ADVERTISEMENT

and then there was...

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
There are a LOT of very good ball players that have played in a premier league like the Big and have no rings because of their playing days. It has always been a great accomplishment to win the Big, with the grind it is. It is a long season and winning it doesn’t happen by just playing well for a couple of weeks or the flash in the pan that catches the attention of so many. As the conference grows it should get even more difficult. Teams and players are scouted so thoroughly, that when combined with physical play, games become quite the battles. Many teams win at home, but can’t produce enough wins away from home to accomplish the task. Those teams get bunched together quite often, and don’t win the league.

I wish I could find the thread where the IU guy Ker??? thought I was nuts for saying this team would be better than last year with him pointing out that Purdue didn’t have Jaden or Trevion. I’m sure he and others could point to a lot of things and say I was nuts, but this team has already accomplished more than last year and has still more ways to add to their accomplishments.

No team is without its weaknesses and Purdue has those as well. Still, Purdue has shown over a few months that it can be successful playing against a lot of different teams approach. Very soon Purdue will enter a single game elimination which obviously means playing really well at a given point in time and not the consistent playing that produced the Big championship. Many things are at play in a given game where the best team most the time may or may not win at a given occasion. Those games can only add to the accomplishments of this team who have already accomplished what so few could and have in the past. Well done Boilers…

ADVERTISEMENT