ADVERTISEMENT

Trey is making his decision on October 30th

Washington from Gary is ranked as a 5 star in the 2022 class by 247. He is a PF though. We just got Furst and Kaufman. Are we going after him or are going for a true C prospect?

A great addition! I look at team success more than I care about recruiting class rankings!

From this day forward, we shall consume all Mr. Basketballs ... or ... hmmm ... Mrs' Basketball??
It is nice question to ask, because we win either way. Who wins Mr Basketball this year, Furst or Kaufman?
Can either have such an incredible year that one of them moves up to a 5 star?

Reactions: Schnelk
It is nice question to ask, because we win either way. Who wins Mr Basketball this year, Furst or Kaufman?
Can either have such an incredible year that one of them moves up to a 5 star?
I think Kaufman would have a better shot of getting his 5th star. He would have to have another dominating year and just be a force on the court. Not impossible but committing to Purdue certainly costs him at least 0.5 stars.

Reactions: TX4GB
there have been co-Mr. Basketballs ... the Van Arsdel twins for one ...

Yes, DDD. '61 I think....Tom and Dick.....went to Indiana and both played in the NBA, and Dick was on the '76 Phoenix Suns team that upset Rick Barry's Warriors and gave Boston a heck of a run in the NBA Finals.

Either way, Purdue's getting two outstanding front-court players who epitomize the type of student athletes Matt Painter wants to bring in and continue to build upon the basketball program....all while providing an opportunity for a Purdue education and a foundation off the court as well.

What we all knew but good to hear from a top recruit. He also contacted transfers out of Purdue:

Which may be what turns some recruits away. But that is alright if they can't handle what Painter tells them, so be it.

I'll take missing out on a recruit over Painter being dishonest and pandering any day. Winning is not more important than integrity.

What we all knew but good to hear from a top recruit. He also contacted transfers out of Purdue:

Have to wonder if he contacted players who transferred out hoping to dig up a little dirt on Mr Painter. And what to his wondering eyes should appear- but there was none to find. A disappointment for him but no surprise for us.

• Sad
Reactions: Inspector100
Have to wonder if he contacted players who transferred out hoping to dig up a little dirt on Mr Painter. And what to his wondering eyes should appear- but there was none to find. A disappointment for him but no surprise for us.
Strange post. I don’t think he was disappointed at all. He is wise to have checked all these aspects of the program he was considering. I think he was pretty smart to do so. He would not have gone to the trouble had there been any other red flags, so he was reasonably sure Purdue is where he was going. Checking with the transfers just confirmed it. There was no “digging of dirt” in this process.

I would guess he talked with Haarms and Eastern. Both of them left the program with positive postures toward Matt Painter.

Last edited:
So disappointed that he committed...mmmKay...

Reactions: tjreese
If you are really bored today go over to the Loosier Board. They are still in epic meltdown mode.
I've avoided posting on this topic, but it's really bad.

"Painter lied to him, told him he'd play the 3"
"He's not good enough to play the wing"
"He's not even the best player on his HS team"
"I saw him 2 years ago and he was nothing special"
"He wasn't going to be good enough to get PT at IU"

...and many more pearls of wisdom.

Not good enough to be more than a role player at IU, he will be the best player at Purdue day 1... then 2 comments later - Purdue already had a crowded frontcourt...

I thought it was interesting to hear TK talk about his conversations with MP about playing the three like Vince did.

It’s really smart positioning by MP because for all practical purposes VE did play the three on offense, he just guarded the four on defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: TX4GB

Most coaches are probably thinking honesty what in the world is that in the world of recruiting. Is Coach Painter a mad scientist?

Whatever happens with our basketball and football teams, I am proud of both of our coaches, Painter and Brohm. Similar to our players, they represent our university well.

Both coaches are upfront and honest with recruits, and they actually care about their players and the players' families. In the type of world we live in now, it is refreshing to hear that some people still have old fashion values. We could use a lot more of that now days.

Most coaches are probably thinking honesty what in the world is that in the world of recruiting. Is Coach Painter a mad scientist?

Whatever happens with our basketball and football teams, I am proud of both of our coaches, Painter and Brohm. Similar to our players, they represent our university well.

Both coaches are upfront and honest with recruits, and they actually care about their players and the players' families. In the type of world we live in now, it is refreshing to hear that some people still have old fashion values. We could use a lot more of that now days.
Inherent within this is that those players are great representatives of our University. They accept coaching, WANT to get better both as players and as men; understand the value their teammates bring to their success. There will be aberrations, but overall, we have two groups of young men who are mature adults and will contribute to society in the future.

Strange post. I don’t think he was disappointed at all. He is wise to have checked all these aspects of the program he was considering. I think he was pretty smart to do so. He would not have gone to the trouble had there been any other red flags, so he was reasonably sure Purdue is where he was going. Checking with the transfers just confirmed it. There was no “digging of dirt” in this process.

I would guess he talked with Haarms and Eastern. Both of them left the program with positive postures toward Matt Painter.

Oops. I missed the line that says "Trey Kaufman on Matt Painter". I thought that was Biancardi's comments.

Never mind.

Reactions: mathboy
Anybody else hear Rabjohns on JMV on signing day? His reasoning for Trey picking Purdue was that Trey just doesn’t like the big stage. He fits in better out of the spot light and away from pressure (Paraphrased). What kind of journalist is he. Trey clearly said that the Purdue coaches showed him how he would fit into the team while he didn’t get that from the Indiana coaches. What a jacka$$.

• Wow
Reactions: Inspector100
Anybody else hear Rabjohns on JMV on signing day? His reasoning for Trey picking Purdue was that Trey just doesn’t like the big stage. He fits in better out of the spot light and away from pressure (Paraphrased). What kind of journalist is he. Trey clearly said that the Purdue coaches showed him how he would fit into the team while he didn’t get that from the Indiana coaches. What a jacka$$.
I do strongly beleive that Rabjohns is an idiot, and makes stuff up to fit his IU-based audience.

It’s amazing that a guy like Rabjohns gets paid to do...whatever it is that he’s doing. And man he’s really put on some weight too.

Does not surprise me one bit. IU blogger boys like Rabby who were so arrogantly confident in landing Trey all summer are part of the reason why this was such a sweet recruiting win for Purdue. Purdue currently has the better coach/program and they still can't see it.

Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
I do strongly beleive that Rabjohns is an idiot, and makes stuff up to fit his IU-based audience.
An alternative thought would be that he is not such "an idiot" and by making things up he knows his fan base will believe it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT