ADVERTISEMENT

With all the WR departures I'm wondering...

A website .., and moron, the 15 catches for 149 yards that he had in 300+ snaps playing with Aidan oconnell!

You hate these coaches but they made him into what he was. Deion Burks didn’t look like that working with Dominic Reno. This staff made him into a guy who warrants money. And when you’re Purdue and you have 3-5 million maybe, and Edrine returning, I’m glad they didn’t pay Burks the big coin that he earned. I’m glad they gave it to Scourton, Jenkins, Hartwig, Stewart, wingfield and bouldin
Name calling. Because you know you have no argument.

You’re blaming coaches that won 17 games in 2 years for poor results of a team they no longer coached.

How can that make ANY sense to you?

Reactions: Beorik
RE: defensive scheme

we had a lot of growing pains but would you not agree the defense got better later on into the season. We stopped some of the big plays from running QBs and RB mismatches against our linebackers.

OC is a good player but was not meant for what was required in this scheme. Yanni was much more versatile. Cam Allen was a deer in the headlights often getting beat on man coverage but at the IU game he looked much tighter in his coverage.

all this to say I thought the D played much better later on in the season. I think we are a couple pieces away from a solid D that C Walters is envisioning. More depth behind Yanni. Get the defensive back help with tighter man coverages. Our OLB looks solid and our safety is solid. An Ohio State insider after the OSU game commented how Purdue‘s D will be good. That C Walters has this D in the oven right now but it is not fully baked. The final product was not what OSU faced.

The scheme may need to be adjusted and evolve but it is what brought C Walters this job. I think we will take a big step next year on D.
We got better. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t still bad/awful

You’re blaming coaches that won 17 games in 2 years for poor results of a team they no longer coached.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so hellbent on confirming a prior as you. It’s actually kind of impressive tbh

It’s been 3 weeks since my post. Sooooooooooo how many receivers has Purdue signed via the portal?
you can check on Monday. the Transfer priority has been the offensive line. Had a WR already visit (think it will be Purdue or Norte Dame) and two WR visiting this weekend. should hear something by Monday.

you can check on Monday. the Transfer priority has been the offensive line. Had a WR already visit (think it will be Purdue or Norte Dame) and two WR visiting this weekend. should hear something by Monday.
Kam Brown of UCLA is one of them

We could have won 6-7
This team could have easily won 6 games if not for all those early season fumbles against Syracuse and Fresno st. After getting our act together, we were basically a .500 team. With that said, Hazell’s teams almost won several more games as well if not for a few untimely player mistakes. The Hazell teams were not as bad as many here have indicated.

Lol you equate winning at that moment with long term roster development. 8 wins didn’t mean they developed Deion Burks into anything that year

“The Hazell teams were not as bad as many here have indicated.”
Couldn’t disagree more…
Hazell was 9-33 overall with just three Big Ten victories from 2013-2016. At .220, he finished with the worst winning percentage of any Purdue coach in 95 years.(!)
And many, many of those games were complete shellackings.
Hazell was historically awful.

Couldn’t disagree more…
Hazell was 9-33 overall with just three Big Ten victories from 2013-2016. At .220, he finished with the worst winning percentage of any Purdue coach in 95 years.(!)
And many, many of those games were complete shellackings.
Hazell was historically awful.
there were a few of those games we were close until last half of the 4th quarter, when our defense basically ran out of gas. and there were 2-4 games we could have won. the team wasn't as bad as its record indicated. and there actually was some talent on the team. as for shellackings, every Purdue team has had a few games where the outcome wasn't in doubt.

I was a Hazell hater before he was hired. I will never say he was a good coach. he was in way over his head. I'm just saying, there were a few games he almost won.

what I'm saying is there were two games this year against Syracuse and fresno St that purdue could have won if not for those fumbles, and Purdue could have easily been 6-6 in Walters first year instead of 4-8. and Hazell's teams might also have won 1-2 more games each year.

we constantly talk about what could have been. Sure walters could have been 6-6, but the reality is he was 4-8. the question is, is Walters closer to what brohm was and is basically a .500 coach? or is he closer to what hazell was and will be a 3-4 win coach? looking at the performance of the team this past year, nd the incomining recruits, I'd say Walters is close to what brohm was. I'd say Walters could be a .500 coach. he'd be a lot better if our AD followed the lead of Minnesota and scheduled 3 non-conference games against teams we could beat. 6-6 and 7-5 teams don't really worry about their strength of schedule.

lol. Long term roster development doesn’t exist anymore
How? Explain to me how the current situation makes it so that 8 wins last year means that Jeff brohm had turned Burks into a productive player at all. OR that that was not his job because portal.

How? Explain to me how the current situation makes it so that 8 wins last year means that Jeff brohm had turned Burks into a productive player at all. OR that that was not his job because portal.
Your question is nonsensical.

Burks had more snaps and output this year because he was older in the program.

Some computer metric said he was worse…stats and production (and an SEC offer) said he was better this year.

If you only believe what PFF tells you…well, I can’t help you.

Brohm was only worried about the next game/season at Purdue. As Walters should be now.

Everyone is on a 1 year deal. You may not be here next year, and the players you are developing probably won’t be either.

Your question is nonsensical.

Burks had more snaps and output this year because he was older in the program.

Some computer metric said he was worse…stats and production (and an SEC offer) said he was better this year.

If you only believe what PFF tells you…well, I can’t help you.
15 catches in 321 snaps? Did he do the same per snap in 2022

Why should I care?

Because you are crying about how much better Brohm was as a coach. And yes, Jeff Brohm is a better head coach than Walters. But he had some dog shit assistants: LBs, OL, WR, RB, DBs.

And you are saying the whole team was so much better last year. But somehow, a guy like Burks had significantly more production this year than last. And it's not like he didn't play, he played about 50% of offensive snaps.

Reactions: z_one
Because you are crying about how much better Brohm was as a coach. And yes, Jeff Brohm is a better head coach than Walters. But he had some dog shit assistants: LBs, OL, WR, RB, DBs.

And you are saying the whole team was so much better last year. But somehow, a guy like Burks had significantly more production this year than last. And it's not like he didn't play, he played about 50% of offensive snaps.
Because he became the #1 option. lol. It happens. Guys get older and develop. It’s a damn shame Burks in his second year as the 5th option on the team didn’t light it up!

We just had one commit. Decent chance we'll have one or two others on Monday.
Tulane WR Chris Brazzell has 38 offers including Purdue. 6 foot 5 receiver with speed and soft hands. went to high school at Midland Legacy, Texas. Same school as Marcos Davila. they Might have even played together. Harrell needs to do his Texas magic and bring him in.

Because he became the #1 option. lol. It happens. Guys get older and develop. It’s a damn shame Burks in his second year as the 5th option on the team didn’t light it up!

Ahh ok. So someone improving, "It happens". But when you claim someone didn't play as well this year as last, it's because Walters is a shitty coach.

Ahh ok. So someone improving, "It happens". But when you claim someone didn't play as well this year as last, it's because Walters is a shitty coach.
Who did I say didn’t play as well this year?

I refrain from bashing on kids specifically. It’s your boy BC who bagged on Burks and others for not improving their PFF scores even though they became much more productive on the field.

Brohm is simply cited as somebody who came in and did more with less and turned around a program quickly.

Walters did less with more and out players in a situation to fail to run his scheme…where a better coach would have adjusted!

That said, the D sucked. The stats are the stats and the facts are the facts.

Who did I say didn’t play as well this year?

I refrain from bashing on kids specifically. It’s your boy BC who bagged on Burks and others for not improving their PFF scores even though they became much more productive on the field.

Brohm is simply cited as somebody who came in and did more with less and turned around a program quickly.

Walters did less with more and out players in a situation to fail to run his scheme…where a better coach would have adjusted!

That said, the D sucked. The stats are the stats and the facts are the facts.
You claimed multiple times there were a slew of guys who were very productive under Brohm and suddenly not this year. You were asked to name someone, anyone...and you had nothing. Because there are none. But now you want to spin this into you having the moral high ground and you just don't bash these poor kids specifically. What a joke.

You claimed multiple times there were a slew of guys who were very productive under Brohm and suddenly not this year. You were asked to name someone, anyone...and you had nothing. Because there are none. But now you want to spin this into you having the moral high ground and you just don't bash these poor kids specifically. What a joke.
Any of the WRs. Kane and Allen on D.

There

Reactions: Beorik
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT