ADVERTISEMENT

Trayce Jackson Davis

I think that it is clear that in order to remove the appearance of impropriety a player should not be allowed to play for an AAU team coached by his father if the family receives any renumeration except for demonstrated out of pocket expenses. That would remove any issue and is a needed reform.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
You IU fans complain about Calipari all the time. But he has never been accused or penalized for illegal behavior. His players have but he has not. Since he has not done anything illegal, isn't he due the same benefit as Archie and Langford? Using the "it's legal" defense, it would seem that they should not complain.

Reactions: Poprudy
It raised eyebrows because Romeo is a high profile kid, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen all over the place. It just doesn’t get talked about unless the kid is high profile.

In terms of whether it happens elsewhere, I looked up the first AAU team that came to my mind, the Spiece Indy Heat. They are part of the Nike EYBL, and although I don’t have access to their bank statements, I’m pretty sure they get sponsorship money from Nike to run the team, pay salaries, etc. Keion Brooks plays for them, his dad is listed as an Assistant Coach. I’m sure he gets paid something for coaching. Again, I don’t have access to financial records, but I’m sure he gets some sort of compensation for his time.

As far as I’ve heard, no one knows the financial records for Romeo’s AAU team either, they just know the team is sponsored, his dad coached, and he likely got to keep whatever was left over after team expenses. I would assume he did too, as he should. It takes a lot of time and effort to coach those teams. As I said, I’m sure this happens often, as it is right now with Keion Brooks. I’m sure I could find more teams with dads as coaches, that was just the first one I looked up. You only see this as an issue because of the high profile of Romeo. I guess we could put all AAU players in tiers and specify that no fathers of top tier players can coach.....who wants to figure out which players are good enough that their dads can’t coach them? It’s stupid, and a non issue.

Without some evidence that there was an agreement made with Romeo’s dad that he would send his son to an Adidas school, it’s not even shady. And even if there was, it doesn’t mean IU knew anything about it.
It does happen elsewhere. Josh Jackson’s mom ran his team, and Adidas funneled her son to Kansas.

Reactions: Poprudy
You IU fans complain about Calipari all the time. But he has never been accused or penalized for illegal behavior. His players have but he has not. Since he has not done anything illegal, isn't he due the same benefit as Archie and Langford? Using the "it's legal" defense, it would seem that they should not complain.
Show me where I have said Calipari is dirty, I'll wait.

No, he isnt dirty. Neither are Archie, or Romeo. Happy? Can we end this now?

I suggest that you visit the IU site and read what is said about Calipari by the overwhelming majority of IU fans. My post referred to IU fans, that is a plural. As such it was directed at a group and not a specific individual. As part of your Informatics study, hopefully you had a Statistics course. If you did, you will recall that one can make accurate statements about groups, but not specific individuals within the group.

Pretending that IU fans do not make this claim as a group is silly. You know that they do. If you do not know, please review and you will see that I am correct. You will then be educated about your colleagues.

Seriously! You guys have been dwelling on Calipari's recruiting when he first started a Kentucky. You guys assume as bad as we do with MSU. It's all assumption until proven and both fan bases do it.

I suggest that you visit the IU site and read what is said about Calipari by the overwhelming majority of IU fans. My post referred to IU fans, that is a plural. As such it was directed at a group and not a specific individual. As part of your Informatics study, hopefully you had a Statistics course. If you did, you will recall that one can make accurate statements about groups, but not specific individuals within the group.

Pretending that IU fans do not make this claim as a group is silly. You know that they do. If you do not know, please review and you will see that I am correct. You will then be educated about your colleagues.
He wouldn't know, he's always over here. He thinks if tells us how great IU is we will eventually agree.

I said I dont make that claim. There is nothing tying Calipari to cheating. Just like there isnt with Archie or romeo. Now for the 5th time, can we end this, or do you need to keep harping on about things that you have no proof of?

Seriously! You guys have been dwelling on Calipari's recruiting when he first started a Kentucky. You guys assume as bad as we do with MSU. It's all assumption until proven and both fan bases do it.
Seems like you guys not only do it with MSU, but with IU too.

Again, I said I have never made that claim. I dont speak for the rest of the IU fanbase.

Seems like you guys not only do it with MSU, but with IU too.

Again, I said I have never made that claim. I dont speak for the rest of the IU fanbase.
Do you really believe telling us on a Purdue board that we will agree or all agree with you? You might get that on your own board but not here. Don't play the fool, you guys were claiming the same with Biggie. Just get over it and jump on your IU board buddy.

Reactions: BBG
Do you really believe telling us on a Purdue board that we will agree or all agree with you? You might get that on your own board but not here. Don't play the fool, you guys were claiming the same with Biggie. Just get over it and jump on your IU board buddy.
I just came over here originally to talk basketball, and there were some good conversations early on. I jumped into defending Archie and Romeo when certain posters starting calling them dirty (as I'm sure you would with Purdue players).

Since civil basketball conversations are no longer happening, and posters are just trolling with unfounded claims, I think I'll cease posting here (you're welcome).

Cal is as dirty as a used tampon but that’s just the norm these days. He was just one of the first to do what most are doing these days.

The press recruits for IU. I thought the Knight mystique would RUB off by now. It hasn't.
FYI under the masterful Knight, our beloved Keady held a winning record against IU. Purdue's dominance over IU in all sports except mens soccer, continues.
IU has had some runs over the years but the dominance is obvious in the head to head record. And it isn't a fluke.
:eek: Not sure you understand the word "dominance". Purdue won 51 of the first 62 games. And yeah, they count. But since 1939, Indiana leads the series 78-67. Purdue dominated from 1901, thru 1938. But since then, IU's been better. Throw in the FF's and National titles, and the gap gets wider.

Keady was a terrific coach, BTW.

:eek: Not sure you understand the word "dominance". Purdue won 51 of the first 62 games. And yeah, they count. But since 1939, Indiana leads the series 78-67. Purdue dominated from 1901, thru 1938. But since then, IU's been better. Throw in the FF's and National titles, and the gap gets wider.

I guess you could say Purdue’s head to head lead is “dusty”, just like IU’s banners. lol

Reactions: IUfanBorden

Why are you here seeking our approval? We always see this from obsessive IU fans looking for ways to make themselves feel better. You all regurgitate the same thing where someone parsed and dissected all of the basketball seasons dating back to the big bang, just to prove... what? If it works for you, great, but don't expect us to care about your fragile feelings.

I think that it is clear that in order to remove the appearance of impropriety a player should not be allowed to play for an AAU team coached by his father if the family receives any renumeration except for demonstrated out of pocket expenses. That would remove any issue and is a needed reform.

arc:

I often like your posts, and I can’t believe you posted both of the two above.

The first one I quoted above is so absolutely spot-on in every way. The Adidas payment to poppa Langford to run Romeo’s AAU team is a legal loophole, is ridiculous, and should be vaporized (even if it’s currently technically legal).

The follow-up post about Calipari? Puhleeeease! He was the unquestioned leader and decision maker of two programs that were blown up on his watch. Tangible penalties against the entire program at two separate places.

Call out the quasi-legal AAU stuff AND Calipari if you ask me.

Why are you here seeking our approval? We always see this from obsessive IU fans looking for ways to make themselves feel better. You all regurgitate the same thing where someone parsed and dissected all of the basketball seasons dating back to the big bang, just to prove... what? If it works for you, great, but don't expect us to care about your fragile feelings.
Seeking approval? You can’t be serious? You can’t land better than a high 3 star recruit and IU fans come here to seek your approval? The mother of one of your players defends her son on your board as you bash him...I’m going to guess the cartoon that is this board is what brings us here. Have fun spending the next 10-20 years near the bottom of the conference. You’re f’d!

Okay guys, reading this thread is boring as heck. There is a lot of energy wasted here debating nonsense. How about we close it off and talk about some other basketball topic?

Seeking approval? You can’t be serious? You can’t land better than a high 3 star recruit and IU fans come here to seek your approval? The mother of one of your players defends her son on your board as you bash him...I’m going to guess the cartoon that is this board is what brings us here. Have fun spending the next 10-20 years near the bottom of the conference. You’re f’d!
Yet here you are, trying to convince us how great your program is -- or some day will be. >yawn<

Yet here you are, trying to convince us how great your program is -- or some day will be. >yawn<
I don’t think I’ve said anything about IU. I saw on our board how NE’s mom was posting so I came over to check it out. Keep landing those great recruits so you have a good team to cheer for!!!

arc:

I often like your posts, and I can’t believe you posted both of the two above.

The first one I quoted above is so absolutely spot-on in every way. The Adidas payment to poppa Langford to run Romeo’s AAU team is a legal loophole, is ridiculous, and should be vaporized (even if it’s currently technically legal).

The follow-up post about Calipari? Puhleeeease! He was the unquestioned leader and decision maker of two programs that were blown up on his watch. Tangible penalties against the entire program at two separate places.

Call out the quasi-legal AAU stuff AND Calipari if you ask me.

JM, Trojan's point was as long as it is not illegal it is OK. I disagreed as there is a difference between unethical and illegal and unethical is not OK. Personally, I think Calipari is unethical. However, in fairness his past players have beem found to, have committed infractions but Calipari has not been found to do anything illegal. Using Trojan's logic, which I reject, Calipari is OK. But you and I both know most IU fans claim him guilty as hell.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Seeking approval? Ummm, no. Just pointing out facts.

Fragile feelings? Ummm, nope. Great class this year. ANother next year. Miller is locking up the state. First Romeo...Now TJD. And soon to be Brooks. No fragility here brother.

I'm fine. But thanks for the concern.

Seeking approval? Ummm, no. Just pointing out facts.

Fragile feelings? Ummm, nope. Great class this year. ANother next year. Miller is locking up the state. First Romeo...Now TJD. And soon to be Brooks. No fragility here brother.

I'm fine. But thanks for the concern.
Oh no! Another IU coach is “locking up the state”. What ever will we do? We will never win another game! Oh no!

Boy that sounds familiar. These guys start bragging before the game is even played. Newman, Gillis, and IT are just fodder, I guess. You know Li’l Archie has to figure out what to do with this surplus of talent, now that he has locked up the state. Maybe IU will progress from being the forth best team in Indiana to the third or second?

Reactions: BBG
Oh no! Another IU coach is “locking up the state”. What ever will we do? We will never win another game! Oh no!

Boy that sounds familiar. These guys start bragging before the game is even played. Newman, Gillis, and IT are just fodder, I guess. You know Li’l Archie has to figure out what to do with this surplus of talent, now that he has locked up the state. Maybe IU will progress from being the forth best team in Indiana to the third or second?
Are you saying your 3 man class would be better than an IU class of TJD, Brooks, and Franklin? I would think that most would not agree with that.

He will definitely still have to prove he can win with that talent, though.

As for "locking up the state", with Brooks joining the class, that would be three 5* and three 4* from Indiana in the last two classes.

Are you saying your 3 man class would be better than an IU class of TJD, Brooks, and Franklin? I would think that most would not agree with that.

He will definitely still have to prove he can win with that talent, though.

As for "locking up the state", with Brooks joining the class, that would be three 5* and three 4* from Indiana in the last two classes.
I thought you were done posting here?

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/trayce-jackson-davis.158210/page-6#post-1973194

Do you have anything to add to the conversation?
Well since you said you were leaving and didn't I just wanted to point that out. And I'll add something to a conversation with you, the first time you do. I don't expect much mind you, but try something coherent just once.

Or better yet, stick to your comment about leaving and just leave. We will be much better off if you do and you'll be happier since you won't be called out so much. I'll bet you can even get courtsense2 to give you a supportive kiss if you want.

Well since you said you were leaving and didn't I just wanted to point that out. And I'll add something to a conversation with you, the first time you do. I don't expect much mind you, but try something coherent just once.

Or better yet, stick to your comment about leaving and just leave. We will be much better off if you do and you'll be happier since you won't be called out so much. I'll bet you can even get courtsense2 to give you a supportive kiss if you want.
Lol yea, I didnt think you would have anything to add. You haven't given a basketball thought since you joined this board. Maybe you should forget your login information again.

Is pointing out that Adidas bought Romeo and funneled him to IU “going full homer”?
No, but it's also inaccurate. Either way we will have to agree to disagree. Very happy we landed Romeo, and even more happy to land TJD (topic of this thread).

Lol yea, I didnt think you would have anything to add. You haven't given a basketball thought since you joined this board. Maybe you should forget your login information again.
Huh it's funny because I have had plenty of conversations with people about basketball. If you had anything of substance to add to a PURDUE FORUM you'd of noticed that.

But your response is exactly what I expected. Nothing of worth and backtracking on your comment to leave. I am shocked to see it I tell you, SHOCKED!

It's kinda funny too that you don't even see it. In a very entertaining way I might add.

Huh it's funny because I have had plenty of conversations with people about basketball. If you had anything of substance to add to a PURDUE FORUM you'd of noticed that.

But your response is exactly what I expected. Nothing of worth and backtracking on your comment to leave. I am shocked to see it I tell you, SHOCKED!

It's kinda funny too that you don't even see it. In a very entertaining way I might add.
So as this is a thread about TJD, an IU COMMIT, what are your thoughts on his commitment? Let's see if you are able to have a conversation about the thread topic for once.

So as this is a thread about TJD, an IU COMMIT, what are your thoughts on his commitment? Let's see if you are able to have a conversation about the thread topic for once.
I don't care because they aren't PURDUE PLAYERS and it is a thread that was started by a IU fan. See how that works? If you want to sing their praises, go to the IU forum. It's not really that hard of a concept for you to grasp, or shouldn't be.

How about we discuss why you and so many other iu fans need the approval of our fanbase? Why are you so obsessed with what we think here that you have to spend so much time mucking up the forum?

What are your thoughts on your statement about you leaving and not posting here and backtracking? Let's see if you are able to keep your word for once.

I don't care because they aren't PURDUE PLAYERS and it is a thread that was started by a IU fan. See how that works? If you want to sing their praises, go to the IU forum. It's not really that hard of a concept for you to grasp, or shouldn't be.

What are your thoughts on your statement about you leaving and not posting here and backtracking? Let's see if you are able to keep your word for once.
If you dont care why are you reading the thread? Why not just ignore it or hide the thread? I'm full within my right to comment about IU in a thread about an IU commit.

I'm not leaving, sorry. I will no longer be responding to trolls like Arc, though.

So you might as well put me on ignore, because I'll be here for awhile.

If you dont care why are you reading the thread?
Because its a PURDUE FORUM and can read what I want thanks. Plus it's fun watching you get called out and squirm.

Why not just ignore it or hide the thread? I'm full within my right to comment about IU in a thread about an IU commit.
And we are full within our right to continue to call you out for it since this is a PURDUE FORUM.

I'm not leaving, sorry. I will no longer be responding to trolls like Arc, though.
Ah so you're not a man of your word then. Got it. Not surprising at all really.

So you might as well put me on ignore, because I'll be here for awhile.
Na, it's entirely too much fun to continually point out your shortcomings and mistakes with your obsession with what we have to say. And then watch you get triggered so easily.

Because its a PURDUE FORUM and can read what I want thanks. Plus it's fun watching you get called out and squirm.

And we are full within our right to continue to call you out for it since this is a PURDUE FORUM.

Ah so you're not a man of your word then. Got it. Not surprising at all really.

Na, it's entirely too much fun to continually point out your shortcomings and mistakes with your obsession with what we have to say. And then watch you get triggered so easily.
Okay, good to know! I look forward to our future conversations! Go Hoosiers!

Okay, good to know! I look forward to our future conversations! Go Hoosiers!
You did claim that you weren't trolling as well. Look at what you are doing. Dude, take a break and enjoy your commit on your own board. You guys come here to start a thread about your own commit and then think it's not trolling when you defend your comments.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
You did claim that you weren't trolling as well. Look at what you are doing. Dude, take a break and enjoy your commit on your own board. You guys come here to start a thread about your own commit and then think it's not trolling when you defend your comments.
I said nothing on the TJD front other than "I called it...". I got pissed when claims of Archie and Romeo being dirty started to occur. If those allegations dont occur, then I wouldn't be commenting on this thread anymore. You can blame Arc for the way this thread turned. The same can be said for every thread he tries to argue Archie or Romeo are dirty.

I will call him out on his nonsense every time, so if you want these threads to stop happening, I suggest you take it up with him.

I said nothing on the TJD front other than "I called it...". I got pissed when claims of Archie and Romeo being dirty started to occur. If those allegations dont occur, then I wouldn't be commenting on this thread anymore. You can blame Arc for the way this thread turned. The same can be said for every thread he tries to argue Archie or Romeo are dirty.

I will call him out on his nonsense every time, so if you want these threads to stop happening, I suggest you take it up with him.
PURDUE BOARD. Why is that so difficult for you to grasp. It really isn't that hard of a concept.

We're going to say what we want on here and if you don't like it, stop obsessing over us and stick to your word about leaving. It's that simple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT