ADVERTISEMENT

Who here expected to beat Michigan?

I don't think what a fan expects, or doesn't expect, has any bearing on whether a player or coach expectations to win. I'm sure CMP expected a competitive game today. As I'm sure UNC and Villanova did as well. Or were those coaches accepting mediocracy?

Both of those coaches have won a national championship. Matt Painter has not.

How do you think Nova and UNC fans feel LOL?
Probably okay since those two teams account for the last three national championships. I’m guessing most Nova fans would trade last years win over Michigan on the biggest stage for a loss to them before Thanksgiving this year.

Probably okay since those two teams account for the last three national championships. I’m guessing most Nova fans would trade last years win over Michigan on the biggest stage for a loss to them before Thanksgiving this year.
I'm sure they loved their 30 point beat down at home LOL!!!!!!! Sure.

I'm sure they loved their 30 point beat down at home LOL!!!!!!! Sure.
Context, my friend. I’m sure they didn’t love it, but looking up at that banner probably makes it a little easier to handle. Overall, their fan base is dealing with some ups and downs after putting several guys in the NBA and winning 2 NCs in 3 years. If Purdue has those kind of results from the last class, I’m guessing there would be a few more people willing to overlook some “rebuilding” lumps this year.

Context, my friend. I’m sure they didn’t love it, but looking up at that banner probably makes it a little easier to handle. Overall, their fan base is dealing with some ups and downs after putting several guys in the NBA and winning 2 NCs in 3 years. If Purdue has those kind of results from the last class, I’m guessing there would be a few more people willing to overlook some “rebuilding” lumps this year.

I will agree that they, and UNC, most likely handled it with more class...…..

Seriously folks. Really? The only reason this team is ranked 7th is because ESPN is at war with the BIG. It should be higher. The outcome is no surprise to me. We are what we are, a good team but not a great team.
I always go into a game "expecting" Purdue to win. But my level of disappointment varies depending on how realistic I know my expectation is. (If that makes any sense.)

Purdue ran into the hottest team in the country last night. And every single year Purdue has a let-down going into finals week. This year they had it a week early. So now that they got it out of their system, I "expect" wins the rest of the way.

Reactions: BBG and PU pit bull
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT