ADVERTISEMENT

Trump attending black journalists meeting in Chicago

It doesn't pit anybody against anyone if it's the truth. Besides, we are talking about illegal immigrants, not migrant workers. There's a difference.
It does when you single out poor blacks without including poor whites and others.

If they did they are wrong also, particularly if they did it to pit blacks against the migrants for political gain.
How can you write what you just did? There has to be a disconnect in your memory or stance. The whole democrat platform is and has been for several years about pitting one group against another. That is clearly understood in Intersectionality (identity politics) which can be seen in every turn a dem takes. DEI is an extension of Intersectionality with an attempt to the stupid to make it more palatable and just bring happiness to those racist or sexist. You clearly for years have supported the democrats and now you say it was wrong, but in other posts you say it is desired. Look what you just wrote. The democrats have pitted blacks against others...females against males and merit against intersectionality placement. If the democrats didn't create victims and victors...losers and winners they would have nothing in their platform.

Last edited:
How can you write what you just did? There has to be a disconnect in your memory or stance. The whole democrat platform is and has been for several years about pitting one group against another. That is clearly understood in Intersectionality (identity politics) which can be seen in every turn a dem takes. DEI is an extension of Intersectionality with an attempt to the stupid to make it more palatable and just bring happiness to those racist or sexist. You clearly for years have supported the democrats and now you say it was wrong, but in other posts you say it is desired. Look what you just wrote. The democrats have pitted blacks against others...females against males and merit against intersectionality placement. If the democrats didn't create victims and victors...losers and winners they would have nothing in their platform.

Ahhh, a video of just another black grifter!!!

Reactions: tjreese
First, college has many majors that doesn't require thinking, but regurgitating back what the teacher wants and so a degree cannot be a litmus test for thought. Second, as a sex, women tend to be more emotional than men and as they age there are many books written on such. Then of course is ignorant virtue signaling. The question always comes back to what is "educated"? If you pinned down those you describe you would find many are spoon fed by the media what the media wants you to eat and rarely have a background outside the media take to discern things quite often. I've spent my whole life around college "educated" people and I can assure you there are people that never went to college that actually think better than those that went to college.
I agree with all of that, but people generally vote in their own best interests, yes? White, college educated, suburban women (in blue states at least. Where I live, that same demographic is 90% conservative, Republican voting) would tend fall into a higher tax bracket, would tend to be more sensitive to crime, etc. The only real sticking point is probably abortion.

I agree with all of that, but people generally vote in their own best interests, yes? White, college educated, suburban women (in blue states at least. Where I live, that same demographic is 90% conservative, Republican voting) would tend fall into a higher tax bracket, would tend to be more sensitive to crime, etc. The only real sticking point is probably abortion.
I have no idea how abortion becomes an issue, but I know it will be promoted. It was a bad call in 1972 and pro-abortion Gingsburg knew it then. Howeve,r she like some other activist judges ignored the law and voted how they wanted. It was always a state issue even though many didn't get it.

Tenth Amendment Explained

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Abortion has not been outlawed, it has been moved to the states so that it will be addressed by those closest to the situation rather than the blob deciding. This is particularly appropriate since it is so polarized. I vote my interest, but not if it goes against what is best for the country. I would never have voted (if I could) for the auto company bailouts. They would have went through bankruptcy like others...

I have no idea how abortion becomes an issue, but I know it will be promoted. It was a bad call in 1972 and pro-abortion Gingsburg knew it then. Howeve,r she like some other activist judges ignored the law and voted how they wanted. It was always a state issue even though many didn't get it.

Tenth Amendment Explained

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Abortion has not been outlawed, it has been moved to the states so that it will be addressed by those closest to the situation rather than the blob deciding. This is particularly appropriate since it is so polarized. I vote my interest, but not if it goes against what is best for the country. I would never have voted (if I could) for the auto company bailouts. They would have went through bankruptcy like others...
The Dems know abortion is a wedge issue and they're going to leverage it as much as possible as on attack on women in general. For the dems, it's not really about abortion, it's about making people believe Republicans are trying to take away all sorts of 'rights'.

The Dems know abortion is a wedge issue and they're going to leverage it as much as possible as on attack on women in general. For the dems, it's not really about abortion, it's about making people believe Republicans are trying to take away all sorts of 'rights'.
Oh I agree I just don't know how people can be so stupid. Dems are not interested in controlling themselves, but others. It is always about power and control.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I’m not sure how anyone could have watched that panel and not thought it was a really horrible look for Trump.

Look, kudos to him for going there. But that’s really where any accolades should stop. He immediately went into victim mode and started taking swipes at the interviewer who, mind you, was asking him questions about things he has literally said. He doesn’t like to be challenged and when he is, that’s his default reaction.

He sat there and aired grievances and then gave his usual talking points about doing “the most “ for x group of people with zero actual stats to back it up. I wish the interviewers had actually pressed him more on that, to be honest.

I’m sure my post will be met with standard retorts of “that’s not what he meant” and “ he was attacked “ and you’re free to say those things to me, but I just cannot believe anyone in their right mind would think he did himself any favors that day.

I’m not sure how anyone could have watched that panel and not thought it was a really horrible look for Trump.

Look, kudos to him for going there. But that’s really where any accolades should stop. He immediately went into victim mode and started taking swipes at the interviewer who, mind you, was asking him questions about things he has literally said. He doesn’t like to be challenged and when he is, that’s his default reaction.

He sat there and aired grievances and then gave his usual talking points about doing “the most “ for x group of people with zero actual stats to back it up. I wish the interviewers had actually pressed him more on that, to be honest.

I’m sure my post will be met with standard retorts of “that’s not what he meant” and “ he was attacked “ and you’re free to say those things to me, but I just cannot believe anyone in their right mind would think he did himself any favors that day.
I haven't seen the whole thing, but the clips I did see the crowd was reacting to Trump in a good way on many occasions. So the crowd to some extent disagrees with you.

I haven't seen the whole thing, but the clips I did see the crowd was reacting to Trump in a good way on many occasions. So the crowd to some extent disagrees with you.
Counterpoint: most of them were not reacting in a good way the majority of the time.

Again, I just don’t see how that event, taken in its entirety, helped him. It was a very poor look IMO.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
Counterpoint: most of them were not reacting in a good way the majority of the time.

Again, I just don’t see how that event, taken in its entirety, helped him. It was a very poor look IMO.
I've said so many times that Chump and the other republican candidates should go on more black forums like this, NAACP conferences, and black talk radio. However, after his absolutely embarrassing performance last week at the NABJ, I need to re-think that a bit. For the rest of this campaign, Chump needs to stay far a way from any black audience forums, media, and radio. However, moving forward I will continue to advise republican candidates and current office holders, sans Trump, to attend black events and radio.

Oh I agree I just don't know how people can be so stupid. Dems are not interested in controlling themselves, but others. It is always about power and control.
You know darn well that there are a lot of stupid people out there who get their 'news' from celebrities, athletes, social media influences and the liberal media. They're mentally lazy and believe what they're told. Unfortunately, these people can also vote.

• Love
I've said so many times that Chump and the other republican candidates should go on more black forums like this, NAACP conferences, and black talk radio. However, after his absolutely embarrassing performance last week at the NABJ, I need to re-think that a bit. For the rest of this campaign, Chump needs to stay far a way from any black audience forums, media, and radio. However, moving forward I will continue to advise republican candidates and current office holders, sans Trump, to attend black events and radio.
If he is really trying to court the black vote, he should absolutely keep doing these types of events. Bear in mind, the posters you’re replying to in this thread already have their minds made up. Trump isn’t trying to appeal to them. He doesn’t need to. Their votes are locked in no matter what. But for others, especially where he has the weakest support, it’s his chance to make his case. Same with Kamala. I just want the interviewers to press when statements are made that aren’t rooted in fact (for both candidates).

So you agree that the crowd reacted favorably at least at times to Trump?
I think they laughed at him at times. I watched the whole thing, not snippets. Feel free to disagree, but since you admitted to not watching it in its entirety and are going by a couple of snippets, then maybe you should take the time to watch it. He wasn’t on stage that long.

If he is really trying to court the black vote, he should absolutely keep doing these types of events. Bear in mind, the posters you’re replying to in this thread already have their minds made up. Trump isn’t trying to appeal to them. He doesn’t need to. Their votes are locked in no matter what. But for others, especially where he has the weakest support, it’s his chance to make his case. Same with Kamala. I just want the interviewers to press when statements are made that aren’t rooted in fact (for both candidates).
You are 100% correct. Do you want to know why? Because we are smart enough to vote policy and not person. I don't GAF what the person is like as long as their policy is what we need. Unfortunately there are far too many people out there that vote the person which is the dumbest thing you could possibly do. What does voting for someone that talks well do for you if their policy is garbage?

I think they laughed at him at times. I watched the whole thing, not snippets. Feel free to disagree, but since you admitted to not watching it in its entirety and are going by a couple of snippets, then maybe you should take the time to watch it. He wasn’t on stage that long.
I thought they did too at first, until I saw several clips where it was absolutely clear they were laughing with him.

Believe me I thought so and that's the reason why I've said it so much. Unfortunately, Chump is not used to being in front of black audiences for one thing. Secondly, because of that he is not used to direct black centric questions, particularly on prior jacked up racial comments he's made in the past. Chump gets unhinged in these types of settings. I was wrong for thinking that he would be able to handle these types of settings. Mainstream white journalists do not ask these types of questions. Between now and election day he will tank his chances of getting elected if he is so contentious with black media.

You are 100% correct. Do you want to know why? Because we are smart enough to vote policy and not person. I don't GAF what the person is like as long as their policy is what we need. Unfortunately there are far too many people out there that vote the person which is the dumbest thing you could possibly do. What does voting for someone that talks well do for you if their policy is garbage?
Both candidates need to be pressed on their policy. Far too many vote on the person. That’s clear. On both sides. I mean it’s highly clear in several posts on this board. If you are including everyone who has posted on here, then i am in full agreement with you

Both candidates need to be pressed on their policy. Far too many vote on the person. That’s clear. On both sides. I mean it’s highly clear in several posts on this board. If you are including everyone who has posted on here, then i am in full agreement with you
Wrong. We know the policy of Trump because he's already been president. His policy was very good for everyone.

You actually think people on the right vote for his personality over his policy? I don't think there is a single person on the right here that you could point to as that being the case. In fact most here have said negative things about Trump's personality.

He actually only needs some of the black vote in a few states: PA/OH/MI/GA/WI.
The black vote in places like NY or CA don't matter because those states will go to Harris.

That's the problem with the 'low information voter'. They don't understand policy or it's impact on them personally/professionally.
They see someone propped up by the media and because the person sounds nice or 'isn't Trump", they'll vote for them.

Wrong. We know the policy of Trump because he's already been president. His policy was very good for everyone.

You actually think people on the right vote for his personality over his policy? I don't think there is a single person on the right here that you could point to as that being the case. In fact most here have said negative things about Trump's personality.
Now hold on just a second. You’re talking out of both sides of your mouth here. Someone isn’t wrong because they have a difference of opinion than you, so your first sentence is irrelevant to any part of the discussion.

Also, if people loved his policy so much, he would have cruised into a second term. He didn’t. That could certainly be an indictment of what people thought of his policy as well, no?

That's the problem with the 'low information voter'. They don't understand policy or it's impact on them personally/professionally.
They see someone propped up by the media and because the person sounds nice or 'isn't Trump", they'll vote for them.
You could have stopped after got first two sentences and made your point and been 100% right.

Throw in the rest, though, and now it just sounds like you’re airing grievances.

Now hold on just a second. You’re talking out of both sides of your mouth here. Someone isn’t wrong because they have a difference of opinion than you, so your first sentence is irrelevant to any part of the discussion.

Also, if people loved his policy so much, he would have cruised into a second term. He didn’t. That could certainly be an indictment of what people thought of his policy as well, no?
He would have cruised to that second term if tge pandemic hadn't occurred. What people fail to see is that the last 3+ years of Dem chaos would not have happened and Biden would never have seen the White House.

You insinuated that people here vote for Trump because of who he is vs his policies. That is just a flat out false statement. So no, I'm not talking out of both sides of my mouth.
He would have if the Democrats didn't mass vote harvest to win. Trump was the first president in history to pick up votes and lose. He gained 11.23 million votes.

Covid was the perfect outcome for the Democrats.

He would have cruised to that second term if tge pandemic hadn't occurred. What people fail to see is that the last 3+ years of Dem chaos would not have happened and Biden would never have seen the White House.
He could have cruised if he didn’t handle the pandemic so poorly.

Also, if you’re just going to lob a grenade and talk about chaos, I’m going to ask you what exactly that chaos is. Fact-based too, please.

He could have cruised if he didn’t handle the pandemic so poorly.
What was he supposed to do different? I think you are failing to recognize the things he did do that was good. Like getting the ship outfitted for hospital beds and sent to NY in 2 weeks. All the media personalities were making fun of him for claiming that he could. Then he did it.

That’s just your opinion, though. Which is fine. But that’s all it is.
You're welcome to think it's my opinion, but it's a pretty well known fact. There are books about this phenomena. Plus all you have to do is watch what people have to say about Trump during on the street interviews and it's clear they get their info from the media which are mostly propaganda lies.

You insinuated that people here vote for Trump because of who he is vs his policies. That is just a flat out false statement. So no, I'm not talking out of both sides of my mouth.

He would have if the Democrats didn't mass vote harvest to win. Trump was the first president in history to pick up votes and lose. He gained 11.23 million votes.

Covid was the perfect outcome for the Democrats.
I didn’t insinuate it. I said it. It’s true. On both sides. No need to make anything up. I own what I said.

Re: The election. Gonna be super honest here. I have a really hard time taking someone seriously on any topic if you live in a world where the only way you can get through a day is by being a sore loser. Time and time and time again, the election has not been proven to be fraudulent or rigged or stolen. Time and time and time again, people who believe this have been given ample time to prove this and can’t. Nothing nefarious happened. Nothing was stolen. Trump lost the last election. If you are going to carry on about things like ballot harvesting etc then I just see no point in discussing anything else, regardless of topic, with you because you’re undermining the foundation of democracy by turning your grievances into something that isn’t true.

Reactions: BNIBoiler

I believe that's incorrect. There's data to suggest that as far as accomplishments, economy, global stability, etc, that Trump's 4 years were arguably the most successful in history for any POTUS.
However, there are a lot of people who have such disdain for Trump the person, that they simply won't vote for him or vote at all.
My mom is a good example. She can't state anything about Trump policy that she disagrees with, but she can't stand Trump the person and won't vote for him.

• Love
You could have stopped after got first two sentences and made your point and been 100% right.

Throw in the rest, though, and now it just sounds like you’re airing grievances.
You don't think there's a MSM bias towards democrats? Do you think that has an influence on people's opinions of a candidate?

You don't think there's a MSM bias towards democrats? Do you think that has an influence on people's opinions of a candidate?
Well of course there is. On both sides. What, you think Fox is trying to appeal to democrats and MSNBC is trying to appeal to republicans? Tale as old as time.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT