ADVERTISEMENT

What a unique idea by Trump!

Come on Bob. In Florida they have bill boards showing how to fill out a ballot.
At a gas station I had a volunteer hand me a flier with of a ballot filled out, showing how to vote and who to vote for.
Granted this was for this past election but the same can be done for a census ballot.
I I guess educating the public on the proper way to vote is somehow wrong. Why do you just assume they are targeting illegals? Could they be targeting legal immigrants?

And you ignore the REALITY of the mindset of most illegals. Totally.

I understand you guys are all hung up on the idea that millions of illegals are voting for the Dems but it makes no sense and just isn't true. They risk everything to come here to make money, voting is not on their list of priorities.

I I guess educating the public on the proper way to vote is somehow wrong. Why do you just assume they are targeting illegals? Could they be targeting legal immigrants?

And you ignore the REALITY of the mindset of most illegals. Totally.

I understand you guys are all hung up on the idea that millions of illegals are voting for the Dems but it makes no sense and just isn't true. They risk everything to come here to make money, voting is not on their list of priorities.
Nobody said millions of illegals are voting. Just a few hundred thousand. Gees!

uh.....ok. I don't hire our subcontractors. Not my company.

What would you like me to do? Call ICE? Are you comparing my ability to control illegal immigration with that of the president? Is that part of my job, like it is for Trump?
Could you make a bigger reach to take your shot lol?
If you know they are illegal, then yes call ICE. Knowing what you know doing nothing only exposes you to being no better than your president that you slam daily. I bet you choose to do nothing, as it's all about the money and you can feel better in your mind as you are above Trump. Hope I'm wrong about you.

Sky says this from his high and mighty throne, enjoying fruits and veggies that were purchased at a cheap price thanks mostly to, you guessed it, illegals picking them because that’s far below people like Sky. Ironic, isn’t it?

So you don’t think illegals vote?????

Totally unrelated to voting but I had a Hispanic woman make an appointment to view an apt I had for rent. She said she was born in Puerto Rico and wanted to apply so I helped her fill out the application. When I asked her for a Social Security number she pulled several cards out of her purse and handed me one saying “here this one should work”. She was also getting $700 per month from Social Security Disability for being diabetic and having heart trouble.

Besides the facts from @70boiler, these people don't travel to the US to vote. They come to work. Period. They slam 10 guys in a two bedroom apartment to save money to send home.
I work in residential construction. We are flooded with illegals. Almost all of them can't speak english, let alone being able to read it. How are they gonna know how to fill out the ballot?
In addition, they don't want ANYTHING to do with the government for fear of being discovered and deported. You think they're going to risk being deported so they can vote?

Are you hiring illegals to work for you? You know that is against the law.

Besides the facts from @70boiler, these people don't travel to the US to vote. They come to work. Period. They slam 10 guys in a two bedroom apartment to save money to send home.
I work in residential construction. We are flooded with illegals. Almost all of them can't speak english, let alone being able to read it. How are they gonna know how to fill out the ballot?
In addition, they don't want ANYTHING to do with the government for fear of being discovered and deported. You think they're going to risk being deported so they can vote?
So you're hiring illegals to save money by paying lower wages than you would be paying non-illegals? You know that contributes to lower wages for ALL construction workers, right? What you should be doing is hiring actual citizens at a fair wage to help bring back the lower/middle class.

So you're hiring illegals to save money by paying lower wages than you would be paying non-illegals? You know that contributes to lower wages for ALL construction workers, right? What you should be doing is hiring actual citizens at a fair wage to help bring back the lower/middle class.
You're so f'n stupid at all times of your life. Immigrants take shit jobs in the US that NO ONE ELSE will do regardless of pay.

You're so f'n stupid at all times of your life. Immigrants take shit jobs in the US that NO ONE ELSE will do regardless of pay.

Are you saying that illegals are doing jobs that Americans will not do? So far as I know people are not objecting to legal immigration??

Illegals are also people who overstay their visas - I read somewhere yesterday that people who overstay their visas make up 60 plus percent of illegals. It is a fallacy that illegals are taking jobs that only immigrants will do. It may be true for many low skilled illegals from central America? I wish I could see some actual research on this issue.

Last edited:
Totally unrelated to voting but I had a Hispanic woman make an appointment to view an apt I had for rent. She said she was born in Puerto Rico and wanted to apply so I helped her fill out the application. When I asked her for a Social Security number she pulled several cards out of her purse and handed me one saying “here this one should work”. She was also getting $700 per month from Social Security Disability for being diabetic and having heart trouble.
I guess that I am not very clear on your implication, since if she was actually born in Puerto Rico she isn't an illegal and pays into Social Security, and may be a criminal...or are you simply assuming that she is an illegal alien because she is of apparent Hispanic origin and acting criminally?

Are you saying that illegals are doing jobs that Americans will not do? So far as I know people are not objecting to legal immigration??

Illegals are also people who overstay their visas - I read somewhere yesterday that people who overstay their visas make up 60 plus percent of illegals. It is a fallacy that illegals are taking jobs that only immigrants will do. It may be true for many low skilled illegals from central America? I wish I could see some actual research on this issue.
Who are you replying to?

I guess that I am not very clear on your implication, since if she was actually born in Puerto Rico she isn't an illegal and pays into Social Security, and may be a criminal...or are you simply assuming that she is an illegal alien because she is of apparent Hispanic origin and acting criminally?

I don’t know if she was illegal or not. I didn’t rent to her because she had many SS cards. My guess is that she was illegal and told me she was from PR.

It demonstrated that if someone can get multiple SS cards they can certainly vote if they want to.

I was replying to Purdue4life ["Immigrants take shit jobs in the US that NO ONE ELSE will do regardless of pay."] I included that quote from Purdue4life in my reply
Oh - ha ha. I have that idiot blocked which is why I couldn't see his/her post.

I’ve been in construction for over 30 years and have, inadvertently, hired illegals. This was before the days of verifying and I withheld so they would work 4/6 weeks and just not show up on a Monday. A week or two later we would get a letter from the state or feds saying the ID, SS#, tax ID... we were given was wrong. Very similar to guys running from the law, IRS, child support... except the illegals worked their asses off and caused no problems. It cracks me up to read some of the “experiences” others claim to have had, in my actual experience, like your experience it sounds like. If someone is profiling an Hispanic and the Hispanic is drawing attention in any way to themselves, they are more than likely legal. If you don’t notice them, they probably are illegal.

So, if all of scared of illegals and see your neighbor is having his roof replaced and there is a noise ordence imposed from 7am to 7pm and a Hispanic crew shows up at 9am, yelling at one another, music blaring, parking in front of your driveway, throwing shingles in your yard... they are probably legal, if you don’t notice any trucks pull up, hear any voices and the sound of saws and hammers breaks the morning calm at 7:01, throughout the day they keep their voices down, no music, are meticulous about keeping the site clean, most importantly not disturbing or inconveniencing you, and it’s over at 6:59 at which time they quietly disappear, those were illegals.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
who is defining 'fair' in your scenario.
employers should be free to hire who they choose.

your recent post below highlights the issues of not having this free marketplace.

According to the Living Wage calculator put out by MIT, the living wage for a person with 3 children living in Marion County in Indiana is $73,153. You good with paying someone 73k/year to make your nacho bell grande at Taco Bell? How much do you think that Taco will cost you?

who is defining 'fair' in your scenario.
employers should be free to hire who they choose.

your recent post below highlights the issues of not having this free marketplace.
Fair in my first scenario is what the marketplace pays legal citizens for their construction services. The living wage I noted in the second post of mine you quoted comes from MIT and is an artificially inflated amount.

Fair in my first scenario is what the marketplace pays legal citizens for their construction services. The living wage I noted in the second post of mine you quoted comes from MIT and is an artificially inflated amount.
the first scenario is artificial as well due to citizen status and minimum wages

If you know they are illegal, then yes call ICE. Knowing what you know doing nothing only exposes you to being no better than your president that you slam daily. I bet you choose to do nothing, as it's all about the money and you can feel better in your mind as you are above Trump. Hope I'm wrong about you.
You brought this up again in another thread and I realized I hadn't replied to you (and @Bruce1 and @hunkgolden) about making money by hiring illegals or the legality of it.

As I said before, "I don't hire our subcontractors. Not my company." To make it simpler for you guys, that means I don't hire illegals nor do I make money by hiring them. I use the subcontractors I'm given whether they be illegal, legal, Serbs, Czechs, from Central America, South America, wherever. I make the same money no matter who does the work.

As @miksta mentioned, sometimes subs get hired by using false information but it never works for long. What does work is we hire a legal sub and they have illegal employees.........the illegals get paid cash by the legal subcontractor.

I'm not going to turn them in to ICE.........just as I'm not going to turn in my friends who smoke pot, or the ones who make moonshine, or the guys who have illegal guns, or the ones that brag about cheating on their taxes. I did call the cops once on a drunk driver who was all over the road and was a willing witness in an assault case. If people aren't getting hurt, I'm not getting all bent out of shape. I'm sure you guys report every illegality you see, no matter who is committing it.

Before you start on the illegals taking away jobs from Americans, you don't know anything about my industry.

You brought this up again in another thread and I realized I hadn't replied to you (and @Bruce1 and @hunkgolden) about making money by hiring illegals or the legality of it.

As I said before, "I don't hire our subcontractors. Not my company." To make it simpler for you guys, that means I don't hire illegals nor do I make money by hiring them. I use the subcontractors I'm given whether they be illegal, legal, Serbs, Czechs, from Central America, South America, wherever. I make the same money no matter who does the work.

As @miksta mentioned, sometimes subs get hired by using false information but it never works for long. What does work is we hire a legal sub and they have illegal employees.........the illegals get paid cash by the legal subcontractor.

I'm not going to turn them in to ICE.........just as I'm not going to turn in my friends who smoke pot, or the ones who make moonshine, or the guys who have illegal guns, or the ones that brag about cheating on their taxes. I did call the cops once on a drunk driver who was all over the road and was a willing witness in an assault case. If people aren't getting hurt, I'm not getting all bent out of shape. I'm sure you guys report every illegality you see, no matter who is committing it.

Before you start on the illegals taking away jobs from Americans, you don't know anything about my industry.

Using “contractors” is a total cop out. and I think you know it. Temp agencies are simply a way for companies to do end and run on many of the laws in place to protect workers. If you are not the owner and someone else is hiring them and you know about it you are still guilty. Way to go Bob, you just revealed your true character.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Using “contractors” is a total cop out. and I think you know it. Temp agencies are simply a way for companies to do end and run on many of the laws in place to protect workers. If you are not the owner and someone else is hiring them and you know about it you are still guilty. Way to go Bob, you just revealed your true character.
Absolutely correct Bruce! Before BuilderBob6 posts daily about what a bad person Trump is, he should look in the mirror and see he has many of the same character issues of the man he complains about so often. Continue on BuilderBob6 as you have exposed yourself to the true person that you really are.

Now it's time to get back to posting about how bad Trump is. Carry on!

A Trump boot-licker talking about character, lol. Your criticisms fall on deaf ears when you've given up all morals, ethics, knowledge, historic and scientific data, etc. All to blindly follow Trump and what the Republican party has been shaped into.

A Trump boot-licker talking about character, lol. Your criticisms fall on deaf ears when you've given up all morals, ethics, knowledge, historic and scientific data, etc. All to blindly follow Trump and what the Republican party has been shaped into.
Typical post, Indy. Name calling, etc. Your only defense when people respond with logical thought.
Anyone who disagrees with your political views is a blind Trump follower. Right.

Do you know how Temp agencies work? They supply labor to other companies. Because companies are “contracting” thru the agency they can simply call the agency and tell them they don’t want a worker back without any reason. This allows them to discriminate based on age, gender, race, or any other basis. The Agency simple sends them the next person up. How’s that fit your liberal sliding scale for morality.

Last edited:
They're not "contractors" or temp agencies. These are small companies. You should stick to things you actually know about because you don't know squat about my industry.
Do you have any idea how many large companies in this country hire illegals, how many CEO's know about it and actually do profit from using illegals? GTFO here with that BS. Where's your outrage? Are you calling them or sending them letters? Where's your criticism of Trump? Trump didn't do anything until it was exposed by the fake news.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/dozen-un...fired-from-trump-golf-club-in-new-york-report

You've never known anybody who has broken the law and you didn't report them? Aren't you something.
You support this POS in the WH and you're going to care about and question MY character? Check your priorities.

Last edited:
Absolutely correct Bruce! Before BuilderBob6 posts daily about what a bad person Trump is, he should look in the mirror and see he has many of the same character issues of the man he complains about so often. Continue on BuilderBob6 as you have exposed yourself to the true person that you really are.

Now it's time to get back to posting about how bad Trump is. Carry on!
lol. Because you know so much about me........what other character issues do I share with Trump?
This is the classic Trump defense of "It's not me, it's really you" garbage. Move along.

Typical post, Indy. Name calling, etc. Your only defense when people respond with logical thought.
Anyone who disagrees with your political views is a blind Trump follower. Right.

Do you know how Temp agencies work? They supply labor to other companies. Because companies are “contracting” thru the agency they can simply call the agency and tell them they don’t want a worker back without any reason. This allows them to discriminate based on age, gender, race, or any other basis. The Agency simple sends them the next person up. How’s that fit your liberal sliding scale for morality.
You care about workers rights, you must really dislike the Republican agenda and right wing Supreme Court rulings? I call people blind Trump followers when they blindly follow Trump and excuse everything he's doing.

lol. Because you know so much about me........what other character issues do I share with Trump?
This is the classic Trump defense of "It's not me, it's really you" garbage. Move along.
OK "Honest" BuilderBob6 you and Trump have similar character flaws. Please continue your assault on Trump it's very entertaining.

They're not "contractors" or temp agencies. These are small companies. You should stick to things you actually know about because you don't know squat about my industry.
Do you have any idea how many large companies in this country hire illegals, how many CEO's know about it and actually do profit from using illegals? GTFO here with that BS. Where's your outrage? Are you calling them or sending them letters? Where's your criticism of Trump? Trump didn't do anything until it was exposed by the fake news.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/dozen-un...fired-from-trump-golf-club-in-new-york-report

You've never known anybody who has broken the law and you didn't report them? Aren't you something.
You support this POS in the WH and you're going to care about and question MY character? Check your priorities.

I touched a nerve, eh? Garbage mouth outrage says it all. Your quote
“I use the subcontractors I'm given whether they be illegal, legal, Serbs, Czechs, from Central America, South America, wherever. I make the same”. You don’t care where they come from or if they are legal... you make money and that’s all you care about. Just like Trump. I have shut down the hiring of illegals everywhere I’ve worked. I care about people first, not money.

I touched a nerve, eh? Garbage mouth outrage says it all. Your quote
“I use the subcontractors I'm given whether they be illegal, legal, Serbs, Czechs, from Central America, South America, wherever. I make the same”. You don’t care where they come from or if they are legal... you make money and that’s all you care about. Just like Trump. I have shut down the hiring of illegals everywhere I’ve worked. I care about people first, not money.
Wtf is your major malfunction? If I report the illegals I still make the same money. Let me repeat that so it might sink in. If I report the illegals I still make the same money.
You've got this Trump shut down pat......ignore what's said and just repeat the same thing over and over.
I care about ALL people. Color or nationality doesn't matter. Huddled masses yearning to breathe free? Heard of that?
How about I twist words and their intent like you and Trump? "You care about (white) people first, not money."
Bravo on totally ignoring the FACT that Trump has employed illegals for years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT