ADVERTISEMENT

Vote by Mail

Well, I suggest you read my very first post in this string. I simply said that there have been issues with Mail in ballots this year that needed to be improved before the election or there could be major delays, disputes over errors, opportunities for fraud, etc.

There are many reports of issues from various places in the country.

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

West Virginia mail carrier guilty of election fraud after altering ballot requests to Republican
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ion-fraud-altered-ballot-requests/5412010002/

“In 2016, more than 73,000 out of 33 million mail-in ballots arrived too late to be counted.”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...t_missing_in_last_four_elections_143033.html#!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...is_charged_in_nj_mail-in_election_143551.html

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/04...wn-out-because-of-fraudulent-mail-in-ballots/

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/04/07/danger-moving-vote-by-mail-168602

https://www.insidesources.com/mail-in-ballots-make-voter-fraud-easy-i-know-because-i-did-it/
“Also in 2019, a Democratic city clerk in Southfield, Michigan, was arrested and charged with six felonies for falsifying absentee ballot records to say that 193 of the ballots in one election were missing signatures or a return date, when in fact they had both. The correct records were found in the trash can in her office.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/o...on-dont-ignore-problems-vote-mail/3084260001/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nevadas-vote-by-mail-primary-fraud-concerns Nevada

https://time.com/4370479/voting-rights-problems-primary-general-election/

Again, the point is that with the move towards more and more mail in ballots issues need to be resolved before November. It is likely that the winner will not be known for a long time. Legal challenges are likely.
At least the USPS is gearing up for the additional mail voting.

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/29/usps-postal-service-privatization/

"A barrage of new changes have come down, including delayed mail sortation. Workers say they threaten USPS’s core mission."

I have no problem at all with major changes at the USPS.......its been needed for a long time. However, it does seem like a strange time to do it..........a few months before the most significant election in decades and in the middle of a pandemic that will drastically increase the number of mail in votes......considering everyone agrees that mail delivery will be delayed.

You are right. The postal service has been horribly run from an efficiency perspective for a very long time. Currently it appears to me that the vast majority of mail to individuals is bulk advertising. Most people get very few important things by mail. For years I have talked with friends about why we need 6 day deliveries of home mail. It seems ridiculous to me.

All that said, as far as the election is concerned maybe the week before and the week after the election all other mail delivery should be greatly reduced or even stopped to allow a total focus on the mail in ballots. In addition, there needs to be more training, checks and balances, and security put in place to insure all votes are filled out correctly and honestly. Regardless of the changes we can expect delays in getting the results completed and there will be lots of accusations on both sides, law suits, etc. unfortunately that is the American way.

You are right. The postal service has been horribly run from an efficiency perspective for a very long time. Currently it appears to me that the vast majority of mail to individuals is bulk advertising. Most people get very few important things by mail. For years I have talked with friends about why we need 6 day deliveries of home mail. It seems ridiculous to me.

All that said, as far as the election is concerned maybe the week before and the week after the election all other mail delivery should be greatly reduced or even stopped to allow a total focus on the mail in ballots. In addition, there needs to be more training, checks and balances, and security put in place to insure all votes are filled out correctly and honestly. Regardless of the changes we can expect delays in getting the results completed and there will be lots of accusations on both sides, law suits, etc. unfortunately that is the American way.
I don't think there will be lots of accusations on both sides.

We already have one side going far beyond accusations. Trump has made a DECLARATION.

"It’ll be fixed, it will be rigged."
"the greatest election disaster in history."

This 3 months before the election.

So not only will it be a disaster because of mail in voting, it's also going to be fixed AGAINST HIM. Why couldn't it be fixed against Biden?

Not to mention trump has floated the idea of moving the election.

Biden has made no predictions or accusations, other than saying what trump would say and do.........which he has been right about.

It's crystal clear which side is going to try and f..k with this election and you know it. Trust your eyes and ears. Would trump be saying these things if he were 10 points up in the polls? Of course not.......and you know that too.

We already have one side going far beyond accusations. Trump has made a DECLARATION.

So not only will it be a disaster because of mail in voting, it's also going to be fixed AGAINST HIM. Why couldn't it be fixed against Biden?

Biden has made no predictions or accusations, other than saying what trump would say and do.........which he has been right about.

It's crystal clear which side is going to try and f..k with this election and you know it. Trust your eyes and ears. Would trump be saying these things if he were 10 points up in the polls? Of course not.......and you know that too.
Damn, I thought your TDS was under control but I should have known.

Cut the BS deflection Bruce. Tell me what I'm missing here. Tell me where I lied or misquoted what he said. Be freaking honest with yourself for once when it comes to trump.

I learned a long time ago it was fruitless with liberals to discuss Trump. This post is about mail in voting and the real issues that need to be overcome for the election to be successful. You threw the Trump card on the table which is irrelevant to the handling of the election and the real issues around mail in ballots. I put a lot of data on this post indicating many real real issues concerning mail in voting and you flipped the conversation to your version of TDS. The mail in voting issues that we have encountered were not caused by some subversive plot by Trump regardless of what you, MSM, etc say. Mail in voting will help a lot of people vote but there are issues that will delay the election results, etc. Try researching the topic with the objective of understanding the issues and you just might understand.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I learned a long time ago it was fruitless with liberals to discuss Trump. This post is about mail in voting and the real issues that need to be overcome for the election to be successful. You threw the Trump card on the table which is irrelevant to the handling of the election and the real issues around mail in ballots. I put a lot of data on this post indicating many real real issues concerning mail in voting and you flipped the conversation to your version of TDS. The mail in voting issues that we have encountered were not caused by some subversive plot by Trump regardless of what you, MSM, etc say. Mail in voting will help a lot of people vote but there are issues that will delay the election results, etc. Try researching the topic with the objective of understanding the issues and you just might understand.

Bruce, there is ZERO way you can talk about the post office and the election and NOT bring up Trump, not with all of the comments he’s already made about mail-in voting. They absolutely go hand in hand, especially given how close we are to the election.

Bruce, there is ZERO way you can talk about the post office and the election and NOT bring up Trump, not with all of the comments he’s already made about mail-in voting. They absolutely go hand in hand, especially given how close we are to the election.
Not true. Try reading the real and valid issues with mail in voting pointed out by people all across the country. Those issues need to be dealt with along with other voting issues. This years’ primaries showed in. Any states that there were issues with mail in and also electronic voting systems.

Not true. Try reading the real and valid issues with mail in voting pointed out by people all across the country. Those issues need to be dealt with along with other voting issues. This years’ primaries showed in. Any states that there were issues with mail in and also electronic voting systems.

I didn’t say that I disagreed about issues with the post office. I said I disagreed about not tying it to trump and what he’s publicly stated about mail in voting. Those are not mutually exclusive items, especially now.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I didn’t say that I disagreed about issues with the post office. I said I disagreed about not tying it to trump and what he’s publicly stated about mail in voting. Those are not mutually exclusive items, especially now.
They aren’t mutually exclusive to you because you have an incurable case of TDS. I am not burdened by the thinking that everything bad happening on the National and world stage is a plot by dictator Trump. There is no way he is that smart, charismatic, etc. My opinion.

They aren’t mutually exclusive to you because you have an incurable case of TDS. I am not burdened by the thinking that everything bad happening on the National and world stage is a plot by dictator Trump. There is no way he is that smart, charismatic, etc. My opinion.

You seem to have TDS, not me: Trump Devotion Syndrome. Bruce, if you don’t think Trump wants nothing more than to make mail-in voting a complete train wreck, then there’s no fixing that pile of scrambled eggs you call a brain between your ears.

Oh look, Bruce....suddenly vote by mail is cool. At least in Florida because some nonexistent mess that the Democrats created was cleaned up.

I just really wanted to point out how this man is trying to undermine the election and am interested to see whatever lame defense of him you have. Of course, At this point it’s for pure entertainment purposes but I need a laugh.

Oh look, Bruce....suddenly vote by mail is cool. At least in Florida because some nonexistent mess that the Democrats created was cleaned up.

I just really wanted to point out how this man is trying to undermine the election and am interested to see whatever lame defense of him you have. Of course, At this point it’s for pure entertainment purposes but I need a laugh.

Now they'll say they were ALWAYS for voting by mail. Just wait till Fox and Rush give them their talking points.

The pubs are telling him that attacking mail in votes will hurt them. He never thought about that. The man wouldn't know a consistent strategy if it sat on his face.

Trump will just act like nothing happened. His supporters will ignore that their president just did a 180 on mail in votes........at least in Florida.

Can't wait for him to tell us how mail in voting is good in some states, bad in others.

He has to promote Vote By Mail in Florida. The polls have him down in Florida and he has to count on getting as many of his voters to vote as possible. He's going to get crushed if his voters don't do mail in voting. He knows it. The GOP knows it.

Mail in voting is only bad in states that he doesn't see as "must-wins" and he can leverage as props to show how everything was rigged against him.

He's the only one saying that mail in voting is good in some places and bad in others. And @Bruce1 and his other disciples eat it up and regurgitate it.

I hope this gets ironed out before November. Mail in ballots can easily be “lost” by postal workers with an agenda. Let me see, which political party would the Postal Workers union support? Hmmm in battleground states the votes will be highly predictable by zip code.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vote-by-mail-ballot-counted-election/

And now we have face book promoting voter registration to the world. This could get interesting.
What misinformation are they deleting? Do they fact check all information or just information that doesn't fit their narrative?
https://www.mail.com/scitech/health...efforts-ahead-us-el.html#.23140-stage-hero1-7

I'm not sure trump has thought this all the way through.
Pubs have historically done well with vote by mail. Florida got his attention.

But his post office shenanigans could backfire with seniors or others who get their medications by mail.......or all the small businesses that depend on it to ship their products. He could be pissing off the very people whose vote he's trying to get.

And now we have face book promoting voter registration to the world. This could get interesting.
What misinformation are they deleting? Do they fact check all information or just information that doesn't fit their narrative?
https://www.mail.com/scitech/health...efforts-ahead-us-el.html#.23140-stage-hero1-7

Facebook has been a mess, but mostly because it's run rampant with blatantly false information. If they clean it up, good for them. It's a private company.

And I'm not sure what's controversial about promoting voter registration...

Don't worry, Trump requested his mail ballots though! Do as I say, not as I do.

Listening to Trump explain his diabolical plot to destroy democracy was like watching Goldfinger, or some silly Scooby Doo villain before being unmasked.Trump lies all the time, until he's supposed to lie. It's unreal.

The USPS now removing mailboxes around the country.

In addition, "Anticipating an avalanche of absentee ballots, the U.S. Postal Service recently sent detailed letters to 46 states and D.C. warning that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted — adding another layer of uncertainty ahead of the high-stakes presidential contest."

How much more obvious does it have to be? Trump's hand picked, big donor Postmaster General is slowing down mail delivery at the same time as Trump says
"If they don't get those two items that means you can't have universal mail-in voting because you they're not equipped to have it."

He doesn't even have to care about appearances anymore. The pubs in the Senate will do nothing to stop him, their political futures depend on keeping their mouths shut.

Barr will reveal selected parts of the Durham report before the election, the USPS has become politicized, trump has convinced his minions the election will be rigged, trump will continue the birther accusations against Harris, and we know there is no way he will accept the election results should Biden win. Strange though, will he be saying it was rigged if he wins? Of course freakin not.

He will cheat, lie, break the rules in plain sight to win........and 35% of America will have no problem with it.

In addition, "Anticipating an avalanche of absentee ballots, the U.S. Postal Service recently sent detailed letters to 46 states and D.C. warning that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted — adding another layer of uncertainty ahead of the high-stakes presidential contest."

How much more obvious does it have to be? Trump's hand picked, big donor Postmaster General is slowing down mail delivery at the same time as Trump says
"If they don't get those two items that means you can't have universal mail-in voting because you they're not equipped to have it."

He doesn't even have to care about appearances anymore. The pubs in the Senate will do nothing to stop him, their political futures depend on keeping their mouths shut.

Barr will reveal selected parts of the Durham report before the election, the USPS has become politicized, trump has convinced his minions the election will be rigged, trump will continue the birther accusations against Harris, and we know there is no way he will accept the election results should Biden win. Strange though, will he be saying it was rigged if he wins? Of course freakin not.

He will cheat, lie, break the rules in plain sight to win........and 35% of America will have no problem with it.
What is your problem with early voting? People have over two months to vote. The military can vote by mail all others, don’t see what your bitching about.

What is your problem with early voting? People have over two months to vote. The military can vote by mail all others, don’t see what your bitching about.
I don't have a problem with early voting. ?
You don't understand why more people than normal want to vote by mail during a pandemic? Do you understand trump wants to restrict our most fundamental right because HE says it's fraudulent.....against only him btw? What's your point?

I don't have a problem with early voting. ?
You don't understand why more people than normal want to vote by mail during a pandemic? Do you understand trump wants to restrict our most fundamental right because HE says it's fraudulent.....against only him btw? What's your point?
My point is go to the polls and vote. People have the opportunity to vote early when there are very few people at the polling places during this time. I’ve voted early in the past and was the only voter present. I don’t see this as an issue for or against Trump or Biden.

you stooges have zero room to pre complain about an election after 2016. zero! as the guilty plea deals roll in...

He has to promote Vote By Mail in Florida. The polls have him down in Florida and he has to count on getting as many of his voters to vote as possible. He's going to get crushed if his voters don't do mail in voting. He knows it. The GOP knows it.

Mail in voting is only bad in states that he doesn't see as "must-wins" and he can leverage as props to show how everything was rigged against him.

He's the only one saying that mail in voting is good in some places and bad in others. And @Bruce1 and his other disciples eat it up and regurgitate it.

It could also be that Florida actually has a process in place to manage Mail In voting that other states don’t.

https://dos.myflorida.com/elections/for-voters/voting/absentee-voting/
https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...-mail-in-florida-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

Sorry to bust your bubble, boys and girls. I know this doesn’t line up with your agenda but......TS!

Bob. The post office has been removing mail boxes for a long long time.

https://www.savethepostoffice.com/where-have-all-blue-boxes-gone/

https://www.uspsoig.gov/blog/where-have-all-collection-boxes-gone

pathetic. The post office needs a major overhaul. This has been the same for decades. A huge money pit.

pathetic. The post office needs a major overhaul. This has been the same for decades. A huge money pit.
Yep, post office is a money pit. We should let rural areas flounder, providing services to those areas is a huge drain. Stop wasting money there and let the rest of us reap the benefits.
I’m never shocked at how quickly the cult falls in line with whatever the fuhrer says.

Last edited:
You do realize the post office is not a for profit business? But go down that road, let's cut the shit out of the military. They are the biggest money pit.
So the post office is in business to lose money. Why do they keep raising the price of stamps and small package shipments?

It does. But not by a huge Trump donor 3 months before the election as Trump is preaching that mail in ballots are fraudulent. At best it's poor optics, at worst it's an attempt by Trump to affect the election.

Yes, mailboxes have always been taken out or relocated depending on volume. Maybe all the ones being picked up now is normal, maybe its not. Have sorting machines always been deactivated, slowing the volume of mail sorted by 10%? Is cutting overtime a normal practice?

It's all just coincidence.

This disgraceful move by Trump will hurt a lot of businesses who used USPS to deliver their goods/products which will not be good for an economic recovery.

I think/hope people will make sure that their vote is in by election day as they can take ballots to their city clerk's office which is what I am planning to do.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT