ADVERTISEMENT

Three NBA Prospects!

Incredible that Rivals dropped Colvin 7 spots in the updated rankings. From 82 to 89.
He was pressing so much this year in HS. The team had many good pieces but never played up to their potential. They just seemed out of sync and very predictable. I personally could careless where he is ranked. Kid is going to shine he just needs coached and allowed to be part of a team not responsible for the team.

You must be joking. Apparently, you didn't see the beat down Catching gave him. A 6'9 kid with no outside shot beating up on 6'4 kids is one thing but what can he do against size? If he played against Harelson he wouldn't do much either. I am not a fan of Bidunga so I cannot be fair about him.
#5 in the 2025 Mock Draft. He's a future lottery pick.

https://nbadraftroom.com/2025-nba-mock-draft/

NBAdraftlogo2-1-1024x536.jpg

Bryson Tucker is 1.3 years younger than both Ian Jackson and Nassir (Naas) Cunningham. He also outplayed Jackson when they were teammates on Team USA U16. Given the age, size, and polished game on video, I’d go with him at this point. Jackson is probably the most explosive athlete in the class, but Booker has more time to grow physically and get better. Flory Bidunga outplayed Xavier Booker in June, who is widely regarded as the best prospect in the 2024 draft, scoring 27 points and 10 rebounds vs Bookers 17 and 9. I don’t think he is as good of a prospect, but it is noteworthy. Killian Malwaya appears to be the top European Prospect, averaging 13.4ppg 3.8rpg in the World Cup this summer.

Last edited:
#5 in the 2025 Mock Draft. He's a future lottery pick.

https://nbadraftroom.com/2025-nba-mock-draft/

NBAdraftlogo2-1-1024x536.jpg

Bryson Tucker is 1.3 years younger than both Ian Jackson and Nassir (Naas) Cunningham. He also outplayed Jackson when they were teammates on Team USA U16. Given the age, size, and polished game on video, I’d go with him at this point. Jackson is probably the most explosive athlete in the class, but Booker has more time to grow physically and get better. Flory Bidunga outplayed Xavier Booker in June, who is widely regarded as the best prospect in the 2024 draft, scoring 27 points and 10 rebounds vs Bookers 17 and 9. I don’t think he is as good of a prospect, but it is noteworthy. Killian Malwaya appears to be the top European Prospect, averaging 13.4ppg 3.8rpg in the World Cup this summer.
Yes, Bidunga's game currently does not translate to the NBA. It doesn't mean he couldn't dominate in college.

No, only clips. Those clips remind me me of the center from Rutgers. Extremely explosive athlete who is quick off the floor, great rebounder, shot blocker & dunker. Any team would welcome that.

Leary on his rankings though based on clips I have seen which show no outside game... .which is why I say he is not better than others with said outside skills and ball handling @ the 2 & 3 that complement a team game.

If he has outside game similar to similarly ranked Glen Robinson, then I appoligize ......I just have not seen that though. Nor read reports of anyone who has.
He’s closer to high school Shawn Kemp than the Rutgers guy.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I came up with Serge Ibaka, similar rebounder and defender. Not much of an outside game but a long career. He starting shooting a few threes 3 or 4 years into his NBA career.

Last edited:
I came up with Serge Ibaka, similar rebounder and defender. Not much of an outside game but a long career. He starting shooting a few threes in 3 or 4 years into his NBA career.

Overlooked on that Thunder team with Durant, Westbrook, and Harden.

Reactions: TX4GB
That's a good post, but I'd take some exception with your take on Bidunga. While the Adams/Cincinnati thing is real, I think you're underestimating the chances that Flory goes to Purdue or IU. If he stays at Kokomo and doesn't go the prep school route next year (and that will be decided soon) then I don't think that G league will happen out of high school. And I'd put the collective IU/PU combo at least as likely as Cincinnati.
Coaches quit seeing Flory a few weeks ago when the rumor was he was going G league and the last few weeks have been seeing him again. Not sure the G league is the direction today. Very early in the season prep school was the talk, but think that died as well. Still, everything is so new to him it may be possible that his decisions change frequently.

Peckenpaugh is a Ball State grad. A personal friend of the Peckenpaugh family is an ex coach and now Supt I have known for 38 years. I have not talked about Flory to him for several months. I have never heard Peckenpaugh loves Purdue loves Purdue, but I haven’t asked any that would know. Matt holds a lot of respect from coaches and ex coaches and so it wouldn’t surprise me if he loved Matt. I may watch Kokomo Saturday and maybe learn something more on Flory

No, only clips. Those clips remind me me of the center from Rutgers. Extremely explosive athlete who is quick off the floor, great rebounder, shot blocker & dunker. Any team would welcome that.

Leary on his rankings though based on clips I have seen which show no outside game... .which is why I say he is not better than others with said outside skills and ball handling @ the 2 & 3 that complement a team game.

If he has outside game similar to similarly ranked Glen Robinson, then I appoligize ......I just have not seen that though. Nor read reports of anyone who has.
Right now I'd compare him to Dikembe Mutombo. Defense ahead of his offense for sure. Inside game mostly but the potential is there. Also, if he goes to the G-league I will get an IU neck tat.

Reactions: TooPoorToBleedGold
Incredible that Rivals dropped Colvin 7 spots in the updated rankings. From 82 to 89.
Ranked about the same as Eastern, Newman, Ivey, Loyer, and Morton. Heide was also in that range when he committed. I guess we'll see what we're getting next year.

The only "good news" about Loyer kind of running out of steam the second half of this year is that some of these recruits may see an opportunity for a chance at some playing time early in their career.

In December it looked like a lock that we had our starting 1 and 2 for the next four years. It's still a strong possibility but Loyer's struggles the last half of the season might allow potential recruits to at least see the possibility for some playing time early in their career.

The only "good news" about Loyer kind of running out of steam the second half of this year is that some of these recruits may see an opportunity for a chance at some playing time early in their career.

In December it looked like a lock that we had our starting 1 and 2 for the next four years. It's still a strong possibility but Loyer's struggles the last half of the season might allow potential recruits to at least see the possibility for some playing time early in their career.
Fair point. Think his struggles can be addressed with an off-season of weights and strength training. He has been abused the back half of the season.

He also needs to slow down his shot to get stuff to fall like it did earlier in the season.

Fair point. Think his struggles can be addressed with an off-season of weights and strength training. He has been abused the back half of the season.

He also needs to slow down his shot to get stuff to fall like it did earlier in the season.
I agree. I still believe it will be his spot to lose over the next several years and I have to believe he's a better shooter than he's shown the last half of the year, but things don't always turn around like you anticipate they will. We've had plenty of examples at Purdue were guys have kind of lost it and really never gotten it back. Off the top of my head guys like Stephens, Wheeler, Newman, Cornell....

That being said, I believe he'll get it back. I just hope it's this year!!!

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I agree. I still believe it will be his spot to lose over the next several years and I have to believe he's a better shooter than he's shown the last half of the year, but things don't always turn around like you anticipate they will. We've had plenty of examples at Purdue were guys have kind of lost it and really never gotten it back. Off the top of my head guys like Stephens, Wheeler, Newman, Cornell....

That being said, I believe he'll get it back. I just hope it's this year!!!
Did Wheeler ever have “it”? I think sometimes we made ourselves believe he was going to be better than he ever panned out to be.

The thing that makes Loyer different, in my mind, if he also has shown the ability to hit midrange and get to the rim. He doesn’t get down and disconnect when shots aren’t falling from deep. I do hope he gets the rhythm back in the tourney because he could be the fuel for a deeper run.

ADVERTISEMENT