ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson sparks Purdue (link)

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Hard to have a much better individual performance than that. Wilson is playing exceedingly well ...

Link: Win

Shades of men's loss to Iowa, for a hot minute, looked like the women were going to do a Yogi deja vu all over again. But they prevailed after missing way more FTS than usual. Again going into slow down mode for a team that always looks for transition almost cost them. But a win is a win. Nice to see Wilson really come into her own as a senior. She is definitely playing at a BT first team level. This team mostly plays good D and is fun to watch. Still wish we had some shooters.'
On a side note, disturbing to lose Bodnar, Moore, and now probably Hall. Down the line, that will really hurt. Also wonder why KIsler did not play, as she seemed to be doing well. Kyle?

Shades of men's loss to Iowa, for a hot minute, looked like the women were going to do a Yogi deja vu all over again. But they prevailed after missing way more FTS than usual. Again going into slow down mode for a team that always looks for transition almost cost them. But a win is a win. Nice to see Wilson really come into her own as a senior. She is definitely playing at a BT first team level. This team mostly plays good D and is fun to watch. Still wish we had some shooters.'
On a side note, disturbing to lose Bodnar, Moore, and now probably Hall. Down the line, that will really hurt. Also wonder why KIsler did not play, as she seemed to be doing well. Kyle?

Think it was just a matchup issue and Thornton and Horrocks were playing well. White can step out on perimeter and shoot or drive, not the best scenario for Kiesler.

Wilson is playing the point guard position the best I can remember it being played at Purdue under Versyp. Refreshing to see someone doing a good job taking care of the ball while still setting up her teammates. Great guard play can cover up so many other problems.

Wilson is playing the point guard position the best I can remember it being played at Purdue under Versyp. Refreshing to see someone doing a good job taking care of the ball while still setting up her teammates. Great guard play can cover up so many other problems.

This bears repeating. Certainly an all-conference type player thus far. Going to be tough attempting to replace her next year.

IMHO, I think Bodnar was home sick for the Utah-Mormon area. Moore may have been an academic casualty, or at least close to one. Hall did not have the skill to consistently play at this level, and sat behind too many better players, this year and next. I liked Moore's game, but she seemed cut in the mold of several other good players from inner city schools that had such poor high school preparation for Purdue's athletics. We have seen this before a couple times. I did not ever see Bodnar's game, so I can't comment on the loss, except that she did not play much when here (Injuries?).

Bodnar redshirted due to injuries. Homesickness was a factor it appears. Had she stayed between her, Horrocks and Kisler, one would not have played much. Maybe she saw that.

Bodnar redshirted due to injuries. Homesickness was a factor it appears. Had she stayed between her, Horrocks and Kisler, one would not have played much. Maybe she saw that.
You find out in practice, pretty quick, where you stand with regard to those you compete against. I know Bodnar was not able to practice, but it maybe she could tell just watching. I do think Hall figured that out, and that is why she is gone.

I wish all those kids the best of luck where ever they land.
:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT