ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin

Any thoughts to the badgers being an early 3 point favorite? Just for the money or do they think last weekend was a fluke?
Was going to ask the same thing. Unranked Wisconsin visiting ranked Purdue at -3? Plus Wisconsin just played a triple option team. I hate to bet on Purdue (usually can’t get past the emotional influence), but this one looks good!

Reactions: purduepat1969
Vegas must think they are returning to form and have a good defense. maybe not sold on the matchup that Purdue has traditionally struggled with. I personally think it’s about even.

Purdue defense is as good as it’s been. We will need to throw for 300 and limit turnovers. Wisconsin defense is really good. Probably similar to the Oregon St defense but with a better front 7.

I fully expect this to be a very close game.

On offense, we need to limit TOs and score efficiently in the red zone. On defense we have to stop the run and force Mertz to beat us thru the air.

14 in a row
Fourteen
If we think we’ve got Iowa’s number, then Wisconsin has Purdue’s…
Need to break that streak before we can expect to be favored. At home, on the road, or on the moon.

Reactions: pboiler18
Vegas must think they are returning to form and have a good defense. maybe not sold on the matchup that Purdue has traditionally struggled with. I personally think it’s about even.

Purdue defense is as good as it’s been. We will need to throw for 300 and limit turnovers. Wisconsin defense is really good. Probably similar to the Oregon St defense but with a better front 7.
Not only that it’s big. Because of the way Wisconsin does things, all of Kieran Douglas’ strengths will come to the forefront.. Johnson and Jenkins have plenty of size compared to some boilermaker NTs and DEs past.. karlaftis is an obvious mismatch and then I think this is the game where you play Demarje Lewis a lot. His size will mess with Wisconsin

This is also a game where Marvin grant is gonna get spotlighted by the announcers

I fully expect this to be a very close game.

On offense, we need to limit TOs and score efficiently in the red zone. On defense we have to stop the run and force Mertz to beat us thru the air.
we used the pump fake by the QB about 4 times yesterday for some success, like to see the flea flicker make a comeback in the O for Wisky

Reactions: TheGunner
Wisky D line is really good. Probably not a good matchup for us. Will need an effort from our Oline like last game

Wisky D line is really good. Probably not a good matchup for us. Will need an effort from our Oline like last game
I think you’re right. Comparable to Oregon St but total front 7 is better IMO.

Their OL and RB’s aren’t quite the players they’ve been in the last few years. They don’t suck by any means, but J Taylor was a beast!

I think you’re right. Comparable to Oregon St but total front 7 is better IMO.

Their OL and RB’s aren’t quite the players they’ve been in the last few years. They don’t suck by any means, but J Taylor was a beast!
Oregon states DL was by far the weakest part of their team lol

I understand how spreads are created and move. I also understand that the Wisconsin QB is not very good and that their offense has suffered as a result. On the road against a defense like Purdue's is not a good thing for Wisconsin. I like Purdue and the points.

They were pretty fast and
Quick defense that is very active. Both play the 3-4. I believe some of the OSU staff, including d coordinator coached at Wisconsin. I believe they recruit for the same system.

As I said earlier, Wisconsin’s is better.

The biggest issue with Iowa's D was playing man coverage on Bell. I doubt Wisconsin makes that mistake.

I just told a Purdue grad I think we win a close one. He asked why and I was like “check out George’s laugh when they asked him if the defense was getting enough respect” lol

I think the fact that Wiscoldsin has beat us 150 years in a row* is the major factor.

*my son-in-law from there reminds me every time I see him (note to self - write him out of my will)

this may be the most truthful and funniest thing I'll read all day!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT