ADVERTISEMENT

Vincent Edward's update

ImRonBurgandy?

All-American
Aug 14, 2008
Unfortunately, not sure If he's going to make it in the NBA. Getting a lot of mins for the Vipers, but only averaging 10.6 ppg and only shooting 34% from deep. Pretty pedestrian numbers for G-League. He Did score 3 points in an NBA game early this season, so technically we could say he was an NBA player. Rockets were a good Team to be drafted by. Really, If he could shoot 3s at a good clip and rebound he would find a roll on this team.

As a side note I Saw CE is predicted to go 38th in the nbadraft.net 2019 mock, which is the highest I've seen him on that site. At the beginning of the year he wasn't even listed.

Unfortunately, not sure If he's going to make it in the NBA. Getting a lot of mins for the Vipers, but only averaging 10.6 ppg and only shooting 34% from deep. Pretty pedestrian numbers for G-League. He Did score 3 points in an NBA game early this season, so technically we could say he was an NBA player. Rockets were a good Team to be drafted by. Really, If he could shoot 3s at a good clip and rebound he would find a roll on this team.

As a side note I Saw CE is predicted to go 38th in the nbadraft.net 2019 mock, which is the highest I've seen him on that site. At the beginning of the year he wasn't even listed.

Vincent is a great player but he’s not an elite player in any area in my opinion. He can shoot, he can rebound, and he can defend, but he does not do any of these things exceptionally well at the NBA level. Feeling a little glum about his chances in the NBA. As for Carsen, his height is one of the biggest knocks but there are plenty of small guards still in the league. J.J Barea, Patty Mills, Chris Paul, and Fred VanVleet come to mind. Being an almost exclusive scoring guard is hurting his stock the most in my opinion. Hope he can get on a team where he can get through those rookie problems with some big minutes and develop his facilitating. Anything but the Swanigan situation.

Vincent is a great player but he’s not an elite player in any area in my opinion. He can shoot, he can rebound, and he can defend, but he does not do any of these things exceptionally well at the NBA level. Feeling a little glum about his chances in the NBA. As for Carsen, his height is one of the biggest knocks but there are plenty of small guards still in the league. J.J Barea, Patty Mills, Chris Paul, and Fred VanVleet come to mind. Being an almost exclusive scoring guard is hurting his stock the most in my opinion. Hope he can get on a team where he can get through those rookie problems with some big minutes and develop his facilitating. Anything but the Swanigan situation.
Yeah, it looks more and more as if Painter will not be able to sell NBA development to recruits. AJ had his cup of coffee, same with Vince, same with Robbie, same with JJ. Isaac may never make it. Biggie rarely sees the floor, even in blowouts. It's a tough racket. Damon Bailey never made it in an NBA game, not sure about the future of Deshaun Thomas, 2 of the All-Time leading scorers in Indiana history. Thank goodness Smooge is carrying on the Purdue banner.

I wonder how many of those players have had a successful career in Europe (JJ) who still could play in the nba, lots of career options (hummel), still have plenty of time to play ball somewhere, and are or will be multi millionaires wherever they take their services.

I wonder how many of those players have had a successful career in Europe (JJ) who still could play in the nba, lots of career options (hummel), still have plenty of time to play ball somewhere, and are or will be multi millionaires wherever they take their services.

0. Small window of opportunity in the NBA. Either the player capitalizes on it or the Team moves on. Definitely can make a good living playing overseas though playing for the higher end clubs.

Reactions: DannyGranger
So if a player is doing just OK in the G-league does he usually get signed to return to the same G-league team the next year? I do think Vince can shoot it better than he has shown so far. Hoping for the best for him.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT