ADVERTISEMENT

Does Brees still have a role in the program?

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
He's obviously fostering a relationship with Walters, and I've seen him on social media quite a bit lately. And haven't seen him back with PointsBet. Is there a position he can/will fill in the football office?

He could be a Quality Control Analyst. Doubt if he is, but that would be a possibility. Thought he answered that with his kids growing up, he wanted to be a part of their lives "after" the bowl game so I suspect he is not on or associated to the staff.

He's obviously fostering a relationship with Walters, and I've seen him on social media quite a bit lately. And haven't seen him back with PointsBet. Is there a position he can/will fill in the football office?

Sounds like he has a role in the Boilermaker Alliance / NIL. I don't think it's necessary for him to be involved in any way other than that. We have a coach and a staff. Let them work the way they want to.

Sounds like he has a role in the Boilermaker Alliance / NIL. I don't think it's necessary for him to be involved in any way other than that. We have a coach and a staff. Let them work the way they want to.
Let's forward this response to OP on to Drew. Sure he would appreciate.

Go right ahead. Doesn't bother me. He's done great things for the program. But Walters is the coach. If Walters wants him involved, I'm sure he'll be involved...
Done great things for the program. Kind of an understatement. I do not think Drew Brees would do anything to undermine Coach Walters.

Done great things for the program. Kind of an understatement. I do not think Drew Brees would do anything to undermine Coach Walters.

I never said he would...but go ahead and put words in my mouth if that makes you feel better...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT