ADVERTISEMENT

Why are American liberals opposed to voter ID

People vote early to avoid long lines on election day. I vote early all the time. Most democrats do and that is why the repubs are restricting it. It is not rocket science. Restricting Sunday voting is definitely targeted against blacks. Blacks enjoyed voting on Sundays and called it "Souls to the Polls". So where is the fraud or potential fraud on voting on Sundays?

There is potential fraud no matter what voting method you have. However, unless there are issues, which are far and few in between then there is no reason to change it. Just like any other voter fraud case, you investigate and prosecute like what has been done for decades.
Church bus don't run on Saturday.....(once every 4 years)

I don't think requiring an ID hurts demographics. I think taking away tried and true methods of voting is what hurts certain demographics. Reducing the number of polling sites , shrinking the number of days to vote before election day, etc. Those absolutely impact certain demographics. You're free to disagree.

The military uses mail-in voting. Multiple states have used mail-in voting for years with no issues. Yet those are the kinds of things people want taken away.

I would personally love the option of folks being able to vote online. A specific ID/password/PIN combo or something to that effect so even those who don't have physical access to a polling site would have the ability to vote. Yes, that would require all kinds of security, etc but it's not like the technology doesn't exist.

Voting options should be expanded, not restricted. I believe that should be the case for everyone.
I'm in favor of online voting as well. And although we trust all our personal finances and money to be managed online (although that's been proven to be susceptible to fraud also), it would require bipartisan support over the security and tech.

I'm not for making voting 'easier'. Voting is a privelege that needs to be taken seriously, not a matter of convenience.
The implication is that some of these enhanced integrity measures impact minorites in urban areas. But, do they also impact people in rural areas (the Mts of WVA or PA?)

My opinion has been and will continue to be, that if voting is important, then people will find a way to do so, within the law, where they're allowed to do so. Even if that requires them to exert a little extra effort once every 4 damn years.

Reactions: Chris P Bacon
Uh Yeah, like the 2020 election was stolen?
and where has our Country gone in 19 months? down the shitter.....oh thats right
its PUTINS FAULT. Cant wait for the November massacre. You libbies are prolly already planning RIOTS. A revolution is looming.

LOL Voter fraud isn't a widespread thing, but please don't let me stop you from pushing your lies.
If the only people who could vote absentee are military and those over seas or not physically in the US (all others need to show up physically to vote at a polling site, where they're required to show ID, checked electronically), would you be OK with that?

I think that would pretty much eliminate the possibility of any widespread fraud and would make everyone happy.
Sure, you might have to wait in line once every 4 years....tough cookies.

I'm in favor of online voting as well. And although we trust all our personal finances and money to be managed online (although that's been proven to be susceptible to fraud also), it would require bipartisan support over the security and tech.

I'm not for making voting 'easier'. Voting is a privelege that needs to be taken seriously, not a matter of convenience.
The implication is that some of these enhanced integrity measures impact minorites in urban areas. But, do they also impact people in rural areas (the Mts of WVA or PA?)

My opinion has been and will continue to be, that if voting is important, then people will find a way to do so, within the law, where they're allowed to do so. Even if that requires them to exert a little extra effort once every 4 damn years.
So voting should or not be convenient? Because you just agreed that you would like online voting, which would make voting more uh, convenient.

We're going to continue to disagree here, which is fine. I agree with you that voting is a privilege, but it's also our duty as citizens. There shouldn't be hurdles and roadblocks to casting a vote. What you consider to be no big deal to show up and cast a vote can be a very big deal to others. I mean hell, it should be a national holiday or over a weekend. Just because you can show up on a Tuesday doesn't mean everyone else can.

If the only people who could vote absentee are military and those over seas or not physically in the US (all others need to show up physically to vote at a polling site, where they're required to show ID, checked electronically), would you be OK with that?

I think that would pretty much eliminate the possibility of any widespread fraud and would make everyone happy.
Sure, you might have to wait in line once every 4 years....tough cookies.
Counterpoint: if it works for the military and we already HAVE STATES THAT HAVE MAIL-IN VOTING WITH NO WIDESPREAD FRAUD, then what's the big deal?

Reactions: BuilderBob6
DeSantis would be one heck of an upgrade from Chump. I won't vote for him but if he wins, my blood pressure will remain low compared to win Chump was in office.
Does the current state of the economy have your blood pressure raised?

LOL that's not true, but I understand your need to justify your gullibility, so go ahead and run with it, my man.
In what world is that not true? Hillary is literally on video saying she thinks she won the election.

You are just a hypocrite when it comes to calling out Republicans while ignoring Democrats doing the same thing, "my man".

Reactions: Chris P Bacon
Counterpoint: if it works for the military and we already HAVE STATES THAT HAVE MAIL-IN VOTING WITH NO WIDESPREAD FRAUD, then what's the big deal?
I would imagine that mailing in from the Military is not even remotely the same as mailing in from a civilian spot and someone from the military would need to confirm. If true, then you're comparing apples to oranges.

In what world is that not true? Hillary is literally on video saying she thinks she won the election.

You are just a hypocrite when it comes to calling out Republicans while ignoring Democrats doing the same thing, "my man".
Odd. She conceded the next day and didn't start an insurrection. But yeah, your comparison totally tracks otherwise. 🙄

I would imagine that mailing in from the Military is not even remotely the same as mailing in from a civilian spot and someone from the military would need to confirm. If true, then you're comparing apples to oranges.
Get a better imagination then.

Ah so you can't refute what I proposed so this is all you have as a response. Tells me all I need to know and how out of touch you are.
It's mail-in voting. What's your point? Again, if you have evidence of widespread election fraud via mail-in voting, then present it. If you don't, then there's no need to engage you any further on this.

Again, if you have evidence of widespread election fraud via mail-in voting, then present it.
It has been and I've brought it up already a few times in this thread you're just ignoring it. Others have even brought it to your attention so scroll though and find it all. It's BEEN there all day.

It has been and I've brought it up already a few times in this thread you're just ignoring it. Others have even brought it to your attention so scroll though and find it all. It's BEEN there all day.
I mean ACTUAL voter fraud. Not your conspiracy-theory-fed examples.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
Which again, I linked to. At this point I have little doubt that God himself could come down and point to it and you would still deny it.
Feel free to link it again then. I just scrolled through all three and a half pages of this thread and no one, including yourself, has linked to anything that proves there's widespread voter fraud. The onus is on you here.

They have an ID. They have to have one to do very minor things so thinking they don't is just being naïve. They have to have an ID to use Welfare for crying outloud.

So just stop with the nonsense on the ID thing, you have zero ground to stand on.

The rest of your post is just more debunked liberal narrative so no reason to re-hash it.
It's more than naive to think not everyone can get an ID. It's racist and insulting to think a certain group of people is incapable of figuring out how to get one. I also get sick and tired of the leftist narrative talking points that not everyone can get an ID. They think they're being compassionate and mindful of others, but it's just an insult.

Reactions: bonefish1
It's more than naive to think not everyone can get an ID. It's racist and insulting to think a certain group of people is incapable of figuring out how to get one. I also get sick and tired of the leftist narrative talking points that not everyone can get an ID. They think they're being compassionate and mindful of others, but it's just an insult.
Surprised Dems didn’t include Voter ID’s as part of their relief package. It would cost peanuts

Well yes, BSIT, if in your land of make-believe according to Dinesh D'Souza, then you better get to it.
None of this is going to matter. Democrats are going to get their arses kicked regardless. You’re wasting your time blabbering about this.

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
So voting should or not be convenient? Because you just agreed that you would like online voting, which would make voting more uh, convenient.

We're going to continue to disagree here, which is fine. I agree with you that voting is a privilege, but it's also our duty as citizens. There shouldn't be hurdles and roadblocks to casting a vote. What you consider to be no big deal to show up and cast a vote can be a very big deal to others. I mean hell, it should be a national holiday or over a weekend. Just because you can show up on a Tuesday doesn't mean everyone else can.
Voting should be convenient. And I agree that it should be on a non-working day. Everyone should have the opportunity to get there without work getting in the way. However, I had as busy of a working schedule as anyone else, and it never got in the way of me voting. I specifically looked into early voting in Indiana, and it's about as easy as it gets. Personally, I think every state should have the same voting laws.

Reactions: bonefish1 and BSIT
Well then so are you.
I’m not defending anything vigorously like you. I should have said you defending the very above board election in 2020 won’t matter. That’s my mistake. Atta boy on getting those atta boys from your crew on here.

Never saw the mule movie and don’t follow DD but carry on
If you’re a Democrat and you don’t agree with somebody, you have a list of preoptions to reply with.

- DD
- Tucker Carlson
- Fox News
- Donald Trump
- Russia
- Putin
- January 6th
- labeling that other person something that ends in “ist”

Add what you’d like.

Voting should be convenient. And I agree that it should be on a non-working day. Everyone should have the opportunity to get there without work getting in the way. However, I had as busy of a working schedule as anyone else, and it never got in the way of me voting. I specifically looked into early voting in Indiana, and it's about as easy as it gets. Personally, I think every state should have the same voting laws.
I did early voting in October for the 2020 presidential election, and we stood in line for a couple of hours in cold and spitting rain. However, for the primaries that same year, I did mail-in voting (which was offered because of the pandemic). Granted, I picked a crappy day to go and stand in line that day in October, but it's how my schedule worked out.

I just find it odd that Indiana was able to make mail-in voting work just fine in one scenario, with no instances of voter fraud, but couldn't for another.

I would be fine with national, standardized voting laws, but then we get to the notion of state rights vs national rights etc and we could start another thread on that LOL

If you’re a Democrat and you don’t agree with somebody, you have a list of preoptions to reply with.

- DD
- Tucker Carlson
- Fox News
- Donald Trump
- Russia
- Putin
- January 6th
- labeling that other person something that ends in “ist”

Add what you’d like.
And the dreaded Breitbart. Lol

Reactions: tearsforfears
I’m not defending anything vigorously like you. I should have said you defending the very above board election in 2020 won’t matter. That’s my mistake. Atta boy on getting those atta boys from your crew on here.
I'm actually having a discussion with some folks on here. You decided to insert yourself to do nothing but troll. I'm not searching for likes (odd take given you go around liking every single one of your buddies' posts, but again, the projection is always an admission). Just log in with your other user name and respond to yourself and carry on with your Friday afternoon.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
I'm actually having a discussion with some folks on here. You decided to insert yourself to do nothing but troll. I'm not searching for likes (odd take given you go around liking every single one of your buddies' posts, but again, the projection is always an admission). Just log in with your other user name and respond to yourself and carry on with your Friday afternoon.
You’re actually having a discussion? Coulda fooled me. It’s good you’re not threatening people after your hiatus from here. And what am I projecting exactly? I don’t have another username but thanks. You’ve got a busy night ahead of you. Republicans are waiting for you to go after them with all of your issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT