ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcats take advantage of Purdue's foul trouble, youth (link)

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Michigan State and Penn State this week. Purdue won't be the favorite in either, even at home ...

Link: Loss

Noticing how few comment there are any more on this site as the reality on the court makes comments prob pretty irrelevant. Now I am tipping over to the Des side and thinking that the AD needs to move on from Versyp after defending her for years. I am well aware that it is not impossible for this season to turn around but I think that just means, at best, a winning record and an NIT bid. Very doubtful for the Dance now. Yesterday was a horrid game for the Boilers. After the first seven minutes when they actually looked like the better team, they fell apart on every level and it was an embarrassing performance. Unless something truly radical happens, the season will go down hill. Versyp pointing at her youth and injuries just seems like saying what you have to when your team is skunked and plays so uninspired. The myriad unforced TO's were the worst, perhaps matched by the complete lack of an inside game on offense or defense. Although they are young, the kind of talent coming in next year is so uncertain, that it could easily be more of the same.
It will be interesting to see how Bobinski responds and it will tell us a lot about his thoughts about the non-revenue sports. The WBB performance this season it appears will open the door for a change and we can only guess if that will happen. But, if we intend to have even a BT competitive program now, it appears that change has to happen.

People can come here and complain after each game but what good does that do. All the regulars here have hashed this out over and over and we know where everyone stands at this point. I'm just going to keep watching and hope for the best.

Sounds good, not much more that can be done. This was pivotal for me though. Unless there is a significant turn around, I am not in Coach V's camp anymore. I do not think she is a terrible coach at all, but the program just seems to be slipping. Would like to see better, a fresh start, but no guarantees that it will get better with a new coach. And i am a fair weather fan. If they really go down, I will not watch any more like football. Don't like to watch bad play. But I will watch Brohm at the beginning because I will want to see indications that he knows how to coach and recruit. I think he was a good hire and will get us at least to middle level BT. As a fan, all I require is a team that plays hard and smart win or lose. No longer true for WBB it seems.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT