ADVERTISEMENT

Well

BoilerMaker P

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 28, 2001
I think I’d rather have consistent good performances and 7,8, or 9 win seasons than 1 big upset over a highly ranked opponent every so often with the inability to string quality wins together. I don’t have the answer to that, but my faith in Brohm being able to deliver it is starting to wane.

I think I’d rather have consistent good performances and 7,8, or 9 win seasons than 1 big upset over a highly ranked opponent every so often with the inability to string quality wins together. I don’t have the answer to that, but my faith in Brohm being able to deliver it is starting to wane.
Maybe you shouldn’t be a Purdue fan. Not being an ass just pointing out the facts.

Let's see how the rest of the season goes first
It's common threads we see after a loss in football or even basketball.

The ledge sitters come out of their holes to post their answers for all the world's problems yet don't call in to the coaches show or send them in to the AD.

Losing sucks and we will lose again, but we will also win again. If we get to a bowl......which is still very possible......I wonder if the same ledge sitters will come back and eat their crow?

The ledge sitters come out of their holes to post their answers for all the world's problems yet don't call in to the coaches show or send them in to the AD.

Losing sucks and we will lose again, but we will also win again. If we get to a bowl......which is still very possible......I wonder if the same ledge sitters will come back and eat their crow?
the more things change, the more things stay the same.

Yeah, the sky ain't falling. Purdue will win more games this year. But Brohm seriously needs to figure out what he's gonna do QB wise. And maybe stop the QB rotation when the defense figures out the other 2 ain't throwing...

Seriously?

Yes, the ledge sitters and the “holier than thou ‘real’ fans” come out too. You can’t tell me you’re happy with the results over the past few years minus a couple of big feel good upsets.

Maybe they can scrape into the Music City bowl and get run off the field by a mid tier SEC team again.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Yeah, the sky ain't falling. Purdue will win more games this year. But Brohm seriously needs to figure out what he's gonna do QB wise. And maybe stop the QB rotation when the defense figures out the other 2 ain't throwing...
Yep. He needs to get a good one in the portal.

He fixed the defense so has shown he cam right the ship, he needs to do it on offense now.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Thanks for proving my point.
Sure. It’s the same every time on this board. Some are frustrated by the sub par performances and inexplicable losses, it doesn’t mean they’re any less of fans or bad fans as is always suggested. I’d argue the opposite is true, that the frustration comes from the passion of wanting to see Purdue win. Sorry, I’m just not an aw shucks we’ll get em next time guy.

Sure. It’s the same every time on this board. Some are frustrated by the sub par performances and inexplicable losses, it doesn’t mean they’re any less of fans or bad fans as is always suggested. I’d argue the opposite is true, that the frustration comes from the passion of wanting to see Purdue win. Sorry, I’m just not an aw shucks we’ll get em next time guy.
Na you're a all is lost jump off the ledge kinda guy. I get it.

Na you're a all is lost jump off the ledge kinda guy. I get it.
Yeah, my original post was totally “all is lost jump off the ledge.” That’s the problem with this board. Like everything else, it’s totally polarized and you pick a tribe. If your post isn’t 100% sunshine and lollipops everything about Purdue is awesome and you get this jump off the ledge shit. I guess I’ll take a break for a while.

Almost wondering if there is 2 Purdue teams! Played against 2 good defensive teams, night to day offense. Today also made me question the coaching staff on offense. Does Purdue not make adjustments for the 2nd half?

We were not favored to win the game.

Not sure why this is so hard to figure out, and why it needs to be stated week after week.

Until the depth is built (which it is), this is what we're going to see; the coaching talent (ability to prepare a team) to pull off an upset against a #2 ranked team, and then losing a tightly contested game.

Right now we do not have the depth of talent necessary to do what you're expecting.

(Apparently, #2 Iowa didn't, either...))

We were not favored to win the game.

Not sure why this is so hard to figure out, and why it needs to be stated week after week.

Until the depth is built (which it is), this is what we're going to see; the coaching talent (ability to prepare a team) to pull off an upset against a #2 ranked team, and then losing a tightly contested game.

Right now we do not have the depth of talent necessary to do what you're expecting.

(Apparently, #2 Iowa didn't, either...))
I'm not sure today was really a "depth" issue. When your QB continues to throw to the opposing players, and your coach continues to run the option that didn't fool anyone, it generally leads to a loss...

Maybe you shouldn’t be a Purdue fan. Not being an ass just pointing out the facts.
Another person who should take their grievances up with Morgan Burke primarily.. and with brohm to w far lesser degree for hiring diaco and retaining Williams as long as he did. But mostly Burke

I'm not sure today was really a "depth" issue. When your QB continues to throw to the opposing players, and your coach continues to run the option that didn't fool anyone, it generally leads to a loss...
Okay.

I am. I'm quite sure. Virtually every loss we have right now is a depth issue.

We're simply not deep enough (nor talented enough... yet) to go through the grind of a 12 game season and win every game. And, when that happens it's going to open the door to the emotional rantings we're seeing.

Holy cow... we beat the #2 team in the nation, then we lose to a team with whom we simply do not match up well. We're still above .500, with a legit shot to show overall improvement this year.

And, yet, we see all these rantings of people who have very little ability to endure the expected adversity of a tough, long season.

Okay.

I am. I'm quite sure. Virtually every loss we have right now is a depth issue.

We're simply not deep enough (nor talented enough... yet) to go through the grind of a 12 game season and win every game. And, when that happens it's going to open the door to the emotional rantings we're seeing.

Holy cow... we beat the #2 team in the nation, then we lose to a team with whom we simply do not match up well. We're still above .500, with a legit shot to show overall improvement this year.

And, yet, we see all these rantings of people who have very little ability to endure the expected adversity of a tough, long season.
We can agree to disagree on the loss today. Yes, talent level played into it. Depth, not so much. We could have, and probably should have won had O'Connell had a better day. Unfortunately, he forced too many passes. 5 turnovers made an enormous difference.

Do I agree we'll be more consistent with wins as depth improves? Absolutely. And will we win more games? Absolutely. But we probably should have won today with the players we had...

Reactions: MisterBlack7
We can agree to disagree on the loss today. Yes, talent level played into it. Depth, not so much. We could have, and probably should have won had O'Connell had a better day. Unfortunately, he forced too many passes. 5 turnovers made an enormous difference.

Do I agree we'll be more consistent with wins as depth improves? Absolutely. And will we win more games? Absolutely. But we probably should have won today with the players we had...
Then, I'm not sure what you agreeing to disagree over...

Another person who should take their grievances up with Morgan Burke primarily.. and with brohm to w far lesser degree for hiring diaco and retaining Williams as long as he did. But mostly Burke
Not sure why we have to kick dirt on someone's grave.

Not sure why we have to kick dirt on someone's grave.
Im not like morally angry at him.. my point is that my understanding is that tiller went to him and said it was time to make a big boy commitment to football and he did not think that was the case. Additionally hope and hazell. Those things have more to do with us not handing it to Wisconsin than little things brohm could have done.. for now.

also I didn’t know he passed away.. that’s terrible. Ok.. we as a school did not make the commitment pre brohm that we have recently .. better?

I agree with some of what you are saying. The lose to Illinois last year was like that for me. Frustrating. I just disagree that losing to Wisconsin is an inexplicable loss. They were the favorite. I would have liked to see us play better though. We really have to figure put how to run the ball some imo. Wisconsin seemed to run blitz every first down and then drop 8 or bring pressure every other down on 2nd or 3rd and 9+. Hard to execute consistently when you are always behind the chains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT