ADVERTISEMENT

Who's on your list

Jan 27, 2013
Colts Country
Any chance Purdue would be interested in Matt Rhule from Temple? I've watched two games this season and defense is impressive. If I'm putting a list together here are some names to entertain.
T.Herman HC (Houston)
M.Rhule HC (Temple)
M.Applewhite OC (Houston)
T.Orlando DC (Houston)
L.Galloway OC (Lville)
S.Gilbert-OC (Texas)
J.Brohm - HC (W.Ky)

Any chance Purdue would be interested in Matt Rhule from Temple? I've watched two games this season and defense is impressive. If I'm putting a list together here are some names to entertain.
T.Herman HC (Houston)
M.Rhule HC (Temple)
T.Orlando DC (Houston)
L.Galloway OC (Lville)
S.Gilbert-OC (Texas)
J.Brohm - HC (W.Ky)
Fleck and Mike Norvell.

N. Saban (Alabama)
*Cue harp strings to accompany the following daydream* Wouldn't it be great to have the administration approach Saban and say "You may very well be the greatest coach in the history of college football. We're prepared to double your salary and see if you can prove that you are the greatest."

*Cue harp strings to accompany the following daydream* Wouldn't it be great to have the administration approach Saban and say "You may very well be the greatest coach in the history of college football. We're prepared to double your salary and see if you can prove that you are the greatest."

A. That would mean we pay him $14million. We will be hard pressed to pay the next guy close to $3.5 million. Pipe dreams.
B. He's not leaving Alabama. He's already up there in age and won't be coaching much longer. He doesn't want to start absolutely from scratch.

I know this is a "daydream" scenerio, but lets daydream about us getting a good coach...since that likely wont happen!

A. That would mean we pay him $14million. We will be hard pressed to pay the next guy close to $3.5 million. Pipe dreams.
B. He's not leaving Alabama. He's already up there in age and won't be coaching much longer. He doesn't want to start absolutely from scratch.

I know this is a "daydream" scenerio, but lets daydream about us getting a good coach...since that likely wont happen!
I hear ya!

Problem is LSU, Texas?, Auburn?, USC? could be lots of better jobs open this offseason. So make your list then cross out the top 5 and start from there.

We will be in a situation where our A,B, and possibly C choices won't come here. Hate to say it.

As much as I want Hazell gone, and he will be gone, I'm not sure the hiring process is going to be all that exciting. Bobo better sell the shit out of this opportunity.

Problem is LSU, Texas?, Auburn?, USC? could be lots of better jobs open this offseason. So make your list then cross out the top 5 and start from there.
No offense but I really question your assessment. If we're talking same money - $5 miliion, whatever - are Texas, LSU, Auburn, USC really better jobs? All four of them are on a much shorter leash that Purdue.If Purdue achieved a one-more-win-per-year strategy like IU has done, we'd accept that. Texas, LSU, Auburn, USC would have a fit with the same type of progress.

No offense but I really question your assessment. If we're talking same money - $5 miliion, whatever - are Texas, LSU, Auburn, USC really better jobs? All four of them are on a much shorter leash that Purdue.If Purdue achieved a one-more-win-per-year strategy like IU has done, we'd accept that. Texas, LSU, Auburn, USC would have a fit with the same type of progress.

So you think elite coaches desire low expectations more than resources, facilities,and fan support? ???

T.Herman HC (Houston)
M.Rhule HC (Temple)
T.Orlando DC (Houston)
L.Galloway OC (Lville)
S.Gilbert-OC (Texas)
J.Brohm - HC (W.Ky)

How about Mike Sanford? Haven't heard him mentioned. He is a young guy with some really solid experience under bigtime coaches as OC, QB coach, and recruiting coordinator. Schiano is also a guy that would have to be considered.

No offense but if you don't understand that Texas, LSU, Auburn and USC are on a plain high above where Purdue

I would take Applewhite but I'm sure he would stay south. The best selling point is that we are in the west division and that has to be salivating for a prospective coach.

So you think elite coaches desire low expectations more than resources, facilities,and fan support? ???
Reading Doug Griffiths' latest tweets makes me think the only coach in the country willing to put up with the lack of support and resources at Purdue is Spack. I'm thinking folks expecting a big splashy hire will be disappointed.

Reactions: SIBoiler2
I think it would be attractive to a coach knowing they could come to Purdue and win just enough to go to a bowl game and they would be considered a hero. Expectations have gotten so low here. And yes, the West is winnable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT