ADVERTISEMENT

Loyer and Furst

Bleedinggoldandblack

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2012
The Watchtower
Would love to see these two back to their earlier in the season scoring...

Was watching Loyer on D today more so normal and he is standing often flat footed and reactive which is often "to late", when he is scoring 12-15 , at least there is some trade off with his weaker D...what's up with him ?

Furst played stronger last year Nov - Dec....same this year, just his 8-10 make a huge difference in a game.

Combined there 22+ pt avg has been huge and MI A. lately..

Even if the guys shot their average score for the game it would have huge impact on scoring....will need them in the Tournament.

Loyer is rumored to be nursing a sore calf muscle.

He has to be bruised quite a bit - he seems to have hit the floor multiple times every game......only guy I can remember recently going down that much was Jaden Ivey, but via vastly different routes.

Hopefully, the fresh start in NCAA tourney allows him to relax a little.

Fletch and Smitty have definitely received Big Ten baptism by fire, but they have battled admirably and then some......plus, two freshman starters on a Big Ten championship team - doesn't happen often for Purdue.

Hope the hit Furst took from Hawkins is reviewed by the conference. No whistle. Dangerous play to Caleb. No call. Bull.
BigTen officiating has been brutal all season long, it’s like their whistles are ran by a light switch. Frustrating to watch no calls on plays like that especially when a player could of severely got hurt!

He has to be bruised quite a bit - he seems to have hit the floor multiple times every game......only guy I can remember recently going down that much was Jaden Ivey, but via vastly different routes.

Fletch and Smitty have definitely received Big Ten baptism by fire, but they have battled admirably and then some......plus, two freshman starters on a Big Ten championship team - doesn't happen often for Purdue.
Not sure it has ever happened???

Hope the hit Furst took from Hawkins is reviewed by the conference. No whistle. Dangerous play to Caleb. No call. Bull.
I may have to see the play again but to me it looked like a basketball play and Hawkins got on the floor to get the ball. If we had some of that hustle in the 2nd half it wouldn't have gotten where it got.

Reactions: DannyGranger
Not to mention he only knows defense and will never allow a free scoring offense. Drives me crazy.
Doesn't he know he'll never get those top 10 studs that can get their own shot?

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I may have to see the play again but to me it looked like a basketball play and Hawkins got on the floor to get the ball. If we had some of that hustle in the 2nd half it wouldn't have gotten where it got.
agree 100%

good one Tex, I was going to mention the resemblance to Ivey and his hitting the floor to draw the officials attention to call a foul. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT