amad anderson .. not as a person, in terms of what they do on the field

2023 - about payne Durham 2022 good

What… don’t you get?
lol. This is moronic. He wasn’t an all American playing behind an All American? You don’t say…

lol. This is moronic. He wasn’t an all American playing behind an All American? You don’t say…
Playing behind an all American? He played at left wide receiver and in the slot. Charlie Jones took almost every snap in David bell’s spot from the previous year. The production on the left side and in the slot was a joke.

Playing behind an all American? He played at left wide receiver and in the slot. Charlie Jones took almost every snap in David bell’s spot from the previous year. The production on the left side and in the slot was a joke.
Yet still won 8 games. Crazy…

Yet still won 8 games. Crazy…
Because of Burks? Not close. You keep falling back on that as a catch all to defend nonsense. When confronted with facts you talked about Burks being behind an all American. He wasn’t. Aidan Oconnell being good doesn’t make you less wrong. Burks 149 yards on 15 catches in 321 snaps had almost nothing to do with Purdue winning 8 games. He never had more than 4 catches or 38 yards in a single game and only caught more than one pass in FOUR GAMES

Save yourself the stress and put them on ignore.

We are about to find out what type of coach Walters is and we all hope he is a good one.

Love that we kept the recruiting class together. Let’s try to keep the good vibes rolling! Boiler up!
You should be on ignore. Why are you here loosier?

Save yourself the stress and put them on ignore.

We are about to find out what type of coach Walters is and we all hope he is a good one.

Love that we kept the recruiting class together. Let’s try to keep the good vibes rolling! Boiler up!
You don’t hope he’s a good one lol

Not at all. Your boy couldn’t recruit dick on defense. Koy beasley would laugh at almost every DB he recruited. Why don’t you go root for Louisville
Because I’m a Purdue fan.

Why don’t you go fight about recruits on other schools board again?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT