ADVERTISEMENT

Updated season odds

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
Purdue +1600 to win the title. Tied for 7th best odds. Houston top at +625.

Purdue +400 to go to the Final 4.

Edey -148 to win the Wooden. Next is Jalen Wilson at +700.

Big 10 Regular season title (ties go to #1 seed)
Purdue -150
Ohio State +700
Michigan St +800
Rutgers +900
Illinois +1200
Indiana +1500
Wisconsin +2000
Northwestern +2500
Maryland +3200
Iowa +4000
Michigan +4000
Penn St +5000
Minnesota +20000
Nebraska +20000

So ties going to #1 means that the #1 seed in the BTT is the official winner of the B1G for settling this bet?

So ties going to #1 means that the #1 seed in the BTT is the official winner of the B1G for settling this bet?
Yes, which surprises me since most things like that go to what we call "dead heat rule" which is essentially a chop of the odds by the number of teams tied. Used a lot in golf.

Yes, which surprises me since most things like that go to what we call "dead heat rule" which is essentially a chop of the odds by the number of teams tied. Used a lot in golf.

Golf wagers can be really interesting and complicated from what I've seen. What were the odds for Jon Rahm going into the back nine yesterday @ Kapalua?

We play 6 out of first 10 B1G games on the road (counting the Palestra as a road game). We have won the first 3. If we win 2 out of the next 3, we are in great shape.

Golf wagers can be really interesting and complicated from what I've seen. What were the odds for Jon Rahm going into the back nine yesterday @ Kapalua?
Unfortunately I can't see things like that after the fact, but it had to be huge.

Have you heard of a "Straight Forecast" for golf? It's picking 1-2 in exact order in a golf tournament. It's hard enough to get the winner! We had a guy last year hit one in that Mexico tournament where Rahm was an enormous favorite. We were lucky that Finau ended up in a 3-way tie for 2nd so the payout was only 1/3 of what it would have been.

Unfortunately I can't see things like that after the fact, but it had to be huge.

Have you heard of a "Straight Forecast" for golf? It's picking 1-2 in exact order in a golf tournament. It's hard enough to get the winner! We had a guy last year hit one in that Mexico tournament where Rahm was an enormous favorite. We were lucky that Finau ended up in a 3-way tie for 2nd so the payout was only 1/3 of what it would have been.

Had not heard that particular one, Chi-Boiler....good to know.

Of course with the purses now, those guys, themselves, can have huge swings of cash on the line with every putt coming down the stretch. Morikawa spent a small fortune on 14-16 yesterday......but he did find something with his putting this week perhaps.

ADVERTISEMENT