ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin

Jan 29, 2023
Tonight at Nebraska - spread has moved to Nebraska favored to now Wisconsin - 1.5. I’m on Nebraska. Let’s go Huskers!

Tonight at Nebraska - spread has moved to Nebraska favored to now Wisconsin - 1.5. I’m on Nebraska. Let’s go Huskers!

Focus, Husker-son......

639507bfabea8.image.jpg

If he and his Husker buddies bring half of the spunk tonight that they had when Purdue visited , we all should be smiling tonight 👍😎

Purdue is still -375 to win the B1G regular season. Wisconsin is +250. And the way we do that bet is that the #1 seed wins, as opposed to chopping the odds for a tie at the top.

That tells me for one thing that we'll be favored on Sunday.

Purdue is still -375 to win the B1G regular season. Wisconsin is +250. And the way we do that bet is that the #1 seed wins, as opposed to chopping the odds for a tie at the top.

solid D on Storrs and no silly mistakes and Purdue should slip out and if so...Puts Purdue in a very good position compared to a couple of weeks ago

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

Wow, did not realize that. Coming into tonight, Purdue was 1 back in the loss column with roadtrips to Wisconsin and Illinois on the horizon. That trip to MSU won't be a picnic, either, with Sparty desperate for big wins.

I haven't looked at anyone else's remaining schedule, but I know Wisconsin is coming to Mackey to close out the regular season.

Wow, did not realize that. Coming into tonight, Purdue was 1 back in the loss column with roadtrips to Wisconsin and Illinois on the horizon. That trip to MSU won't be a picnic, either, with Sparty desperate for big wins.

I haven't looked at anyone else's remaining schedule, but I know Wisconsin is coming to Mackey to close out the regular season.

Purdue doesn't travel to East Lansing this year, IIRC. Trips left are Madison, Columbus, Ann Arbor, and Champaign-Urbana.

Purdue doesn't travel to East Lansing this year, IIRC. Trips left are Madison, Columbus, Ann Arbor, and Champaign-Urbana.
That's right. My mistake. Looking over both remaining schedules, Wisconsin has 5 road games left (Michigan, Rutgers, Iowa, Indiana, Purdue). Purdue has 4 (Wisconsin, OSU, Michigan, Illinois).

A Purdue/Wisconsin split could give Illinois a big role in deciding the title. Purdue has to go to Champaign; Wisconsin gets Illinois at home.

Purdue obviously has to take care of business at home the rest of the way--no small task in itself. Purdue might also need somebody (Iowa? Indiana?) to put on big boy pants and beat Wisconsin on their own floor.

That's right. My mistake. Looking over both remaining schedules, Wisconsin has 5 road games left (Michigan, Rutgers, Iowa, Indiana, Purdue). Purdue has 4 (Wisconsin, OSU, Michigan, Illinois).

A Purdue/Wisconsin split could give Illinois a big role in deciding the title. Purdue has to go to Champaign; Wisconsin gets Illinois at home.

Purdue obviously has to take care of business at home the rest of the way--no small task in itself. Purdue might also need somebody (Iowa? Indiana?) to put on big boy pants and beat Wisconsin on their own floor.

I will say this in trying to be as objective as possible despite the Boilerepherine effects and alum status - Purdue got a lot of help.....and I mean a LOT last season when they were a little bit reeling down the stretch. You never know how these games play out, and the players do know (although sometimes it doesn't always register as is human nature) they have to be ready for every opponent and expect them to be playing at their best. We shall see.....the first part of this week went well for the Boilers, but the task is far from over.......long, long way to go......BUT, the opportunity is there......no question. For the conference and beyond......

They've been behind in the conference standings from the start and are now technically (1/2 game) at the top - how do they respond?

Enjoy the ride, but it will be a roller coaster I expect......buckle up and raise your hands at your own peril.....haha.

giphy.gif

hope Purdue can wrap it up BEFORE the Illinois game

Reactions: DrEss
I will say this in trying to be as objective as possible despite the Boilerepherine effects and alum status - Purdue got a lot of help.....and I mean a LOT last season when they were a little bit reeling down the stretch. You never know how these games play out, and the players do know (although sometimes it doesn't always register as is human nature) they have to be ready for every opponent and expect them to be playing at their best. We shall see.....the first part of this week went well for the Boilers, but the task is far from over.......long, long way to go......BUT, the opportunity is there......no question. For the conference and beyond......

They've been behind in the conference standings from the start and are now technically (1/2 game) at the top - how do they respond?

Enjoy the ride, but it will be a roller coaster I expect......buckle up and raise your hands at your own peril.....haha.

giphy.gif
Well put. Purdue enjoyed a very friendly conference schedule last year and still broke even (or maybe slightly better) against the top half of the league, if I recall correctly.

This year it's a little tougher, but I think this year's Purdue team is better equipped to handle it.

That would be great, but it's hard for me to see it happening. Illinois controls their own destiny to at least a share of the title.
I haven't looked at their exact schedule, but they seem to be a bit more up and down in play and could lose another I'm guessing before the Purdue game. Who knows and outright might have three losses, but that would mean beating Wisconsin twice and losing another. Or do 4 losses win? Lot of games left and all will be tough

I haven't looked at their exact schedule, but they seem to be a bit more up and down in play and could lose another I'm guessing before the Purdue game. Who knows and outright might have three losses, but that would mean beating Wisconsin twice and losing another. Or do 4 losses win? Lot of games left and all will be tough

Nebraska
@ Michigan State
Michigan
@ Maryland
@ Penn State
Iowa
Minnesota
@ Wisconsin
Purdue
@ Iowa

Reactions: tjreese
Nebraska
@ Michigan State
Michigan
@ Maryland
@ Penn State
Iowa
Minnesota
@ Wisconsin
Purdue
@ Iowa
Illinois I expect to drop at least one more before Purdue. Some have said the Big isn't very tough, but the big is not only tough today, but will be in the future as well.

Reactions: wallyboiler79

giphy.gif
Ahhh The Beast. My favorite coaster of all time.

Illinois I expect to drop at least one more before Purdue. Some have said the Big isn't very tough, but the big is not only tough today, but will be in the future as well.
Tough on the road? Yes, I would agree with that. Big arenas that are mostly full, passionate fans make for tough games on the road. Do I think the B1G overall is a tough conference this year? No. The winner this year will most likely have 4 losses at most and there are 3 teams that are able to do that. The rest of the 11 are just a bunch of either decent, marginal or just plain bad teams. The B12, that is a tough conference this year. JMO

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT