ADVERTISEMENT

Three NBA Prospects!

oldboiler52

True Freshman
Jan 5, 2012
Has Painter ever had a more heralded visitor list? Jalen Haralson #5 in 2025 class is a weapon. A 6'7 point guard with all the skill you can jam into a single body. Kid does everything well offensively and defensively. If he goes to college, I like our chances. Yesterday was at least his 5th game at Mackey he also attended the IU game in Bloomington. He is a future lottery pick without Question. I watched him score 41 vs Anderson he had 10 points in the first half and refused to press his game. The game was close, and the kid just exploded on both ends of the court. Fouled out two players trying to stop him and seemingly got every rebound. He will score when needed but he goes to extreme lengths to get his teammates involved. He is IMO the ultimate teammate and yes, he makes everyone better.

Myles Colvin a 6'6 shooting guard with SOOO much untapped talent it is insane. I literally suffered every time I watched him play. A top 30 signee with even minimal coaching he would have won MR. Basketball that won't happen. He suffered thru a losing season 10-12 and lost in the first game of the sectionals. Kid wants to win and really has great instincts which is the only reason they won 10 games IMO. He will play in the NBA after two years at Purdue. He has all of the ability you could ask for he just needs coached up on how to use them.

Kanon Catching recently vaulted up in the rankings to top 20 IMO that is too low. Kid is still growing at 6'8 he is just now starting to use his size down low. He has great length and now he knows it and is starting to use it. I have been telling anyone who would listen this kid is going to the NBA. I expect he will be top 10 when he gets on campus. IMO, he passes up at least 10 points a game to keep his teammates involved. I am talking about wide open layups. He is on the same level as Fletcher and Brayden with his basketball savvy. What makes him so special is he knows the game and has the ability to execute it. I stand by my assessment that he may be the best player Painter has ever landed. And no, I am not forgetting Lottery pick Jaden Ivey. He just needs a shot of selfishness I know I have pounded this point into the dirt, but I can't let it go.

Painter wins with low or no ranked players but these three will make it so much easier. Great to see them all together at Mackey for the second time.

Oldboiler52...

What is your take on landing Flory Bidunga and Trent Sisley to join this elite group at Purdue?

Last edited:
Flory is a future lottery pick and I'd take him over any of them.
You must be joking. Apparently, you didn't see the beat down Catching gave him. A 6'9 kid with no outside shot beating up on 6'4 kids is one thing but what can he do against size? If he played against Harelson he wouldn't do much either. I am not a fan of Bidunga so I cannot be fair about him.

You must be joking. Apparently, you didn't see the beat down Catching gave him. A 6'9 kid with no outside shot beating up on 6'4 kids is one thing but what can he do against size? If he played against Harelson he wouldn't do much either. I am not a fan of Bidunga so I cannot be fair about him.
I tend to agree. He may be an Edey though ... two years with Brantley ... or two years without Brantley ... that is the question.

I'd be happy if we get Burgess, really good player for 4 yrs. Perry would be nice too

I don't know about Sis-ley. His parents follow me on twitter and send me results sometimes. His Dad is very protective as he should be. Whatever choice he makes will be the right choice. Much like Rosevelt Colvin no one is going to blow smoke up his kids butt. Solid kid with great values. Trust me his dad knows what he is doing. Hopefully we are the best fit.

Just curious why we are still recruiting him...then?? Is this speculation or is he telling the staff differently. Recruiting is fluid and can change quickly
Because he's good, so you shoot your shot and at this point you aren't chasing numbers, just a few select guys. So not like it's taking focus away from someone else you want.

I also think it sends a bad message if you aren't chasing one of the top guys in the state unless there is obvious red flags.

With all do respect to Brian. I think Painter is more in tune with where we stand. If Painter asked you to come to Mackey he believes he has a shot. Or he didn't read Brians assessment of how he does his job.
Brian’s assessment wasn’t about how Painter does his job. Seems like a shot at Brian who is usually pretty good at his job.

Is it true that Harrelson wears candy stripe warm-up at his high school games?

Bidunga might be a situation where he plays the post on offense and Berg plays on the outside as a 7’2” stretch 4. It wouldn’t work on D though. A fun thought from the 80s.

Bidunga and TKR would be good combo as well if TKR continues to develop a shot from 3. Berg in the mix, another deep front line.

Berg and Burgess = the new killer B’s. Burgess would be a Furst type once Caleb graduates. He would have time to develop since we have TKR.

Bidunga is agile and will be a great shot blocker. He is like his fellow countryman Serge Ibaka. He would be a huge get if it happens.

Brian’s assessment wasn’t about how Painter does his job. Seems like a shot at Brian who is usually pretty good at his job.

Is it true that Harrelson wears candy stripe warm-up at his high school games?
No shot at Brian I also think he is good at his job. But he would have to be a savant to say what a 15-year-old will do in 3 years. IDK about Fishers warm up's but their colors are red and white so may be not sure what that has to with anything.

My understanding is that out of Sisley, Haralson, and Bidunga, Sisley is the most likely to IU, Bidunga is the most likely to Purdue, and Haralson may lean IU over Purdue but is the most likely to end up at Duke, UK, or UNC.

Just curious why we are still recruiting him...then?? Is this speculation or is he telling the staff differently. Recruiting is fluid and can change quickly
Could be that Terry Johnson hangs out with his parents so that people assume he is at their house so he must be recruiting him. Their friendship only goes back to JR high school. You see coach Johnson is considered family by Jalen and has been in his life since birth. His dad and coach J played sports together at Anderson High School and his mother is also from Anderson and friends since JR High. But his team wears pinstripes so that trumps lifelong friendships. Some of this stuff like warmups just makes no sense to me. Since the new teams here and at H&R have stepped up their recruiting coverage, I plan on backing off. If I say we have a shot, we have a shot. Pinstripes or not.

Could be that Terry Johnson hangs out with his parents so that people assume he is at their house so he must be recruiting him. Their friendship only goes back to JR high school. You see coach Johnson is considered family by Jalen and has been in his life since birth. His dad and coach J played sports together at Anderson High School and his mother is also from Anderson and friends since JR High. But his team wears pinstripes so that trumps lifelong friendships. Some of this stuff like warmups just makes no sense to me. Since the new teams here and at H&R have stepped up their recruiting coverage, I plan on backing off. If I say we have a shot, we have a shot. Pinstripes or not.
Thanks for facts and not just speculation. Great inside information!

No don't back off!

Thanks for facts and not just speculation. Great inside information!
Here’s some (maybe to some) inside info:

Bidunga’s coach in Kokomo is a true Purdue fan and loves Painter.

The Sisley family is a multi generation IU fan family.

That’s why I am speculating that those are the more likely leans.

But all three of these players have made multiple visits to both campuses. Bidunga was at the IU/Michigan game yesterday, his third Bloomington game visit this season, this time with “we want Flory” chants from the student section.

It’s interesting; Sisley is definitely the lowest ranked player of the three, but the one I’m most confident will stay in-state. Cinci is a real player for Bidunga and Duke will push hard for Haralson.

Last edited:
Here’s some (maybe to some) inside info:

Bidunga’s coach in Kokomo is a true Purdue fan and loves Painter.

The Sisley family is a multi generation IU fan family.

That’s why I am speculating that those are the more likely leans.

But all three of these players have made multiple visits to both campuses. Bidunga was at the IU/Michigan game yesterday, his third Bloomington game visit this season, this time with “we want Flory” chants from the student section.

It’s interesting; Sisley is definitely the lowest ranked player of the three, but the one I’m most confident will stay in-state. Cinci is a real player for Bidunga and Duke will push hard for Haralson.
Good post. FB is not going to IU. Purdue has a shot but more likely G league or Cinci.

MP has a shot at Sisley as well but ageee that that’s an uphill battle vs IU. As odd as it is to say, the NCAAT results may have an influence there. If Purdue can make a run or IU flames out early it gives the family an excuse to choose Purdue.

Haralson is not the type of recruitment MP has ever won. Not saying it’s impossible, but seems like a big reach.

My understanding is that out of Sisley, Haralson, and Bidunga, Sisley is the most likely to IU, Bidunga is the most likely to Purdue, and Haralson may lean IU over Purdue but is the most likely to end up at Duke, UK, or UNC.
The lustre may be coming off of Duke and UNC. The coaching changes have have put them on the NCAA bubble. It isn't often you see teams loaded with McD AAs getting invited to the NIT.

Good post. FB is not going to IU. Purdue has a shot but more likely G league or Cinci.

MP has a shot at Sisley as well but ageee that that’s an uphill battle vs IU. As odd as it is to say, the NCAAT results may have an influence there. If Purdue can make a run or IU flames out early it gives the family an excuse to choose Purdue.

Haralson is not the type of recruitment MP has ever won. Not saying it’s impossible, but seems like a big reach.
That's a good post, but I'd take some exception with your take on Bidunga. While the Adams/Cincinnati thing is real, I think you're underestimating the chances that Flory goes to Purdue or IU. If he stays at Kokomo and doesn't go the prep school route next year (and that will be decided soon) then I don't think that G league will happen out of high school. And I'd put the collective IU/PU combo at least as likely as Cincinnati.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Has Painter ever had a more heralded visitor list? Jalen Haralson #5 in 2025 class is a weapon. A 6'7 point guard with all the skill you can jam into a single body. Kid does everything well offensively and defensively. If he goes to college, I like our chances. Yesterday was at least his 5th game at Mackey he also attended the IU game in Bloomington. He is a future lottery pick without Question. I watched him score 41 vs Anderson he had 10 points in the first half and refused to press his game. The game was close, and the kid just exploded on both ends of the court. Fouled out two players trying to stop him and seemingly got every rebound. He will score when needed but he goes to extreme lengths to get his teammates involved. He is IMO the ultimate teammate and yes, he makes everyone better.

Myles Colvin a 6'6 shooting guard with SOOO much untapped talent it is insane. I literally suffered every time I watched him play. A top 30 signee with even minimal coaching he would have won MR. Basketball that won't happen. He suffered thru a losing season 10-12 and lost in the first game of the sectionals. Kid wants to win and really has great instincts which is the only reason they won 10 games IMO. He will play in the NBA after two years at Purdue. He has all of the ability you could ask for he just needs coached up on how to use them.

Kanon Catching recently vaulted up in the rankings to top 20 IMO that is too low. Kid is still growing at 6'8 he is just now starting to use his size down low. He has great length and now he knows it and is starting to use it. I have been telling anyone who would listen this kid is going to the NBA. I expect he will be top 10 when he gets on campus. IMO, he passes up at least 10 points a game to keep his teammates involved. I am talking about wide open layups. He is on the same level as Fletcher and Brayden with his basketball savvy. What makes him so special is he knows the game and has the ability to execute it. I stand by my assessment that he may be the best player Painter has ever landed. And no, I am not forgetting Lottery pick Jaden Ivey. He just needs a shot of selfishness I know I have pounded this point into the dirt, but I can't let it go.

Painter wins with low or no ranked players but these three will make it so much easier. Great to see them all together at Mackey for the second time.
So these guys were there on Saturday + all Walters' recruits...dayum, lot of future pros in the building.

What? Your kidding right?
Kid will be equivalent to the Center at Rutgers. Great dunker. A team will be glad to have him

But better than all of the others, NO.
Have you seen the kid play? Rivals has him 2nd & ESPN has him 4th.

Have you seen the kid play? Rivals has him 2nd & ESPN has him 4th.

No, only clips. Those clips remind me me of the center from Rutgers. Extremely explosive athlete who is quick off the floor, great rebounder, shot blocker & dunker. Any team would welcome that.

Leary on his rankings though based on clips I have seen which show no outside game... .which is why I say he is not better than others with said outside skills and ball handling @ the 2 & 3 that complement a team game.

If he has outside game similar to similarly ranked Glen Robinson, then I appoligize ......I just have not seen that though. Nor read reports of anyone who has.

No, only clips. Those clips remind me me of the center from Rutgers. Extremely explosive athlete who is quick off the floor, great rebounder, shot blocker & dunker. Any team would welcome that.

Leary on his rankings though based on clips I have seen which show no outside game... .which is why I say he is not better than others with said outside skills and ball handling @ the 2 & 3 that complement a team game.

If he has outside game similar to similarly ranked Glen Robinson, then I appoligize ......I just have not seen that though. Nor read reports of anyone who has.
Regardless of whether he has an outside game, he doesn’t get ranked that high without an abundance of talent. Add him to Catchings and Benter and we’re looking at a great class. Add Perry or Harris and we’re looking at a top 5 class, nationally.

Regardless of whether he has an outside game, he doesn’t get ranked that high without an abundance of talent. Add him to Catchings and Benter and we’re looking at a great class. Add Perry or Harris and we’re looking at a top 5 class, nationally.

100% agreed.

But that wasn't my point answering the poster's question.

That's a good post, but I'd take some exception with your take on Bidunga. While the Adams/Cincinnati thing is real, I think you're underestimating the chances that Flory goes to Purdue or IU. If he stays at Kokomo and doesn't go the prep school route next year (and that will be decided soon) then I don't think that G league will happen out of high school. And I'd put the collective IU/PU combo at least as likely as Cincinnati.
You could be right. If you told me I could take the field vs IU and Purdue for FB and I'd have to give you 3:1 odds to do so I'd take it. So I'm not saying there's no chance, but I'd put Purdue's odds a 1 in 5 and IU's below that. Stranger things have certainly happened.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM

Incredible that Rivals dropped Colvin 7 spots in the updated rankings. From 82 to 89.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT