ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin fans

FirstDownB

All-American
Oct 12, 2015
Are there any lurking here in the shadows? Huge difference from last week when there was quite a bit of back and forth with Iowa fans in the lead up to the game. Where is the enthusiasm? Have Badger fans already moved on?

They have beat us 20 times in a row so they are already on the board of next week's opponent

I think any enthusiasm Badger fans had left disappeared in the 4th quarter of that Notre Dame game. Our promising young quarterback, the highest one we've ever successfully recruited, hasn't performed well since his collegiate debut last season. The home loss to Michigan the following week was humbling. Our close win over Army last week, didn't do much to raise our enthusiasm. I think a good showing by Mertz and a road victory against a ranked division opponent would go a long way in building some excitement going forward the rest of the season. Terrific win last week for the Boilermakers! I'm ever hopeful, but not expecting a win on Saturday. Good luck!

Being a group of open-minded individuals that love God, country, Purdue, and family, I welcome anyone who wants to discuss upcoming games, enjoy friendly bantering, share some analysis, and take a little ribbing.

No a-holes needed spewing a bunch garbage as we have a Biden for that.

Are there any lurking here in the shadows? Huge difference from last week when there was quite a bit of back and forth with Iowa fans in the lead up to the game. Where is the enthusiasm? Have Badger fans already moved on?
They don’t have an active rivals presence. I posted another link to a forum where they call us below average and one fan wishes they will cut George the way we cut Erasmus (his words)… if you search Wisconsin boards its the tapatalk one, “Wisconsin minus 3 v Purdue” post 10

Hopefully they’ll want to talk football on the football board and check their political turds at the door

Reactions: FirstDownB
I think any enthusiasm Badger fans had left disappeared in the 4th quarter of that Notre Dame game. Our promising young quarterback, the highest one we've ever successfully recruited, hasn't performed well since his collegiate debut last season. The home loss to Michigan the following week was humbling. Our close win over Army last week, didn't do much to raise our enthusiasm. I think a good showing by Mertz and a road victory against a ranked division opponent would go a long way in building some excitement going forward the rest of the season. Terrific win last week for the Boilermakers! I'm ever hopeful, but not expecting a win on Saturday. Good luck!
Thanks for stopping by. What is the story on Mertz anyway? Thought he looked decent last year. Has he been hanging out with Tanner Morgan and Michael Penix? Let me just say from this Purdue fan's perspective it doesn't matter if Wisconsin is 0-6 or 6-0 I don't feel comfortable with this matchup.

I live in Madison and there is no local enthusiasm with this team. There seems to be some internal stuff happening with the team.

They have lost RB depth with 3 leaving the program in the past few months. Mertz can't run the offense effectively, for whatever reason. He has been very active with NIL activities including making his own logo which has backfired on his due to his poor performance (2 TD, 7 INT).

Their defense seems legit enough to make this similar to the Iowa game. It is our best chance to snap the streak, was at the game in the UW student section when we won in 2003 , one of the best moments (and most taunted) in my life.

Reactions: FirstDownB
I live in Madison and there is no local enthusiasm with this team. There seems to be some internal stuff happening with the team.

They have lost RB depth with 3 leaving the program in the past few months. Mertz can't run the offense effectively, for whatever reason. He has been very active with NIL activities including making his own logo which has backfired on his due to his poor performance (2 TD, 7 INT).

Their defense seems legit enough to make this similar to the Iowa game. It is our best chance to snap the streak, was at the game in the UW student section when we won in 2003 , one of the best moments (and most taunted) in my life.
Let's just hope they don't find that mojo this week. I agree, this is our chance to break the streak/curse, and this Purdue team should be hungry for a win against these guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT