ADVERTISEMENT

Tyrese Hunter decides today....1pm

PU52Chevy

All-American
Jul 18, 2006
Boiler Up and let's hope he wants to be a Boilermaker!

He would step in and help and bring great leadership.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend.

NIL has a part in everything unfortunately.
Yeah, every time over the last few weeks, since Pack, I wonder what the going rate is for a recruit that we go after. Since we have decided to not get into the ring with this NIL situation, or just the bare minimum, where are we going to be competitively in the next 2 to 3 years, if the NCAA does not regulate this monster they have created?

No point in us going after this type of transfer or recruit until we step up the NIL game. Still waiting on the collective to be released that our associate AD was talking about a few months ago.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Yeah, every time over the last few weeks, since Pack, I wonder what the going rate is for a recruit that we go after. Since we have decided to not get into the ring with this NIL situation, or just the bare minimum, where are we going to be competitively in the next 2 to 3 years, if the NCAA does not regulate this monster they have created?
Maybe the flip side is NIL will actually make some of these teams less competitive because what happens if highly paid player gets benched because he isn’t living up to expectations? You think he is going to be a solid contributor if he isn’t starting? What if it creates a toxic locker room because other players believe he is only getting minutes because they have a booster who paid him $1m?

Not saying any of this will come to fruition but there is a potential downside.

Reactions: jimsil13
Is this our last best chance to improve ourselves at the guard spot?

If it is, this may be the most important day of the 2022/2023 basketball season.

Cross your fingers!

Maybe the flip side is NIL will actually make some of these teams less competitive because what happens if highly paid player gets benched because he isn’t living up to expectations? You think he is going to be a solid contributor if he isn’t starting? What if it creates a toxic locker room because other players believe he is only getting minutes because they have a booster who paid him $1m?

Not saying any of this will come to fruition but there is a potential downside.
The biggest possible flip side is certain teams will have certain players get jealous, because this person makes this much more than me, even when we are doing the same job and playing the same amount of minutes. I never heard what happened, but I know that one Miami player voiced displeasure that his deal was smaller than Pack's deal. Hopefully, this jealously and lack of team comradely would affect their play on the courts/field.

Are there any other options of getting a PG, if this doesn't work out today for us, because I am not feeling very confident it will? We just cannot seem to get a PG to transfer to us.

I guess this is like the Griswold's over in England and not being able to make a left.

Are there any other options of getting a PG, if this doesn't work out today for us, because I am not feeling very confident it will? We just cannot seem to get a PG to transfer to us.

I guess this is like the Griswold's over in England and not being able to make a left.

Courtney Ramey and Malachi Smith are the only other transfer guards we are currently recruiting. Both have big time programs going after them.

Is this our last best chance to improve ourselves at the guard spot?

If it is, this may be the most important day of the 2022/2023 basketball season.

Cross your fingers!
Not likely to get him, Ramey last years PG from Texas is who I think the player Purdue gets will be.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
so Hunter to Texas and maybe Ramey to Purdue
Just a guess, Purdue is in on him, Painter recruited him before, makes sense, Ramey could run the show in all likelihood. It depends on money though, if Purdue is light years behind he might go to the highest bidder.

Damn you, transfer portal.....damn you.....

dec153683d485b47d0b874ec3de3eb22.gif

Iowa St has to play him twice now. Awkward. Texas boosters saying attaboy Coach Beard.

Reactions: Schnelk
Well, the 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast was right. I just wonder how much money was involved. You have to wonder that anytime on any of these transfers or commitments now. The Pack effect as I will call it.

I think it is a good chance that we might have to go with what we have, because the 2 other PGs that we are going after seem to be heavily pursued too (I am sure we will get outbid, since we don't seem to be playing the NIL game like other schools right now).

It seems so long ago, but wasn't it Beard who said he was Painter's friend and then cried to the media AFTER we beat them. Crying that the refs called too many fouls on his guys who were hammering our big men. I can't believe Hunter wants to play for that cry baby.

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue_BS_90
These recruits situation might make sense to come to us but the portal/NIL crap is working against that. Again.

It seems so long ago, but wasn't it Beard who said he was Painter's friend and then cried to the media AFTER we beat them. Crying that the refs called too many fouls on his guys who were hammering our big men. I can't believe Hunter wants to play for that cry baby.
Morton with the Horns down sign but it must be the 3 point shot indicator (bottom right).

How the F do we not land a decent point guard transfer in this off-season in this kind of transfer market? The playing time is there.

This once again shows how Purdue's conservative nature will bite them in the @ss once again...

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Beard will end up winning big at Texas. And he plays a more guard centric offense. That's why...

Because Purdue has clearly not prepared for this whole NIL thing.....
PUrdue had prepared for NIL just as much as any other school has prepared. our problem is our graduates are intelligent and not stupid. No purdue alumni is going to just give $1 million away to an athlete . not even Bob ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRR MAN was that stupid. the guy in miami wrote it off as a business marketing expense. Ely Lilly isn't going to do that.

when it comes to NIL, don't blame purdue. blame stupid people who have too much money and want the feeling of owning an athlete. think about it. the guy just gave the athlete $1 million. he basically now owns that athlete and will expect something in return. and he also now owns that athlete's coach. Nobody gives away $1 million without expecting something in return. and no respectable business is going to enter the NIL. the NIL is ALL about rich people using their money to OWN somebody.
Purdue can have the greatest NIL plan in the NCAA. but they will NEVER be able to compete with people who want to own other people. This is no longer about athletes selling autographed pictures for $20. this is about athletes selling themselves to the highest bidder. there are two words that describe that.

rather than getting into the body market, what purdue needs to do is say, tough, we're making a stand. if you want to play for $ millions, here is the door and a spedo. buh bye!

let Michigan and OSU join Texas in the $EC. and restart the BIG 10 to be an academics oriented conference.

Irony meter status: pegged

• Love
Reactions: mediaexpert
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT