ADVERTISEMENT

Trayce Jackson Davis

He said staying home was one of the most important factors in his decision. Wonder why him and Keion seem so big on representing the state and staying in state but don't even bother to take at least an official visit with us. We are the more successful program in recent years but just can't seem to be the sexy option for these high rating in state kids.

What a joke. When we hired Lutz from Creighton he was supposed to be a recruiting guru. I feel like that move has yet to pay off. Not bashing anyone but I am sick of being on the outside looking in on these situations.
Creighton has also been implicated in this FBI business from when Lutz was still there. Not sure if these things are correlated.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Painter needs a good recruiter. He is honest and upfront and excellent X's and Os .. but one are he needs help is a closer.

We are doing good enough to get noticed by the elite players now, but I think when his no BS approach doesn't work, he needs someone to fill that gap.

I'm glad he is our coach and don't think anyone else would do much better here, but clearly he needs some backup.

Painter needs a good recruiter. He is honest and upfront and excellent X's and Os .. but one are he needs help is a closer.

We are doing good enough to get noticed by the elite players now, but I think when his no BS approach doesn't work, he needs someone to fill that gap.

I'm glad he is our coach and don't think anyone else would do much better here, but clearly he needs some backup.

Been saying this forever, but some here still think otherwise. You don't have to cheat to be good recruiter. This should be priority #1 for Painter.

Mom wanted IU she told me so herself. I expect Brooks to committ also with what I have been told..MSU almost got him...

Reactions: echs86
This statement echoes down the canyon and back, and down and back . . . but kids just do not grow up wanting to be a Boilermaker. It is what it is, that is the thing that has to change, and those who think getting to a final four is the goal are probably more right about this aspect than getting there. We need to become a destination that ten year olds love . . .

So what does an assistant coach, recruiter, do to get these players...…..and their parents? Money talks, bullshit walks? Seriously, how is this assistant supposed to "smooth" over CMP's straight talk? Seems to me like CMP and co. need to open up that wallet....something I'm against of course.
I also heard Davis' family was split a few ways on where he should go...…..I wonder what up with that? Not that it matters.

you have no idea how close it was that he went to MSU..
I do actually haha. Was told last week that he had made his decision and informed his high school coach (I wasn't told which school, or that he signed).

When trayce was at the game last week, I text the person and asked "so it has to be IU if he is at the game and already made his decision, right?".

I got a reply that said "not necessarily. He stayed up late last night and watch MSU kick the shit out of UCLA. He will announce next week."

This statement echoes down the canyon and back, and down and back . . . but kids just do not grow up wanting to be a Boilermaker. It is what it is, that is the thing that has to change, and those who think getting to a final four is the goal are probably more right about this aspect than getting there. We need to become a destination that ten year olds love . . .
I think this is the real issue. We just need a fluke run to a Final Four. We have to be one of the most successful basketball programs to not make a single Final Four in the last 30 years.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
He said staying home was one of the most important factors in his decision. Wonder why him and Keion seem so big on representing the state and staying in state but don't even bother to take at least an official visit with us. We are the more successful program in recent years but just can't seem to be the sexy option for these high rating in state kids.

Coach. Coach. Coach. Painter isn't a sexy coach to play for, unfortunately.

Kids are going to Purdue to play football for BROHM. He is more proof the coach matters more than anything.

Did David Bell, Rondale, Milton Wright, and King George grow up wanting to play at Purdue?

Brohm has something in his recruiting operation that CMP does not. And I don’t know what it is.

Did David Bell, Rondale, Milton Wright, and King George grow up wanting to play at Purdue?

Brohm has something in his recruiting operation that CMP does not. And I don’t know what it is.

I’d say part of it is that it’s Brohm’s offense that is getting these great recruits. It’s a very pass heavy offense that’s a ton of fun to watch and filled with trick plays. Meanwhile on the flip side, I think most would agree with me when saying that Painter is not known for coaching teams that play a flashy or high flying brand of basketball. He’s known for gritty defense and working hard. Doesn’t really excite kids.

I’d say part of it is that it’s Brohm’s offense that is getting these great recruits. It’s a very pass heavy offense that’s a ton of fun to watch and filled with trick plays. Meanwhile on the flip side, I think most would agree with me when saying that Painter is not known for coaching teams that play a flashy or high flying brand of basketball. He’s known for gritty defense and working hard. Doesn’t really excite kids.
That’s part of it. But that doesn’t explain all the four star defensive players that Brohm is getting, like Karlaftis, Grant, and Stephen Faucheaux. There just seems to be a buzz, and enthusiasm and energy in the football operation that we may not have in the basketball building right now.

Maybe one of you fellas can get CMP a dress for Christmas...…...get that sexy coach thing going on:rolleyes:

So what does an assistant coach, recruiter, do to get these players...…..and their parents? Money talks, bullshit walks? Seriously, how is this assistant supposed to "smooth" over CMP's straight talk? Seems to me like CMP and co. need to open up that wallet....something I'm against of course.
I also heard Davis' family was split a few ways on where he should go...…..I wonder what up with that? Not that it matters.
Painter will never land big recruits other than one here and there. I think he’s a very good coach but he and the school isn’t sexy. It would be a gamble to get rid of him and go after a young energized coach that may recruit better but if that’s what you fans want then that’s the gamble you’d have to take, I think anyways.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Especially now days!

Painter will never land big recruits other than one here and there. I think he’s a very good coach but he and the school isn’t sexy. It would be a gamble to get rid of him and go after a young energized coach that may recruit better but if that’s what you fans want then that’s the gamble you’d have to take, I think anyways.

It does make you wonder why a "sexy" school like IU doesn't own PU in the head to head battles? With all the recruits and sexiness, it definitely has had its share of trouble with PU.....even under your most successful coach, RMK. It's crazy.

It does make you wonder why a "sexy" school like IU doesn't own PU in the head to head battles? With all the recruits and sexiness, it definitely has had its share of trouble with PU.....even under your most successful coach, RMK. It's crazy.
Purdue won a ton a zillion years ago that’s the only reason they have more wins head to head. Also, Purdue is a good school with a solid program but not the type that will land top recruits very often. Everyone knows what I’m saying is true this isn’t to demean Purdue. IU doesn’t recruit with UK or Duke but when they have a good coach they recruit very well. Good coaches at IU have no problem getting top 100 kids with some top 50. We have to give Archie 4 or 5 years to see how good of a coach he really is because it seems he’s going to recruit very well.

Purdue won a ton a zillion years ago that’s the only reason they have more wins head to head. Also, Purdue is a good school with a solid program but not the type that will land top recruits very often. Everyone knows what I’m saying is true this isn’t to demean Pursue. IU doesn’t recruit with UK or Duke but when they have a good coach they recruit very well. Good coaches at IU have no problem getting top 100 kids with some top 50. We have to give Archie 4 or 5 years to see how good of a coach he really is because it seems he’s going to recruit very well.

A zillion years ago is when IU was close to "elite". But PU still managed to beat you...….just kind of interesting is all. And IU has always had good recruits.....what your program has done with that talent has been the question.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Purdue won a ton a zillion years ago that’s the only reason they have more wins head to head. Also, Purdue is a good school with a solid program but not the type that will land top recruits very often. Everyone knows what I’m saying is true this isn’t to demean Purdue. IU doesn’t recruit with UK or Duke but when they have a good coach they recruit very well. Good coaches at IU have no problem getting top 100 kids with some top 50. We have to give Archie 4 or 5 years to see how good of a coach he really is because it seems he’s going to recruit very well.

The press recruits for IU. I thought the Knight mystique would RUB off by now. It hasn't.
FYI under the masterful Knight, our beloved Keady held a winning record against IU. Purdue's dominance over IU in all sports except mens soccer, continues.
IU has had some runs over the years but the dominance is obvious in the head to head record. And it isn't a fluke.

Purdue won a ton a zillion years ago that’s the only reason they have more wins head to head. Also, Purdue is a good school with a solid program but not the type that will land top recruits very often. Everyone knows what I’m saying is true this isn’t to demean Pursue. IU doesn’t recruit with UK or Duke but when they have a good coach they recruit very well. Good coaches at IU have no problem getting top 100 kids with some top 50. We have to give Archie 4 or 5 years to see how good of a coach he really is because it seems he’s going to recruit very well.

A zillion years ago is when IU was close to "elite". But PU still managed to beat you...….just kind of interesting is all. And IU has always had good recruits.....what your program has done with that talent has been the question.

5 banners

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT