ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be commit #12

It’s odd...his crystal ball on 24/7 changed to Texas Tech today at 4:59pm

Maybe that means Miles Williams committed. Not sure if that would make a difference or not. Williams was my guess yesterday so I am sticking with it. I wouldn't be shocked if its Dontay Hunter though. The nice thing about Hunter committing is I don't think it would affect JJ's decision. Same with Darius Robinson, who can move inside. Plenty of room for those players, but it's filling up quick.

Larry Tracy is off the board. Seemed inevitable for a month or so. Especially as Purdue seemed to move on. He also made some comments that lead me to believe IU was quickly becomzing the favorite. Purdue went all in early with all of the social media stuff. Tracy is going to be very good at the next level and IU is building a decent defensive class. It looks to me as if they moved into contention with Cam Williams too. If Purdue adds Zimos, then likely IU lands Williams, and that would give them 3 of the top Indiana kids on defense. I still give Purdue the nod of defense with what they have added, but I also acknowledge what IU is doing. As they continue to miss bowl games, that should go back to normal. I expect us to win the bucket for the next 4 years.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Larry Tracy is off the bird. Seemed inevitable for a month or so. Especially as Purdue seemed to move on. He also made some comments that lead me to believe IU was quickly becomzing the favorite. Purdue went all in early with all of the social media stuff. Tracy is going to be very good at the next level and IU is building a decent defensive class. It looks to me as if they moved into contention with Cam Williams too. If Purdue adds Zimos, then likely IU lands Williams, and that would give them 3 of the top Indiana kids on defense. I still give Purdue the nod of defense with what they have added, but I also acknowledge what IU is doing. As they continue to miss bowl games, that should go back to normal. I expect us to win the bucket for the next 4 years.

Iowa and Purdue cooled on Tracy.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Iowa and Purdue cooled on Tracy.

I noticed it for Purdue big time. Not sure who cooled down first. If he said IU was his dream school, I would have pulled back too, and his comment made it seem like IU is where he always wanted. IU will give him a chance to show what he can do. Now he just has to make it happen.

I noticed it for Purdue big time. Not sure who cooled down first. If he said IU was his dream school, I would have pulled back too, and his comment made it seem like IU is where he always wanted. IU will give him a chance to show what he can do. Now he just has to make it happen.

Not worried about it. Purdue is in on plenty of good CB’s.

Larry Tracy is off the board. Seemed inevitable for a month or so. Especially as Purdue seemed to move on. He also made some comments that lead me to believe IU was quickly becomzing the favorite. Purdue went all in early with all of the social media stuff. Tracy is going to be very good at the next level and IU is building a decent defensive class. It looks to me as if they moved into contention with Cam Williams too. If Purdue adds Zimos, then likely IU lands Williams, and that would give them 3 of the top Indiana kids on defense. I still give Purdue the nod of defense with what they have added, but I also acknowledge what IU is doing. As they continue to miss bowl games, that should go back to normal. I expect us to win the bucket for the next 4 years.
You know we can take more than one linebacker right?

I can’t say that anything about Allen concerns me. All he has done so far is take an experienced team, particularly on defense, that had been to two straight bowl games and manage to keep them home for the holidays. Their non-conference schedule this year, like most years, was put together to all but assure a bow bid. We’ll see if that happens.

Poor kid’s Iowa and Purdue offers dried up.

Cam Williams isn’t going to IU. Brohm backed off of Tracy. He isn’t as good as some of the guys we’re in on.

LT is going to be a star in the Big Ten. Iowa didn't back off of him, he decomitted. Iowa isn't in on any CBs rated higher.

As for worrying about IU and their coach, I am not. He is a defensive coach and well liked in the state, so it doesn't surprise me that he would land some good instate defenders. That will drop off, as I said, when they start missing Bowls again and Purdue continues to improve. They got two good defenders and I still think they land Cam Williams based on what I have seen. Would love to be wrong, because Cam is going to be a monster. We just added Dontay Hunter and we have Karliftas and Grant. Purdue will have a better defensive class. I think we will get Zimos, but Cam is a longer shot. I think we would happily take both. Our front 7 was the only reason we were decent last year and that is all gone but one. Have to replenish and a lot of very good players are looking at Purdue.

LT is going to be a star in the Big Ten. Iowa didn't back off of him, he decomitted. Iowa isn't in on any CBs rated higher.

As for worrying about IU and their coach, I am not. He is a defensive coach and well liked in the state, so it doesn't surprise me that he would land some good instate defenders. That will drop off, as I said, when they start missing Bowls again and Purdue continues to improve. They got two good defenders and I still think they land Cam Williams based on what I have seen. Would love to be wrong, because Cam is going to be a monster. We just added Dontay Hunter and we have Karliftas and Grant. Purdue will have a better defensive class. I think we will get Zimos, but Cam is a longer shot. I think we would happily take both. Our front 7 was the only reason we were decent last year and that is all gone but one. Have to replenish and a lot of very good players are looking at Purdue.

Why is Cam a longer shot?

Cam Williams, if he makes grades, is going to Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT