ADVERTISEMENT

Why are American liberals opposed to voter ID

Yeah go ahead and ignore all the links to proof that fraud exists. It's funny that the ones that you accuse of lying about fraud are the ones that want election integrity while you are okay without their being any.
It's been proven time and again that there's no widespread voter fraud. You've all been more than welcome to prove it but the best you can come up with are conspiracy theories that are easily dismissed as BS. Keep beating that drum, though.

Reactions: indy35
It's been proven time and again that there's no widespread voter fraud. You've all been more than welcome to prove it but the best you can come up with are conspiracy theories that are easily dismissed as BS. Keep beating that drum, though.
Again you ignore the links already posted that prove it wrong. All you have to do is read through the thread. But you're choosing not to just so you can keep parroting the narrative.

Here I'll even add to it, your savior Hillary even claimed fraud back in 2016:

Can't wait to see how you spin that.

Or maybe republicans just stop lying about voter fraud? Novel thought for this bunch, I know.
I'm not claiming fraud. I never bought into it. But I also never bought into the claim of voter suppression.

Why not just take away any excuse of voter fraud by removing any potential method it could happen?

Then you and all your republican friends could just get along...

Ok, so let's say the likelihood of voter fraud is like, 5%. Why would anyone still object to enhancing the voting integrity with some additional safeguards, like voter ID?

As an American, don't you want everyone who votes to prove who they are?
Why would you not?

I'm not claiming fraud. I never bought into it. But I also never bought into the claim of voter suppression.

Why not just take away any excuse of voter fraud by removing any potential method it could happen?

Because none of this is truly about election/voter fraud. You know that, of course, but you have to stay with your grift to get your atta boys from your BFFs on here.

Because none of this is truly about election/voter fraud. You know that, of course, but you have to stay with your grift to get your atta boys from your BFFs on here.
LMAO. No, this is about reasonable election integrity laws. And if it prevents what happened on Jan 6th, then it makes a lot of sense. I'm not sure why you'd be adamantly against that. That alone tells me you want to have the excuse of voter fraud in the future.

Atta boy

LMAO. No, this is about reasonable election integrity laws. And if it prevents what happened on Jan 6th, then it makes a lot of sense. I'm not sure why you'd be adamantly against that. That alone tells me you want to have the excuse of voter fraud in the future.
January 6th happened because of the pettiness of a man who refused to accept the election results, even when repeatedly told there was no fraud. He then tapped into the gullibility of his base to insist there was fraud, and the conspiracies took off from there. Stop trying to shift the blame away from where it should rightfully go.

January 6th happened because of the pettiness of a man who refused to accept the election results, even when repeatedly told there was no fraud. He then tapped into the gullibility of his base to insist there was fraud, and the conspiracies took off from there. Stop trying to shift the blame away from where it should rightfully go.
What part of my answer conflicts with your statement above? I agree that it was pettiness. I agree with what you said he did.

What I don't understand is why you wouldn't take away every excuse of voter fraud so we wouldn't have to experience that issue in the future. Do you think the same people won't be spreading the same information in the next election?

What part of my answer conflicts with your statement above? I agree that it was pettiness. I agree with what you said he did.

What I don't understand is why you wouldn't take away every excuse of voter fraud so we wouldn't have to experience that issue in the future. Do you think the same people won't be spreading the same information in the next election?
They would regardless. Most of the conspiracies have nothing to do with things like voter ID. It's just a bunch of made-up lies. 2000 Mules was based on nothing but BS like cell phone pings and a bunch of people, including a chunk of this board, bought right into it. The entire premise of voter fraud from the last few years is built on things that did not happen, have never happened, but have been sold as if they happened in great quantities, and is now something that must be fixed.

I have zero issue with voter ID. But I'm also smart enough to know that even if everyone is required to have one, it will just shift to 'well X amount of Dems had fake IDs', and the end result is just a movement of the goalposts.

And let's not forget the hypocrisy in all of this: Republicans only cried fraud about the presidential election, even though Republicans picked up plenty of seats on THE SAME BALLOTS.

They would regardless. Most of the conspiracies have nothing to do with things like voter ID. It's just a bunch of made-up lies. 2000 Mules was based on nothing but BS like cell phone pings and a bunch of people, including a chunk of this board, bought right into it. The entire premise of voter fraud from the last few years is built on things that did not happen, have never happened, but have been sold as if they happened in great quantities, and is now something that must be fixed.

I have zero issue with voter ID. But I'm also smart enough to know that even if everyone is required to have one, it will just shift to 'well X amount of Dems had fake IDs', and the end result is just a movement of the goalposts.

And let's not forget the hypocrisy in all of this: Republicans only cried fraud about the presidential election, even though Republicans picked up plenty of seats on THE SAME BALLOTS.
It's interesting that Hillary cried fraud as well. Obviously not to the extent that Trump did. But it goes both ways. So let's stop pointing at only one side and create voter integrity laws that will continue to protect our elections.

Do you think requiring voter ID hurst some demographics more than others?
If so, why?

You’re the one trying to shift blame to the Orange Man. This has nothing to do with Trump but you keep going tangential. Voter ID matters in elections at all levels - state, local, and federal.

Yeah go ahead and ignore all the links to proof that fraud exists. It's funny that the ones that you accuse of lying about fraud are the ones that want election integrity while you are okay without their being any.
Those links of fraud are bogus. State election results were recounted over and over. Audits were done, including one initiated by Chump in AZ that actually found more Biden votes. Then almost 60 judges, several Chump nominate, dismissed the bogus claims of fraud. Atty. Gen Barr dismissed bogus claims of fraud. Chump's own cyber security chief said that this was the most secure election in history. Come folks THERE AIN'T NO EVIDENCE OF FRAUD. Get over it and find a decent candidate to run in 2024.

Those links of fraud are bogus. State election results were recounted over and over. Audits were done, including one initiated by Chump in AZ that actually found more Biden votes. Then almost 60 judges, several Chump nominate, dismissed the bogus claims of fraud. Atty. Gen Barr dismissed bogus claims of fraud. Chump's own cyber security chief said that this was the most secure election in history. Come folks THERE AIN'T NO EVIDENCE OF FRAUD. Get over it and find a decent candidate to run in 2024.
Already have. It’s DeSantis who you’d never vote for against any Democrat, even if it were Adolf Hitler. The lack of food and water in Bidenville is really starting to drain you mentally. Unchain thyself.

Ok, so let's say the likelihood of voter fraud is like, 5%. Why would anyone still object to enhancing the voting integrity with some additional safeguards, like voter ID?

As an American, don't you want everyone who votes to prove who they are?
Why would you not?
Why are you guys keep talking about voter ID? Fine everyone should have one. What about restricting the repubs restricting mail in voting, absentee, early voting, drop boxes etc.?

Why are you guys keep talking about voter ID? Fine everyone should have one. What about restricting the repubs restricting mail in voting, absentee, early voting, drop boxes etc.?
You’re incoherent now. Leave Bidenville!

Why do people need to be able to vote 2 months before an election and a month after? You don’t think there’s potential for fraud with drop boxes?

Reactions: Chris P Bacon
Already have. It’s DeSantis who you’d never vote for against any Democrat, even if it were Adolf Hitler. The lack of food and water in Bidenville is really starting to drain you mentally. Unchain thyself.
DeSantis would be one heck of an upgrade from Chump. I won't vote for him but if he wins, my blood pressure will remain low compared to win Chump was in office.

DeSantis would be one heck of an upgrade from Chump. I won't vote for him but if he wins, my blood pressure will remain low compared to win Chump was in office.
World peace and a great economy raises your blood pressure? And why are you saying that you won’t vote for DeSantis before you even know who will be running as the Democrat candidate?

Reactions: bonefish1
Maybe both parties stop lying about election fraud? I’m old enough to remember the left claiming Trump only won because of Russia.
LOL that's not true, but I understand your need to justify your gullibility, so go ahead and run with it, my man.

Why do people need to be able to vote 2 months before an election and a month after? You don’t think there’s potential for fraud with drop boxes?
People vote early to avoid long lines on election day. I vote early all the time. Most democrats do and that is why the repubs are restricting it. It is not rocket science. Restricting Sunday voting is definitely targeted against blacks. Blacks enjoyed voting on Sundays and called it "Souls to the Polls". So where is the fraud or potential fraud on voting on Sundays?

There is potential fraud no matter what voting method you have. However, unless there are issues, which are far and few in between then there is no reason to change it. Just like any other voter fraud case, you investigate and prosecute like what has been done for decades.

You’re the one trying to shift blame to the Orange Man. This has nothing to do with Trump but you keep going tangential. Voter ID matters in elections at all levels - state, local, and federal.
Does it, though, SD? Because this never bothered you before the election in 2020. It didn't bother any of you. As I mentioned before, lots of Republicans won on those same ballots, but none of you bitched about that. Odd, isn't it? I'm sure it was just a coincidence that as soon as Trump started whining about it, you just picked it up and ran with it too. I honestly had no idea you were as gullible as the others on here. It's sad that you've dumbed yourself down as much as you have.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Do you think requiring voter ID hurst some demographics more than others?
If so, why?
I don't think requiring an ID hurts demographics. I think taking away tried and true methods of voting is what hurts certain demographics. Reducing the number of polling sites , shrinking the number of days to vote before election day, etc. Those absolutely impact certain demographics. You're free to disagree.

The military uses mail-in voting. Multiple states have used mail-in voting for years with no issues. Yet those are the kinds of things people want taken away.

I would personally love the option of folks being able to vote online. A specific ID/password/PIN combo or something to that effect so even those who don't have physical access to a polling site would have the ability to vote. Yes, that would require all kinds of security, etc but it's not like the technology doesn't exist.

Voting options should be expanded, not restricted. I believe that should be the case for everyone.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
People vote early to avoid long lines on election day. I vote early all the time. Most democrats do and that is why the repubs are restricting it. It is not rocket science. Restricting Sunday voting is definitely targeted against blacks. Blacks enjoyed voting on Sundays and called it "Souls to the Polls". So where is the fraud or potential fraud on voting on Sundays?

There is potential fraud no matter what voting method you have. However, unless there are issues, which are far and few in between then there is no reason to change it. Just like any other voter fraud case, you investigate and prosecute like what has been done for decades.
You just brushed past the question. Why is it necessary to be able to vote 2 months prior to an election and a month after (which would potentially delay calling a winner)? Why isn’t 1-2 weeks prior and maybe a week (or 4-5 days after) after sufficient?

Where did I say I was against voting on Sunday?

So by your logic, there’s always going to be voter fraud anyway, so why try to reduce the potential for it? Yeah, that makes complete sense.

What was incoherent in what I said? If you couldn't understand my simple statement, then who is really the one that is unintelligent?
“Why are you guys keep talking about voter ID?” This isn’t proper English. You’re doing a good job avoiding questions today too by the way. You’re in a cult and don’t even care. It’s weird and sad. You won’t vote for DeSantis and have no idea who he’s running against. Utmost loyalty to the (D).

Does it, though, SD? Because this never bothered you before the election in 2020. It didn't bother any of you. As I mentioned before, lots of Republicans won on those same ballots, but none of you bitched about that. Odd, isn't it? I'm sure it was just a coincidence that as soon as Trump started whining about it, you just picked it up and ran with it too. I honestly had no idea you were as gullible as the others on here. It's sad that you've dumbed yourself down as much as you have.
Bullshit, voter fraud has bothered me for 20+ years - well before Trump was even on the radar to be a candidate. I’ve advocated for voter ID laws for years.

But keep pushing your false narrative about me and what I think.

Bullshit, voter fraud has bothered me for 20+ years - well before Trump was even on the radar to be a candidate. I’ve advocated for voter ID laws for years.

But keep pushing your false narrative about me and what I think.
LOL Voter fraud isn't a widespread thing, but please don't let me stop you from pushing your lies.

I don't think requiring an ID hurts demographics. I think taking away tried and true methods of voting is what hurts certain demographics. Reducing the number of polling sites , shrinking the number of days to vote before election day, etc. Those absolutely impact certain demographics. You're free to disagree.

The military uses mail-in voting. Multiple states have used mail-in voting for years with no issues. Yet those are the kinds of things people want taken away.

I would personally love the option of folks being able to vote online. A specific ID/password/PIN combo or something to that effect so even those who don't have physical access to a polling site would have the ability to vote. Yes, that would require all kinds of security, etc but it's not like the technology doesn't exist.

Voting options should be expanded, not restricted. I believe that should be the case for everyone.
Who determines the rules on number of polling sites and number of days to vote leading up to the election? In the mostly blue urban areas, who determines those rules?

You just brushed past the question. Why is it necessary to be able to vote 2 months prior to an election and a month after (which would potentially delay calling a winner)? Why isn’t 1-2 weeks prior and maybe a week (or 4-5 days after) after sufficient?

Where did I say I was against voting on Sunday?

So by your logic, there’s always going to be voter fraud anyway, so why try to reduce the potential for it? Yeah, that makes complete sense.
I didn't brush past the question. I told you so people don't have to stand in long lines on election day. I've done that and it sucks. If you repubs like doing that then more power to you. I never heard of voting a month after.

Voting fraud rate is only 0.001%. Therefore, there is no reason to fool with it unless it is to disenfranchise a particular group of voters.

I didn't brush past the question. I told you so people don't have to stand in long lines on election day. I've done that and it sucks. If you repubs like doing that then more power to you. I never heard of voting a month after.

Voting fraud rate is only 0.001%. Therefore, there is no reason to fool with it unless it is to disenfranchise a particular group of voters.
There are places that are doing it - all liberal ones of course. It’s that they’ll accept ballots one month after the election is held. Ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT