ADVERTISEMENT

Best Colleges in Indiana

Rose Holman
Might want to learn the correct spelling. Rose-Hulman. Rose-Hulman is a great school but doesn't compare to Purdue in other than Engineering. Purdue is top ten in Engineering, Pharmacy, and Agriculture. 13 of Purdue's undergraduate programs were ranked in the top 10 in the US. The agricultural school has a ranking by some as #1 in the world. Purdue also has a veterinary school that ranks 13th nationally.

Reactions: RossMackey
Might want to learn the correct spelling. Rose-Hulman. Rose-Hulman is a great school but doesn't compare to Purdue in other than Engineering. Purdue is top ten in Engineering, Pharmacy, and Agriculture. 13 of Purdue's undergraduate programs were ranked in the top 10 in the US. The agricultural school has a ranking by some as #1 in the world. Purdue also has a veterinary school that ranks 13th nationally.
A Purdue degree is worth its weight in gold.

Purdue is not famous for its English degrees! My degree was in Math and computer science, not English.

Rose Hulman is an awesome school. The original post wanted opinions about the best schools in Indiana. I have to believe the original poster wanted the names of other schools besides just Purdue! Rose Hulman graduates have their pick of jobs.

Wabash is another great academic school. Small colleges can be just as great as big ones.

I also hate to inform people, but Notre Dame also has a very good academic reputation.

Ball st has a tremendous reputation for their education school.

IU also has several schools that are highly respected. Law, Business, Music, Medical and Optometry come to mind.

What’s really interesting is that Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan are so highly rated academically! That was not the case 50 years ago. A lot of people. Don’t realize how awesome the vast majority of BIG 10 schools actually are. But the industry knows!

What’s really interesting is that Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan are so highly rated academically! That was not the case 50 years ago. A lot of people. Don’t realize how awesome the vast majority of BIG 10 schools actually are. But the industry knows!

It most certainly was the case for Illinois and Michigan 50 years ago.

Reactions: z_one and Quix0te
Purdue is not famous for its English degrees! My degree was in Math and computer science, not English.

Rose Hulman is an awesome school. The original post wanted opinions about the best schools in Indiana. I have to believe the original poster wanted the names of other schools besides just Purdue! Rose Hulman graduates have their pick of jobs.

Wabash is another great academic school. Small colleges can be just as great as big ones.

I also hate to inform people, but Notre Dame also has a very good academic reputation.

IU also has several schools that are highly respected. Law, Business, Music, Medical and Optometry come to mind.

At number 89 in the world, Purdue is the only Indiana University rated in the top 300 in QS World rankings.

Huh? Original post was just a link to an article with a ranking where Purdue was #1. No one was asking opinions just some homerism by our fan base. Of course all those schools have their strengths. Hanover college is good at cranking out politicians. I’ve met some great construction experts from indiana state. But I’m happy to celebrate Purdue #1 based on that criteria!

Reactions: z_one

At number 89 in the world, Purdue is the only Indiana University rated in the top 300 in QS World rankings.
Out-STANDING.

That’s real nice that Purdue was included in that rating. Go to the CEO of Proctor and Gamble and ask him if he has ever heard of that rating company . Go to personnel departments and ask them what schools they go to recruit at. Different ratings have different criteria.

Talk to someone who is a Rose graduate and ask him who has the better engineering school.

Or go to a forum that is not a Purdue forum and ask them what is the best university in the state of Indiana.

I guess I am stupid to think or believe anyone on this forum. Would admit any other university in Indiana is better than Purdue! Or is even close to being as awesome as Purdue is!

Purdue is the greatest school. It has the greatest mascot. Mackey is the greatest arena. Purdue’s red bricks are the greatest ever. Even the McDonald’s at Purdue is the greatest ever! Purdue is second to none! And it has the best popcorn research. It even has an awesome track team! And how about its hockey team. Oops too far?

That’s real nice that Purdue was included in that rating. Go to the CEO of Proctor and Gamble and ask him if he has ever heard of that rating company . Go to personnel departments and ask them what schools they go to recruit at. Different ratings have different criteria.

Talk to someone who is a Rose graduate and ask him who has the better engineering school.

Or go to a forum that is not a Purdue forum and ask them what is the best university in the state of Indiana.

I guess I am stupid to think or believe anyone on this forum. Would admit any other university in Indiana is better than Purdue! Or is even close to being as awesome as Purdue is!

Purdue is the greatest school. It has the greatest mascot. Mackey is the greatest arena. Purdue’s red bricks are the greatest ever. Even the McDonald’s at Purdue is the greatest ever! Purdue is second to none! And it has the best popcorn research. It even has an awesome track team! And how about its hockey team. Oops too far?
It’s based on metrics man, let it go. Someone just posted it here, it’s fun. Why don’t you go on the rose hulman track forum?

Reactions: pu1985 and z_one

QS World Ranking has become one of the most respected of the university rankings. That you have not heard of QS World rankings and you think Michigan and Illinois were not highly rated universities 50 years ago speaks volumes.

Last edited:

Did you even read the article? It was based on tuition, living costs, scholarship and grants, retention rate and starting salary for new grads. I am not surprised to see Purdue up there at all. College costs are steep and Purdue is one of the best in the state at value for the money/effort put in.

Something wrong with you. Take a step back man and look at what you have just posted in this thread. Sheesh!

Reactions: pu1985
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT