ADVERTISEMENT

Will Stephen Herron Flip?

LonestarBoilerFan

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2017
Just throwing this out there for thought and discussion. Now a while back rumors were being told on the net that Herron might flip his commitment from Michigan to Standford if my memory serves me.

Today Gold & Black Illustrated put out an article on DE's that Purdue is actively recruiting and it mentions Herron. The article states, "The Michigan commitment is known to be reciprocating interest from Purdue."

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/recruiting-focus-defensive-end-3

There are several DE's from that article that would be great to get, but it would be quite something if Coach Brohm could get him to flip to Purdue. Imagine us getting two top 15 DE prospects in the same class!

First we need to hold on to Karlaftis, not allowing Michigan to steal him away, and then we need to steal Herron away from Michigan! Now this would be every Boilermakers dream come true!
Something tells me Brohm is playing a bit of chess with the borderline sociopathic Harbough. A “You keep chasing my commits and I will keep chasing yours” type of deal. I wish Painter had a bit of this mentality in him.

You see this more in football than you see in basketball. Once a recruit verbals, most programs seem to back off in basketball. There are exceptions to that rule of course.

Football programs continue to go after verbals until they sign. That is why I am glad they did the early December signing period.

I am not saying one is better than the other, but they are different.

You see this more in football than you see in basketball. Once a recruit verbals, most programs seem to back off in basketball. There are exceptions to that rule of course.

Football programs continue to go after verbals until they sign. That is why I am glad they did the early December signing period.

I'll come out and say it then - basketball is better. football is much dirtier.

Reactions: ejs1111

I think it only seems this way due to football needing a lot more players.

Reactions: Purdue11
https://n.rivals.com/news/live-from-nashville-area-s-best-turn-out-for-rivals-3-stripe-camp

Says he talks with them at least once per week, but he is definitely with Michigan.

Michigan will get an official visit.
Stanford will get an official visit.
The interviewer did not ask him about Purdue; however, when asked about official visits he said "Definitely Michigan and I'm still considering considering some other places just to make sure my choice is right."

When asked about Standford:
*Standford talks to him 2-3 times per week.
*They came out 3 or 4 times to visit him during spring ball.
*Sends him a lot of stuff.

Sounds a lot like Karlaftis' answer. Who knows what is going through these guys heads. I don't blame them taking the visits though. I still think we get Karlaftis and hope we somehow flip Herron.

IMO,Gk is hedging in case brohm leaves. Anyone remember Melvin McCants taking official visits to places he wanted to see during his recruitment?

Let gk enjoy it

Reactions: ChuckJr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT