ADVERTISEMENT

W/ Flecht and Lance missing so many shots.......

I can't speak for why colvin isn't playing but Loyer was God awful on d today. If he wasn't gifted 5 points on late fts his stat line would have been 2 pts, 1 assist and 1 to in 30 MINS! Unreal how bad he was today. He gave up a ton of open shots for Rutgers.

Reactions: pboiler18
I can't speak for why colvin isn't playing but Loyer was God awful on d today. If he wasn't gifted 5 points on late fts his stat line would have been 2 pts, 1 assist and 1 to in 30 MINS! Unreal how bad he was today. He gave up a ton of open shots for Rutgers.
Starters need reps in games like this. Colvin is the 10th man in the rotation. I’m not sure why people don’t see that he just isn’t going to get playing time in close games.

Probably belongs in the Colvin thread. But it's these kind of games in which I'd really like to get Colvin in and see if he's hitting. Also, I dont get the love affair with Morton's defense. Yeah he works hard i guess but I seriously doubt any opponent is game planning to stay away from him. I guess we need his ballhandling.

Probably belongs in the Colvin thread. But it's these kind of games in which I'd really like to get Colvin in and see if he's hitting. Also, I dont get the love affair with Morton's defense. Yeah he works hard i guess but I seriously doubt any opponent is game planning to stay away from him. I guess we need his ballhandling.
good post, their coach wasn't afraid to try their goggled guard who a frosh for a spark

It’s pretty obvious Painter is going to ride 7 guys , in blowouts he will use his bench. And when we get beat early in the tournament again he will say things like it’s on me and I’m gonna change , but next year do the same. That’s why he the best coach that hasn’t been to a final four. Not a good list to be on

good post, their coach wasn't afraid to try their goggled guard who a frosh for a spark
I do NOT know anything about him, except he shot immediately when he got in. My guess is he is a shooter and Pikiell thought the clock was running out for as quick as they needed to score and so he did what he believed he needed to do. I say that not knowing anything about the player other than how he was used. Do you have background on the guy with the glasses to know what I do not because I don’t know anything about him

It’s pretty obvious Painter is going to ride 7 guys , in blowouts he will use his bench. And when we get beat early in the tournament again he will say things like it’s on me and I’m gonna change , but next year do the same. That’s why he the best coach that hasn’t been to a final four. Not a good list to be on
Or this team keeps rolling with our core guys who happen to be pretty damn good

He was like the 20th ranked player in the country so it’s not like he isn’t good but I get the point
You answered my question not knowing anything about the player which you confirmed. He was sent in to score as a desperation move since the clock was winding down and Pikiell needed point’s quickly.

That said I wonder how many threads in the Rutger’s site are talking about how stubborn Pikiell is for not playing him more?

Or this team keeps rolling with our core guys who happen to be pretty damn good
I wonder how many threads are on the Rutger’s site about Pikiell not playing the 20th rated player more?

That said I wonder how many threads in the Rutger’s site are talking about how stubborn Pikiell is for not playing him more?

You answered my question not knowing anything about the player which you confirmed. He was sent in to score as a desperation move since the clock was winding down and Pikiell needed point’s quickly.

Except he averages 16 minutes a game

Reactions: tjreese
He's played every game, averages 16+ minutes and almost 6 points. Not the same thing.
SoPikiell didn’t play him as much today. Must have wanted different particulars until the hour glass was running out

Except he averages 16 minutes a game
Keep reading or ask yourself why not 16 today? Pikiell must see certain things… probably on D and didn’t think Rutgers could out score Purdue and maybe doubled down on D until the clock was working against him. Just a guess…any other ideas why he didn’t play as much as usual?

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Keep reading or ask yourself why not 16 today? Pikiell must see certain things… probably on D and didn’t think Rutgers could out score Purdue and maybe doubled down on D until the clock was working against him. Just a guess…any other ideas why he didn’t play as much as usual?
Agree

He also shot an amazing 3-11. I don't know what people are getting pissy about.
Well, it happens. People have an idea and see what they believe supports their opinions which are formed many different ways. A quicker whistle and there is less discussion on one reason but the same discussion for a different reason

• Love
His size helps a bunch when he is on a guard.

Why can’t people accept that you earn playing time by playing the game the right way and having the right attitude ALL the time, not when it’s convenient or when you want to. It’s team first, and Colvin is not there yet, and if if he doesn’t want to get there, he can leave. He knows that, they all know that. This is big time basketball, and no one gives a shit how talented you are, they are all talented.

Why can’t people accept that you earn playing time by playing the game the right way and having the right attitude ALL the time, not when it’s convenient or when you want to. It’s team first, and Colvin is not there yet, and if if he doesn’t want to get there, he can leave. He knows that, they all know that. This is big time basketball, and no one gives a shit how talented you are, they are all talented.
Totally agree and I also believe anyone can play solid D if they really want to.

Reactions: Gesysp
I would have liked to see more Heide when it became clear Loyer wasn't going to have it today.

I do think it was too physical, but I think it helped them more than a finesse team. I may have to go over there and see what they are saying about the 20th rated goggles guy and why he never played much.
Please post an update

Yep. #2 in the country good and more Q1 and Q1/Q2 wins than any other team in the country good.

Some of our fans are really clueless.
Totally clueless, but they need Painter to prove it to them that they are clueless???? Painter is going coach to his teams strengths. Painter knows what he is doing! These so called fans need to go to the IU forum and complain that way they will be singing in the same "CHOIR"!

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT