ADVERTISEMENT

Here's what Democrats truly believe about voting rights for all

Yes to all those questions. When was the last time you heard a Jewish person say that the Holocaust was good? When was the last time you heard a Japanese person say that the WW2 Japanese internment camps were good?
Dude, you are taking what was really said majorly out of context when you make comments like this. I know where you're going with this and it's dishonest. If you'd take the time to listen to the full context of the comments people like Candice and others you constantly call gumbo/sambo then you might learn something.

They never said slavery, the institution, was a good thing. Not once did they try to say that. What they were implying is that because of slavery, it brought a lot of black people to the US where they live in what they believe to be the greatest, most free, least racist country in the world. If slavery didn't exist, all of those people that live here because of it would be living in poverty/war/starvation/slavery in Africa still. They are saying that these decedents today are living in a better place because of it. It's not a hard concept to comprehend, but people like you take it out of context all the time.

Reactions: bonefish1
Most are older than me. The others are VERY well educated and very successful. I don't talk about you or anything posted here. We talk politics on our own. Similar conversations have come up and they do not agree with your positions at all. That's what happens when you're not brainwashed by propaganda. You learn reality.

Yes. He's never specifically talked about Owens, but he didn't like Trump because of his temperament. Laughed out loud when bringing up the white supremacy part and said, "people be crazy".
I'm not brainwashed by media either. I talk about the issues with other folks black and white. With the black people I talk to we pretty much agree on each issue, particularly when it comes to racial issues. Mainly because we are all 50 plus years old and remember how it was and how we all got to this point. They all do not agree with the Clarence Thomas' and Candace Owens' and others like them.

What issues do they disagree with me on? And what issues do they agree with me on?

I'm not brainwashed by media either. I talk about the issues with other folks black and white. With the black people I talk to we pretty much agree on each issue, particularly when it comes to racial issues. Mainly because we are all 50 plus years old and remember how it was and how we all got to this point. They all do not agree with the Clarence Thomas' and Candace Owens' and others like them.

What issues do they disagree with me on? And what issues do they agree with me on?
Let me guess. All of these people that think the same as you live in Dem run areas right? So who's the real problem here?

Also, just because other people you talk to agree with you doesn't mean they aren't getting their ideas from media/Dems.

They do not believe there is systemic racism for starters.

Why do you do this all day? What’s the point? Some were probably hoping that you would take a step back after your “sambo” or whatever thread was deleted but it seems that you may have some problems. Take care and here’s to hoping you can find better things to do with your time.

Why do you do this all day? What’s the point? Some were probably hoping that you would take a step back after your “sambo” or whatever thread was deleted but it seems that you may have some problems. Take care and here’s to hoping you can find better things to do with your time.
Did not know it was deleted. Should not have been though. Nobody deleted the thread of some fool on this board calling me a boy, did they. I said nothing wrong. Perhaps I'll say black traitors instead. You guys are sensitive. No wonder y'all don't want your kids to learn about black history.

Naw, naw, naw. We don't want BNI going anywhere. We don't do that cancel culture $hit.
He's entitled to his opinion and can say whatever he wants. He's personally one of my favorite posters even though we're 180 degrees apart on most things.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Did not know it was deleted. Should not have been though. Nobody deleted the thread of some fool on this board calling me a boy, did they. I said nothing wrong. Perhaps I'll say black traitors instead. You guys are sensitive. No wonder y'all don't want your kids to learn about black history.
We used to have a Sambo's close by, good food. What is your actual point besides how down trodden you are? Ever think your attitude has anything to do with it? If I were an employer and interviewed you I would never hire you because you are a trouble maker.

We used to have a Sambo's close by, good food. What is your actual point besides how down trodden you are? Ever think your attitude has anything to do with it? If I were an employer and interviewed you I would never hire you because you are a trouble maker.
I remember Sambos.

Trouble maker? Well Rep. John Lewis told folks before he died to start "Good Trouble". I do my job well by the way.

I remember Sambos.

Trouble maker? Well Rep. John Lewis told folks before he died to start "Good Trouble". I do my job well by the way.
No because if I hired you , you would be starting bad trouble all the time. It wouldn't matter what it was , white guy was in the bathroom a minute more than me so its racism, whatever it would be you would cry racism about it. You think that is doing a job well? What if white people in sports reacted the same way you do about blacks constantly today? It's not the 1960's . Everything that happens to you personally doesnt happen to you because you are black, likely a lot happens because of your attitude.

Why do you do this all day? What’s the point? You’re changing the minds of nobody and obviously you said something that was worth the deletion of the thread. And whoever moderates this board probably didn’t see the term “boy” derogatory since President Biden and many others have used it in the past. I’m not sensitive but you obviously think there are many here that are. It also appears that many view you as the board jester. If you like that role, go for it. You’re getting nowhere though.

Naw, naw, naw. We don't want BNI going anywhere. We don't do that cancel culture $hit.
He's entitled to his opinion and can say whatever he wants. He's personally one of my favorite posters even though we're 180 degrees apart on most things.
Oh no, I’m not a supporter of cancel culture. He’s absolutely entitled to his opinion but a line was crossed earlier and the people who moderate this board thought so too. It’s just disappointing to see Purdue fans like him outwardly trash people that he doesn’t agree with while calling them names. That’s all.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Oh no, I’m not a supporter of cancel culture. He’s absolutely entitled to his opinion but a line was crossed earlier and the people who moderate this board thought so too. It’s just disappointing to see Purdue fans like him outwardly trash people that he doesn’t agree with while calling them names. That’s all.
Yeh, but this is an anonymous message board. What gets said here is divisive, offensive, racist, bigoted, partisan, controversial, opinionated, etc, etc. It's what makes it entertaining.

You may not like it or vehemently disagree with what someone says, but let them say it. If the moderators started banning posters because they disagreed with what someone said, that's 100% cancel culture bull$hit.

A very smart ND law professor told his class: "You do not have the right not to be offended"

But you are fine with calling the VP of the US cammy toe and a whore?

You call it special treatment but you know damn well if you were a minority and there was an affirmative action program for you to get into Purdue or any other college you would not be offended and be excited and attend. Affirmative action says that the institution can't discriminate. Says nothing about special treatment. Once people get in, there are no "special treatment" as far the tests, quizzes and labs.

Anyhow, I don't know why y'all keep missing the point. Even though it helps, I'm not saying that is the only way to get into an elite school. I'm saying that Clarence Thomas and others got into Yale because of an affirmative action program. Then in his professional life he always ruled against affirmative action that would have helped other minorities like him get into these schools. Like the old saying, Thomas climbed up the ladder to the top. Then kicked that ladder out from under him so no one else can climb up.

Y'all act like racism does't exist anymore as far as college entrance. Isn't there a current scandal involving several elite institutions like Notre Dame and others that involved in price fixing financial aid programs.

This is one of the reasons that we still need affirmative action programs. Throughout the years, white women have benefited more from affirmative action programs more than anyone.
And hear I thought you needed excellent grades and SAT/ACT scores to get into top-tier colleges.

Instead, you want:

You Black? X

Congratulations, You in.

Tim Scott is lying. Most democrats in Congress do not support defunding the police. That is mainly the talking points of the AOC wing of the party. If anything, some members of Congress that do not support defund the police are for redirecting funds for better training for police, particularly when it comes to apprehending mentally ill suspects. What Tim Scott disagreed with other Senators about this bill is with choke holds. Tim Scott, along with the republicans do not want to ban choke holds. That is one of the main reasons that the bill died.
So how are cops supposed to deal with criminals who are resisting arrest? Hug them? 😏

And hear I thought you needed excellent grades and SAT/ACT scores to get into top-tier colleges.

Instead, you want:

You Black? X

Congratulations, You in.
No, I'm not for lowering standards just to let a minority. I believe the origin as l intent of affirmative action is to give equal opportunity to get into college or whatever et entity. I would bet that the credentials of Clarence Thomas, Dr. Ben Carson, and Dr. Henry Louis Gates matched or exceeded their white counterparts that also got into Yale at that time.

No, I'm not for lowering standards just to let a minority. I believe the origin as l intent of affirmative action is to give equal opportunity to get into college or whatever et entity. I would bet that the credentials of Clarence Thomas, Dr. Ben Carson, and Dr. Henry Louis Gates matched or exceeded their white counterparts that also got into Yale at that time.
The whole point of Affirmative Action has been bypassed by time. Is it fair to Asian or Jewish students to deny them, even if they have better grades and test scores, from being accepted to a school in order to meet supposed “diversity and inclusion” criteria? That is exactly what’s happening right now. Students are being denied acceptance because of racial, demographic criteria instead of using merit. That’s why the USSC is likely to strike some or all of Affirmative Action mandates because it discriminates based on race. It is implicitly an racist construct.

Reactions: YouSayPotato
This is the critical flaw in your thought process: You view seemingly every decision through a racial lens.

That is inherently racist, and yet you can’t seem to realize it.
My statements aren't racist. You clearly do not know the definition of racism. Racism is when you discriminate against someone or group that you deem inferior.

The whole point of Affirmative Action has been bypassed by time. Is it fair to Asian or Jewish students to deny them, even if they have better grades and test scores, from being accepted to a school in order to meet supposed “diversity and inclusion” criteria? That is exactly what’s happening right now. Students are being denied acceptance because of racial, demographic criteria instead of using merit. That’s why the USSC is likely to strike some or all of Affirmative Action mandates because it discriminates based on race. It is implicitly an racist construct.
No I am not for lowering standards for people. However, that did not stop white kids getting into school that had lower grades and scores than black and other minority kids. Now that it is reversed, now y'all don't like it.

Last edited:
Are you in favor of taking the race question off college applications?

By treating them like white criminals and don't kill them.
Blacks commit 56% of violent crimes. That's a disproportional number. Cops have the right to be on the highest alert when dealing with criminals in the hood.

Plus, there's the little fact that more unarmed whites are killed by cops than unarmed blacks... Facts matter.

My statements aren't racist. You clearly do not know the definition of racism. Racism is when you discriminate against someone or group that you deem inferior.
The thread you started that was deleted was racist. That’s why it was removed and that’s why you were drug on Knucklehead Central in a separate thread. Why do you do this?

You view everything through a racial lens. By doing so, your positions are racist whether you believe it or not. You're in favor of having preferences for people based on their color. By doing so, you are guilty of the same sins that Affirmative Action was supposed to correct. (It obviously didn't correct the sins. But since they overwhelmingly benefit blacks they must be good in your eyes.)

You view everything through a racial lens. By doing so, your positions are racist whether you believe it or not. You're in favor of having preferences for people based on their color. By doing so, you are guilty of the same sins that Affirmative Action was supposed to correct. (It obviously didn't correct the sins. But since they overwhelmingly benefit blacks they must be good in your eyes.)
Yes, affirmative action does benefit blacks and other minorities that perhaps would not have gotten into school and have a good career. However, white women have benefited from affirmative action more than anyone.

If you're just looking for the most qualified candidates with the best credentials, what does race have to do with it?
Do you think the considerations and criteria should be different for a black student than a white student?

Yes, affirmative action does benefit blacks and other minorities that perhaps would not have gotten into school and have a good career. However, white women have benefited from affirmative action more than anyone.
Do you think it would be a good idea if the NCAA put in a rule for basketball teams that said:
12 scholarships, but you can only have a maximum of 5 players of any one race.
So, you could have 5 black, 5 white, 2 other.

Why or why would that be fair?

If you're just looking for the most qualified candidates with the best credentials, what does race have to do with it?
Do you think the considerations and criteria should be different for a black student than a white student?
I said no in the other post by another poster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT