ADVERTISEMENT

Ava Learn leads Purdue to victory over Wisconsin

And like as not she will get 5 or so minutes next few games...... I do not understand KG's coaching and player rotations..........

And like as not she will get 5 or so minutes next few games...... I do not understand KG's coaching and player rotations..........
I was really happy to see her play as much as she did, and she balled out! She runs the floor faster than Harper or Woltman, so she gives a different option inside (and on breaks) for scoring. For not being as “stout” as those two, she still seems pretty fearless about mixing it up and fighting for position and rebounds. I like her energy!

I don’t recall seeing her get many minutes in the last game, and was disappointed. Sure hope she sees the floor more. Good instincts from my amateur POV.

Ava Learn's breakout performance leads Purdue to a 73-61 win over Wisconsin to kick off 2023.

Interesting that today is the first day on the job for Purdue’s new President Mung Chiang and 2 of his first 3 tweets are about Purdue WBB. (He attended the game.)

Last edited:
Interesting that today is the first day on the job for Purdue’s new President Mung Chiang and 2 of his first 3 tweets are about Purdue WBB. (He attended the game.)

Reactions: DocRon
A good win and fun game to watch. A nice bounce back after a subpar effort at Iowa. Pretty much everyone contributed and had positive moments. Ava Learn definitely earned a game ball with her 2nd half play. Another tough but winnable game up next on Saturday at Penn State.

She also picked up 3 fouls in her limited playing time as well. Still struggling with playing defense and staying out of foul trouble.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT