ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Williams

He is really like a 4 star version of biggie. The noticeable difference is biggie had more range on his shot, and better free throw shooter. I think next year he is as good as freshman biggie.

Agree with your point but a few other differences in addition to what you pointed out 1) Tre is a quicker and more explosive athlete 2) Tre is an excellent rebounder but Biggie went after boards with an unparalleled hunger 3) Biggie played with an overall intensity and competitive spirit that is rarely seen

He is really like a 4 star version of biggie. The noticeable difference is biggie had more range on his shot, and better free throw shooter. I think next year he is as good as freshman biggie.
Being as good as freshman year biggie would be a disappointment considering biggie wasn't really that great his freshman year

Agree with your point but a few other differences in addition to what you pointed out 1) Tre is a quicker and more explosive athlete 2) Tre is an excellent rebounder but Biggie went after boards with an unparalleled hunger 3) Biggie played with an overall intensity and competitive spirit that is rarely seen
So far, I haven’t seen proof Trevion can jump over a pop can, so explosive isn’t how I’d describe him. But, damn, he’s as savvy as the day is long! Love him. Think he’s gonna be very good. He has a long way to go to be in Biggie’s realm. But doable.

So far, I haven’t seen proof Trevion can jump over a pop can, so explosive isn’t how I’d describe him. But, damn, he’s as savvy as the day is long! Love him. Think he’s gonna be very good. He has a long way to go to be in Biggie’s realm. But doable.

You missed his spin move dunk in the first half? Tre is no Biggie but Biggie never made a play like that.

Not a high leaper, but a very quick leaper with long arms. Anyone know his wingspan? He needs to add 6-10 inches on his vertical which can be done given that he his playing at ~280 (needs to get down to 250). Biggie had a noticeably better vertical his sophomore year.

plays a bit like Zach Randolph, another under the rim guy...long NBA career.

Reactions: pboiler18

Biggie wasn't very explosive, but tre is already more explosive than biggie ever was.

9 points, 11 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals.

This dude is gonna be really, really good over the next couple of years. Not sure I can remember the last time I've seen a big man with his court vision.
Agree completely. He makes some great passes.

Disagree, not seeing this at all. Neither is close to explosive. It's push at best
Tre is no Aaron Wheeler, but he is lighter on his feet than Swanigan was as a freshman.

The biggest edge that I see Swanigan having is shooting ability, but we’ll see how Tre develops.

One bonus in terms of Tre v Biggie. Tre didn't come in thinking he was going to the NBA in a year and needing to impress to be drafted. As a result I think he's a but more of a team player. Ex: I don't think he takes the three point shot that ended up losing us the game against MSU a few years ago (can't remember if it was @MSU or in the B1G tournament.)

Passing ability. I love a big man who can pass & Tre has shown an uncanny knack for not only finding the open man, but delivering the ball in a position to score. He even uses the endangered bounce-pass on occasion!

Kid has the tools to become a dominant player at Purdue during his career, and I'm excited to watch it happen.

Yeah it is nice to see some of these freshman come in and hold there own and get better. The future is bright.

I went to New Castle for the Hall of Fame Classic to watch Newman. I did not expect to see what I saw. In my opinion that kid will be star here. Not only is he very skilled, he is a bulldog. He is a competitor. I loved his fight in that game. Played the best team in the state and scored 33 points and had 12 boards. He is more athletic than I initially thought he was.

5c3a5912e20d3.image.jpg
c7b15f1c-2af4-4acf-b47e-12e59cfe6107

Last edited:
Tre is no Aaron Wheeler, but he is lighter on his feet than Swanigan was as a freshman.

The biggest edge that I see Swanigan having is shooting ability, but we’ll see how Tre develops.

Disagree. we are seeing different things or one of us is already misremembering biggie. Again, push at best imo.

And in no way is that a slight against Tre

The best plus minus was Haarms the worst was Williams

straight plus minus is flawed, at best, when it comes to bball. Its worse than meaningless without context (who else was on the floor with you, who the competition had on floor, etc). No one using advance metrics in NBA uses it. There is all kinds of adjusted +/- but even then those are not reliable.

So while your premise might be right (I don't think it is) +/- shouldn't convince anyone of its veracity. I

Disagree. we are seeing different things or one of us is already misremembering biggie. Again, push at best imo.

And in no way is that a slight against Tre

Honest question: Out of his entire time at Purdue, what specific play of Biggie's would you call "explosive"?

I've seen Tre videos from practice and even before he got here that led me to conclude he was more explosive than biggie.

Obviously biggie was a vastly more talented player at this stage.... but we're talking about explosiveness here.

Reactions: Schnelk
Honest question: Out of his entire time at Purdue, what specific play of Biggie's would you call "explosive"?

I've seen Tre videos from practice and even before he got here that led me to conclude he was more explosive than biggie.

Obviously biggie was a vastly more talented player at this stage.... but we're talking about explosiveness here.

Just because our social media team is more active now than 3 years ago doesn't mean much to me. Practice footage is still practice footage. I love what I'm seeing from Tre, would not call it explosive though. And I do recall biggie Having multiple baseline dunks

Reactions: Heller
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT